We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Nobody Cares Aboout Your Stupid Zine Podcast

My housemate and zine librarian extraordinaire, Mark Parker and I put together our first zine podcast! We even got Androo Robinson to write us a silly theme song.

The podcast consists of zine news and events and the easiest interview idea ever, we interviewed each other! Check out the blog here and the actual libsyn podcast account here. It's not quite up yet, but it should be soon soon soon. Nobody Cares About Your Stupid zine Podcast is a You Woke The Cat Production.

Views: 59

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This was a great first episode. I really enjoyed it. I'm excited to hear future episodes! I think the format is perfect and the possibilities are endless with guest hosts/interviews/tips/etiquette/ etc...

Have you submitted the podcast to be added to the itunes podcast directory? it's fairly easy (i speak from experience) and that way people can subscribe to it through itunes and new episodes will download automatically once they are released. It will also get the podcast out to a different crowd and possibly convert some people into becoming zinesters like us :)
"Hey, I just listened in this morning. A good start! Sorry 'bout the mix-up with the song. I thought it wuz gonna be No One Cares instead of Nobody Cares. Wait a minute, does anybody care?"

Androo, the song was so good I think if anything they should change the name of the podcast in order to reflect the song.

2 quick comments on the show-

1. On zine cliches- apologizing for your zine's lateness is kind of an annoying cliche, but the day you realize that nobody is sitting with their calender marking down the days until your next issue is kind of a sad one. I much prefer the zinester who thinks everybody cares to the one who realzies no one cares as much as them.

2. i don't even remember how or why this came up, but Alex mentioned wrtiting long ass letters to zine people you've never met and it just got me to thinking how much I missed the days of writing long letters to every zine i read. It was kind of an indication that I had too much free time on my hands, but I enjoyed it. Nowadays I'm just as lazy with my letter writing as everyone else.

Suggestions for future episodes- some sort of listener questions segment. People send in questions, you answer them. It'd fill time if nothing else.
I am listening right now! :) It's super good thus far!
i second this suggestion, would make for a great show/ regular segment.

Ericfishlegs said:
Suggestions for future episodes- some sort of listener questions segment. People send in questions, you answer them. It'd fill time if nothing else.
I submitted it to itunes but it can take several days for it to show up in their system. I haven't been able to find it in itunes yet but our libsyn stats say that 1 person listened to it that way so I'm a bit confused. It should be up soon though.

Derek Neuland said:
This was a great first episode. I really enjoyed it. I'm excited to hear future episodes! I think the format is perfect and the possibilities are endless with guest hosts/interviews/tips/etiquette/ etc...

Have you submitted the podcast to be added to the itunes podcast directory? it's fairly easy (i speak from experience) and that way people can subscribe to it through itunes and new episodes will download automatically once they are released. It will also get the podcast out to a different crowd and possibly convert some people into becoming zinesters like us :)
That's a great idea! I think there was lots of stuff I wrote down on scraps of paper that we didn't get to. I know we didnt' really give anyone any contact info but questions are an awesome idea!

Derek Neuland said:
i second this suggestion, would make for a great show/ regular segment.

Ericfishlegs said:
I think that no one cares sounds better audio-ly but writing it as a url looks weird. That's why we went with nobody.

1. I guess it is sort of an endearing cliche at this point.

2. I know that the older I get the less time I have spend writing ridiculously long letters. I wish I still had that time. There is a letter writing group at the IPRC. maybe we should drop in and interview them!

Sometimes it sort of seems like we are just two grumpy zine kids, but at least we are having fun! We sat down last night and talked about who we wanted to interview at the zine librarian (un) conference.

Ericfishlegs said:
"Hey, I just listened in this morning. A good start! Sorry 'bout the mix-up with the song. I thought it wuz gonna be No One Cares instead of Nobody Cares. Wait a minute, does anybody care?"

Androo, the song was so good I think if anything they should change the name of the podcast in order to reflect the song.

2 quick comments on the show-

1. On zine cliches- apologizing for your zine's lateness is kind of an annoying cliche, but the day you realize that nobody is sitting with their calender marking down the days until your next issue is kind of a sad one. I much prefer the zinester who thinks everybody cares to the one who realzies no one cares as much as them.

2. i don't even remember how or why this came up, but Alex mentioned wrtiting long ass letters to zine people you've never met and it just got me to thinking how much I missed the days of writing long letters to every zine i read. It was kind of an indication that I had too much free time on my hands, but I enjoyed it. Nowadays I'm just as lazy with my letter writing as everyone else.

Nobody cares About Your Stupid Zine Podcast is available in itunes now! So go add it and but searching for "nobody cares about your stupid zine" and give us lots of ratings!
I really enjoyed your podacast. Sounds like you guys enjoyed making it too.
I've been daydreaming all morning about your question "what zinester would you like to show you around their hometown?"
Fantastic. I can't wait for the next one!
Oh my god. It's the first podcast of my life. In our home, they've always kind of been my husband's thing, though now Inky is getting into them too. I was like, hey, let them walk around with their headphones strapped to their heads, shutting the world / me out in favor of Ira Glass / Kurt Anderson / Harry Schearer. When I'm the one washing the dishes, I'm going to listen to music and it ain't gonna be on no stinkin headphones!

So congratulations on succeeding where my child and my consort both failed. I am now a podcast junkie, or your podcast junkie. and all i've listened to is the song! (i want the song. can i get a separate track of the song? just a little bump to tide me over to the next episode) I'm walking to the post office later today, and your podcast is the carrot I'm tying to a stick to ensure i write my dang bust column.

Something to look forward to - hooray!
I totally just thought about that question! It would be rad though. Years agho in the late 90's I visited my zine pal in Lafayette, Indiana. He showed me all around town and even took me to Chicago where we stayed with Rebecca from Basement Children Distro and she made me vegan pancakes... It was really magical.

Since then I have met lots of zines friends in their cities and it has been fantastic!

Amanda Meiow said:
I really enjoyed your podacast. Sounds like you guys enjoyed making it too.
I've been daydreaming all morning about your question "what zinester would you like to show you around their hometown?"
Fantastic. I can't wait for the next one!
Yeah I saw this podcast's title in a myspace bulletin you'z guys posted and the first thing I thought was "oh my goodness I hope they aren't talking about me!" It's definitely an attention-getter in the zine community.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service