We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

This is my project for this weekend, when I grow up I want to be Oliver Postgate making space mice in a shed. I'm not sure if that's possible though..

Anyway my zine will have
*Why I love his shows
*A bit about the Clangers and Bagpuss, and why I was never keen on Ivor the Engine
* Attempting to win a Bagpuss on Brighton Pier
* Clangers knitting pattern
* Some of the more obscure stuff like Pinny and Tottie (the doll's houses ones)

Anything else you'd like to see in it?

(Also if you're from the UK, and were born before about 1987, you'll like this website, you'll go "oh I totally forgot how much I liked that programme!" http://www.thechestnut.com/index.htm )

Tags: bagpuss, blue, clangers, kids, knitting, string, tv

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know the clangers had swearing in, but beacuse it was just played on a whistle and not said, the BBC were ok with it.
Did this come out? I'd love to get a copy if so.
I've been reading his autobiography (aww - he was so lovely)

*I want a Bagpuss*

re the swearing Clangers - the whistelling Clanger toys all used the clip where he's saying 'Oh sod it, the bloody things stuck again" lol
I haven;t finished it yet, I've done some bits though. I found his autobiography on audiobook at a charity shop, and I want to review that too. I've found that zines on a specific theme take me a lot longer than my general purpose zine, because I have to be in the specific mood to write about that topic

Jenna Appleseed said:
Did this come out? I'd love to get a copy if so.
I've been reading his autobiography (aww - he was so lovely)

*I want a Bagpuss*

re the swearing Clangers - the whistelling Clanger toys all used the clip where he's saying 'Oh sod it, the bloody things stuck again" lol
I'm still working on it- I had another burst of inspiration after watching a documentary on BBC 4 about him just now

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service