We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Recent news suggests that there might not be a U.S. Postal Service in the future. If that becomes the case, how do print zinesters deal with that? I had to ask.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

UPS/FEDEX/DHL will hopefully price compete and pick up where USPS left off? I don't know anything about this, but I'm sure...where there's a demand, someone will step in to pick up the slack.
You are correct as far as all of the news i have consumed in recent weeks, Sarah.

Sarah said:
I think you're jumping the gun a little. Recent news has suggested 1) the USPS will be shutting down some of their lesser-performing post offices in various cities and 2) they may stop delivering mail on Saturdays.

Granted, I've been off the internet, barely watching TV, and out of town for a week, so feel free to provide an actual news link to back up your claim.

And the answer is carrier pigeons, by the way.
I think that there will always be a way to mail stuff, you can't email someone a package but I guess you would have to UPS it if USPS really closes down. I don't think we will see it shut down in our lifetime.
Last week when i was mailing some zines and when asked how i'd like to send them, as always i said "first class, unless media mail is cheaper". To which, the postal worker played me a message on the answering machine left from his boss reminding him that they are not allowed to suggest media mail to customers. Then he went on a big long diatribe about how the postal service is going downhill because they are trying to get more money out of the customer instead of serving the customer. It definitely made me smile.
I'd much rather use Fed Ex or UPS than the USPS. Less questions, faster, and cheaper for about everything except a letter or zine. I think the USPS pretty much screwed themselves out of being the go to place for packages, and email and texting has replaced letter writing in a big way. They've failed to see the future or meet customer needs... not really surprising for something run by the government.
there will
always
be a p.o.
what will neighborhood dogs
do???

besides...hard copy always a necessity...
to uzbekistan...japan, etcetera
soooooooooooo...maybe an
international p.o.
(as long as geo. wash. is on the stamp!!!)

Dan 10things said:
I'd much rather use Fed Ex or UPS than the USPS. Less questions, faster, and cheaper for about everything except a letter or zine. I think the USPS pretty much screwed themselves out of being the go to place for packages, and email and texting has replaced letter writing in a big way. They've failed to see the future or meet customer needs... not really surprising for something run by the government.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service