We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

A lot of zinesters have complained about the inability to buy old published zines without resorting to places like Ebay, it looks like SF zinesters will now have a zinester-run store and gallery operated by Matt Wobensmith, who did Outpunk zine and was a major player in the queer zine movement:

"Hello everyone! Spread the word. Goteblüd is now open for business! Opening reception this coming Friday, May 8th, from 7-9pm. Store hours are 12-5pm, every weekend.
http://www.goteblud.com

Goteblüd is a "vintage zine store and gallery", as well as a home for a comic book. We carry an interesting assortment of vintage fanzines and underground magazines, mostly along the lines of music, pop culture, sci-fi, weird/cult stuff, comic, graffiti, lowrider, tattoo, personal and others best described as "experimental." We have an exceptionally great selection of vintage punk zines, zines created by women and zines of GLBT interest.

Along with selling zines, we hope to showcase zine genres and art/ephemera related to the world of self-publishing. On display in the space currently is a complete run of Slash Magazine, the seminal LA punk tabloid published from 1977 to 1980.

Integrated within the store - which focuses on old things - is a new venture, called Goteblüd Comics. This is a company I run that publishes a popular local comic book entitled "Wuvable Oaf."
More info: http://www.wuvableoaf.com The themes from the comic book dominate the decor and presentation of the store, which is part horror movie, part cat tree and approximately 500 square feet of brown shag carpet. You are encouraged to bring your cat(s). See you there! Matt"

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I was really intrigued when I heard about this. Wish I could get up there and check out the store! The blog says they'll be writing about old zines too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service