We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Nobody Cares Aboout Your Stupid Zine Podcast

My housemate and zine librarian extraordinaire, Mark Parker and I put together our first zine podcast! We even got Androo Robinson to write us a silly theme song.

The podcast consists of zine news and events and the easiest interview idea ever, we interviewed each other! Check out the blog here and the actual libsyn podcast account here. It's not quite up yet, but it should be soon soon soon. Nobody Cares About Your Stupid zine Podcast is a You Woke The Cat Production.

Views: 54

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

cool!  Some how I missed this the first time around!  I just listened to both of them though!  So dorky.... but yes, I love listening to people talk about zines!  Alex, you should be doing one of these every month!  keep it up!

ps, List rules!

I'm with Billy. Hell, I'd be thrilled if you did one a week. I don't know what you'd talk about every week or where you'd find the time to do one a week, but I'd love to see it. Can't wait to download this one.

I'm so happy to see a new episode! I loved the first episode when it came out but so much time had gone by I had given up hope of getting more. I'm downloading it to put on my mp3 player now.

We're not going to commit to a schedule, but I'm pushing for releasing one every month or 2.  We have a lot of really cool ideas for shows lined up.  I really enjoyed recording and editing this, I forgot how much i love co-hosting a podcast.

Ericfishlegs said:

I'm with Billy. Hell, I'd be thrilled if you did one a week. I don't know what you'd talk about every week or where you'd find the time to do one a week, but I'd love to see it. Can't wait to download this one.
Look forward to listening to this when I get in tonight...on second thoughts I'm gunna download it and listen to it at work

Derek Neuland said:

You forgot to list our show notes:

In this Episode of Nobody Cares About Your Stupid Zine Podcast, Derek Neuland and Alex Wrekk discuss the book Fanzines by Teal Triggs and several issues surrounding it including copyright and etiquette as they interview Ramsey Beyer (illustrator and List zine) Amber Forrester  (http://www.hello-amber.com/) and Jerianne Thompson (librarian and editor of Zine World).

haha sorry Alex, i was really tired after editing.
Thanks for editing Derek, I haven't the patience for it. Yet, somehow I have the patience for pressing 1,000 buttons in a day.
it's probably because you can't watch X-Files while editing a podcast :)
*ZING*
Derek- 1, Alex- 0

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service