We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Nobody Cares Aboout Your Stupid Zine Podcast

My housemate and zine librarian extraordinaire, Mark Parker and I put together our first zine podcast! We even got Androo Robinson to write us a silly theme song.

The podcast consists of zine news and events and the easiest interview idea ever, we interviewed each other! Check out the blog here and the actual libsyn podcast account here. It's not quite up yet, but it should be soon soon soon. Nobody Cares About Your Stupid zine Podcast is a You Woke The Cat Production.

Views: 67

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Moe of Xtra Tuff showed me a grand time in Portland, but what I'd really relish is the X-tra Tuff tour of Kodiak Bay, Alaska!
Thanks so much! We are honored!

I'm not really sure if there is a way to post just the song somewhere. Doe anyone have any idea? I could just post it as another episode? Marc and I talked about how when we interview Androo we have to make him sing and play the intro live!

The East Village Inky said:
Oh my god. It's the first podcast of my life. In our home, they've always kind of been my husband's thing, though now Inky is getting into them too. I was like, hey, let them walk around with their headphones strapped to their heads, shutting the world / me out in favor of Ira Glass / Kurt Anderson / Harry Schearer. When I'm the one washing the dishes, I'm going to listen to music and it ain't gonna be on no stinkin headphones!

So congratulations on succeeding where my child and my consort both failed. I am now a podcast junkie, or your podcast junkie. and all i've listened to is the song! (i want the song. can i get a separate track of the song? just a little bump to tide me over to the next episode) I'm walking to the post office later today, and your podcast is the carrot I'm tying to a stick to ensure i write my dang bust column.

Something to look forward to - hooray!
nope, no one specific... maybe I'll tell the full story some day but not quite yet. Let's jsu say that It is actually something that some once said to me...

I guess it is sort of meant to be a bit incendiary. What do you want, we are a couple of grumpy 30 something zine kids. have you read the reviews on Zine Thug?

Stankzine said:
Yeah I saw this podcast's title in a myspace bulletin you'z guys posted and the first thing I thought was "oh my goodness I hope they aren't talking about me!" It's definitely an attention-getter in the zine community.
thanks Wes! i hope you will like the new ones coming out soon ;) xo

Wes White said:
This was cool Alex. I really like Hannah Neurotica's podcasts too, when I've caught them (which isn't that often, to my discredit).
Listened to the first episode this weekend and liked it quite a bit. I commend you for actually EDITING your program and not just posting more than an hour of random blather (like the Indie Spinner Rack podcast, which I do enjoy but could be half the running time). Do you think you'll ever do any "remote" interview recorded over the phone or Skype?

Tech Q: I don't have an iPod and refuse to install iTunes because I have other music management software I like. Will you be adding a "generic" podcast feed that I'll be able to cut and past into a podcast manager program? Also, have you checked into uploading this to the Zune Marketplace as well?
Thanks! I really wanted to be able to edit the show. I'm not great at it but hey, this is zine podcast. I can learn as I go along! I think we cut out a good 15 minutes of chatting with Paul and getting set up. I took out some long pauses and "uhs" too. We left some in for the outtakes... actually, I think Paul insisted on it.

I actually just signed up for skype and I think that new Google voice thing could be helpful too. We do plan on remote interviews but with the zine library things coming up and my trip to the UK and France and the Portland Zine Symposium, and the east coast trip I'm planning in the fall we should be set for shows for awhile!

Most of our listens have been directly from the libsyn site but there is an rss feed that I think you can plug into any sort of rss pod catcher thingie. I'm not sure how the zune works but here is the podcast rss feed: nobodycareszine.libsyn.com/rss

Aj Michel said:
Listened to the first episode this weekend and liked it quite a bit. I commend you for actually EDITING your program and not just posting more than an hour of random blather (like the Indie Spinner Rack podcast, which I do enjoy but could be half the running time). Do you think you'll ever do any "remote" interview recorded over the phone or Skype?

Tech Q: I don't have an iPod and refuse to install iTunes because I have other music management software I like. Will you be adding a "generic" podcast feed that I'll be able to cut and past into a podcast manager program? Also, have you checked into uploading this to the Zune Marketplace as well?
Also, if you have any comments that you don't want to post here feel free to e-mail us.

Send your questions, comments, suggestions on who we should interview, questions for people we should interview or the zinester you would like to show your around their town to:
nobodycareszine@gmail.com and we'll try to work it into the podcast. Marc, Lillymonster and I are taking the train up to Seattle for the zine librarian unconference this weekend so maybe we'll record some of the show on a train!

Seriously thought, the Unconfrence is going to be a treasure trove of interviews.
Oh Alex... i was going to mention, if you want to do a shout out for submissions to the IZM comp zine, go for it.
It's already on my list of zine news along with the zine core radio anoucement and a few other things.

NicoleIntrovert said:
Oh Alex... i was going to mention, if you want to do a shout out for submissions to the IZM comp zine, go for it.
"If the world were a rabbit then I would DEFINTELY (sic) care." - White Boy, Albany NY 1994
Really enjoyed the podcast, Alex 'n' Mark...

Nobody Cares About Your Stupid Zine Podcast #2 is out now!!! 

http://nobodycareszine.libsyn.com/nobody-cares-about-your-stupid-zine-podcast-2

In the second installment of Nobody Cares About Your Stupid Zine Podcast, Alex Wrekk is joined by myself,  Derek Neuland. We find out who Derek is, how he got into zines, and much more.  We also find out what Alex has been up to since the first podcast, which included traveling to many countries, touring the United States with 5 folks from the UK, and much more.  They also discuss their experiences organizing the 2010 Portland Zine Symposium, their excitement for the 2011 Chicago Zine Fest, and much more.

you can also subscribe to it on itunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/nobody-cares-aboout-your-stupid/...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service