a place for zinesters - writers and readers
The Last Word is at it again this month - and it's FREE again like it was the olden days!
This ish talks about several fi things...
• How cool people play Dungeons & Dragons.
• The disaster that is Outlook.com.
• A surprising break in the case of the Great Bike Theft of 2001.
• Magna Doodle memories.
• How people cheating in school is nothing compared to Rand Paul's plagiarism scandal.
• And more!
So point your groove thing here....
And remember, The Last Word is FREE!!!
The Cenacle | 86 | October 2013
Download link: http://www.scriptorpress.com/cenacle/86_october_2013.pdf
[Size = 4.9 MB]
Pleased to announce in the glowing days of autumn the new issue of The Cenacle has arrived! The making of each number brings KD & me unique pleasures, as they are quarterly & so naturally tied to the seasons. Also, we’ve had a summer to accumulate a pot of new pictures to share, as well as lots of new work by many fine contributors.
The new issue’s contents include:
* Poetry by Raymond Soulard, Jr., Judih Haggai, Martina Newberry, Joe Coleman, Tom Sheehan, Zannemarie Lloyd Taylor, & Christopher Wick
* Prose essays by Charlie Beyer, Nathan Horowitz & Raymond Soulard, Jr.
* New fixtion by Raymond Soulard, Jr.
* Classic fiction by Herman Hesse
* Reprinted essay on psychedelics by David Wilder
* Graphic artwork by Joe Coleman
* Graphic artwork by Kassandra & Raymond Soulard, Jr.
Email comments to email@example.com
Volume 2, issue 1 of & Octopus zine is now out. More info here: http://windowfog.etsy.com
Small, illustrated and handwritten zine is brewed with thought, whimsy, and nostalgia.
::FEATURED in this issue::
+ Summer Nights Soundtrack
+ Words from My Father
+ Paper Boat Fortunes
+ Kimchi Fried Rice (no-fuss)
+ Characteristics Inherited
+ Plus other topics
Halfsize, 36 pages, B&W.
-My job change from massage therapy to social work
-Forest defense work in eastern Oregon
-A story about the lives of pet birds
-The end of my most serious relationship
-Snapshots from Seattle
-The wildlife around the lake of my childhood home
Feminist perzine Here In My Head #13 is out now! 40 pages, 1/4 sized.
On shyness, social anxiety, self-esteem, privilege, confidence, sharing your voice and struggling with adulthood. £1 UK, $2 international, free postage, or get in touch for trades!
It's new, but it ain't blue, and it ain't bubble gum!
It's the latest issue of The Last Word - that fanzine of freedom! The Last Word is being offered for free again - the way America intended - and the latest ish talks about these things...
• Weird Dungeons & Dragons monsters.
• The Outlook.com plot thickens!
• Troubles with glue.
• Where to find a hilarious video of a guy acting up at Toys "R" Us.
• How stretching mucus from your nose is like a candy bar.
• How Nelson Mandela can inspire us.
• A proposed law to help us collect royalties.
So peep, beep, and oggle-weep...
King-Cat Comics #74
32 digest pages
Moving Day, Lying Around in Bed, Bridges of South Beloit, Body Odor Blues, Bat Love, letters, lots more.
Ordering info here: http://johnporcellino.blogspot.com/2013/11/king-cat-74-pre-orders.html
I can't believe I forgot to post about this! So, my new issue is a zine and a record for our zine themed bank, The Copy Scams album? We released a 10” record with 7 90s style pop punk songs all about zines plus a digital download and a 12 page zine with artwork by me and Steve Larder of Rum Lad Zine. You can get a copy from my Etsy shop. Also, all my zines are 20% off right now as well. Take a listen here:
Dairy River Vol. 11 (SOUNDS) is now available! Articles, illustrations, and songs by: Tammy T. Stone, Steve Wright, Matt Diamond, Marc Carver, Buzz Stein, and Zachary Scott Hamilton. Hope you enjoy! And we're always looking for collaborators, drop me a line!
The first ever Mad Pride Hamilton (Ontario, CANADA) zine is out!
54 pages 8 1/2 by 11
art, articles, poetry, resources, references, theory, and craziness
written and curated entirely by people who identify as mad, mentally ill, nuts, crazy, insane, service users and refusers, neurodiverse, neuroatypical.
$5 or pay what you can - email to arrange
If you're on Etsy and write about mental health related things, let us know so we can link to you...and buy a copy of your stuff!
The Cenacle | 87 | December 2013
Download link: http://www.scriptorpress.com/cenacle/87_december_2013.pdf
[Size = 4.5 MB]
Just upon the arrival of the new year, the new issue of The Cenacle has arrived! This issue features many of our usual great poets, plus fixtion, graphic arts, & several fine essays. It completes the 2013 Scriptor Press publishing year. I am expecting we will have even more publications to announce over the course of 2014. For now, enjoy this number!
The new issue’s contents include:
• New poetry by Raymond Soulard, Jr., Judih Haggai, Martina Newberry, Joe Coleman, & Tom Sheehan
• “Incarceration (The Last Belize Story)” [Journal] by Charlie Beyer
• “Jack Kerouac: A Psychonaut in Denial” [Essay] by Nick Meador
• “The Wildest Ones” [Travel Journal] by Nathan D. Horowitz
• Labyrinthine [new fixtion] by Raymond Soulard, Jr.
• Notes from New England [Commentary] by Raymond Soulard, Jr.
• Classic poetry by W.B. Yeats
• Graphic artwork by Joe Coleman
• Graphic artwork by Kassandra & Raymond Soulard, Jr.
Email comments to this mailing list by simply hitting “reply” to this email—or reply to me directly & off-list at firstname.lastname@example.org