We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 12970

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

SubTales #3 cover    illustration by Fanitsa Petrou. Copyright © Fanitsa Petrou. All Rights Reserved. www.fanitsa-petrou.com

"Young Blood Zine #1" is now complete! I compiled the zine to go along with a movie my brother and I wrote and directed, "Young Blood: Evil Intentions". You can watch the trailer for the movie here: http://youtu.be/evJJgxTyP3

Young Blood Zine is 1/2 sheet size and 12 pages- $1 or trade ($2 Int'l)!

Crazed Mazes #2 (12 page preview) is also 1/2 sheet size and available for $1 or trade!

Please specify which zine(s) you would like!

The Cenacle | #83 | December 2012
Download link: http://www.scriptorpress.com/cenacle/83.html
[Size = 4.5 MB]

Hello everyone,

Only a month after the last issue arrives The Cenacle | 83 | December 2012. I am really happy to be concluding this year with four issues once again made & distributed. I think my late friend Jim, now passed on a year, would be happy that I found my feet again to do this work. The new issue’s contents include:

• Poetry by Judih Haggai, Joe Coleman, Martina Newberry, Tom Sheehan, & Zannemarie Lloyd Taylor
• Prose essays by Jonathan TALAT Philips, Nathan Horowitz, Charlie Beyer, & Raymond Soulard, Jr.
• “The Tangled Gate” by Raymond Soulard, Jr.
• New fixtion by Raymond Soulard, Jr.
• Classic poetry by Jalalludin Rumi
• Photography by Kassandra & Raymond Soulard, Jr.

Kassi & I send out season’s greetings to everyone, & wishes that your new year bring fulfillment, good health, & many dear hours.

Peace,
Raymond

New photo issue. 48 pages 8.5”x7”

Writing plus shots of Black Pus, HeWhoCorrupts, Failures, 97-Shiki, What Happens Next?, Coping, Arcing, Nana Grizol, The Psalms, KungFu Rick, Pink Houses, The Broadways, Piebald, La Mantra de Fhiqria, Bad Banana, Joie de Vivre, Empire! Empire!, Trepan Nation, 7 Days of Samsara, John Brown Battery, and Converge.

TheFuryzine@hotmail.com

Send $3 to:

Mark Novotny

5413 6th Ave

Countryside, IL

or go here to buy online

Coming out with our first issue of "La Lucha!" very soon! This zine focuses entirely on the international spectacle and art of lucha libre (freestyle wrestling), specifically the masked, Mexican variety. This being our first release, it's fairly short. 10 pages. But those pages are filled with artwork from different folks around the US, including myself. You can find out more info on our project here: La Lucha!

Shape & Situate: Posters Of Inspirational European Women
Issue #4

Shape & Situate is a zine of posters made by artists and DIY creative folk from within Europe, each poster highlighting the (often hidden) history and lives of radical inspirational women and collectives from Europe, as a way of connecting us with the past and the present through a dynamic cultural (re-)articulation of these women’s lives.
The zine aims to activate feminist cultural memory, to inspire in the present, and to visually bring women’s social and political history to life and into view.

The zine features posters of:
No Fit State, Delia Derbyshire, Emilie Claeys, Nadezhda Tolokonnikova/Pussy Riot, Olive Morris, Bobby Baker, Gareth Peirce, Sadie Lee, Charlotte Cooper, Karen Horney, Sue Black, Brenda Greenwood, Barbara Steveni, Anne Frank, Constance Markievicz, Kathe Kollwitz , Kathleen Thomas, Penny Pepper, Dominique Abel, Maria Cobo, Leonora Carrington, Sarah Howcroft, Booan Temple, Ali Smith, Rosalind Franklin, Helen Brook, Olive Shapley.

Contributing artists:
Cj Reay, Hazel Smoczynska, Nina Nijsten, Julia Downes, Holly Casio, Charlotte Young, Sofia Niazi, Jo Harrison, Charlotte Richardson Andrews, Lucie Russell, Chella Quint, Margareta Kern, Rachael House, Benedict Rutherford, Ian Cockburn, A-K Pirata, Erica Smith, Zoraida de Torres Burgos, Jean McEwan, Ian Pepper, Michelle Mendonca, Ed Webb-Ingall, Vic Conway, Laura Simmons, Lindsay Starbuck, Natalie Bradbury.

A5 sized zine
36 pages (27 posters)
Black and white illustrations throughout.
Printed on recycled 100gsm paper. Covers printed on 170gsm card.

More information about the zine (and a list of distributors) can be found at: http://remember-who-u-are.blogspot.com

After only a measley 3 and 1/2 years wait since the last one (!!) Issue #6 of Colouring Outside The Lines zine is out...

Colouring Outside The Lines is a zine full of conversations with contemporary female artists.

This issue features interviews with:
Lauren Denitzio (USA),
Fly (USA),
Megan Kelso (USA),
Chandler O'Leary and Jessica Spring (USA),
Allyson Mitchell (Canada),
Caroline Paquita (USA),
Summer Pierre (USA),
Lindsay Starbuck (UK), and
Anke Weckmann (UK).

Cover artwork by: Amy Ng.

Each copy of Colouring Outside The Lines #6 comes with a limited edition bookmark designed and letterpress printed by Jessica Spring at Springtide Press (USA)

From the introduction:
I started this zine project back in 2005 as a way to communicate with contemporary female artists whose work I was excited by and wanted to celebrate, and also to provide a way to illuminate various corners of current female artistic and creative activity. Activity that’s not exactly in the mainstream. I’m continuing it here, in 2012, as there’s still a great deal to be said, and women to interview.
I’m interested in communicating with people, less to interview them about how or what they make, but more to ask big questions about the ‘Whys’ of their creativity, and the ‘What Fors’? This is hugely linked to individual’s lives, experiences, and politics. That to me is the interesting bit. And as such, the questions in this zine, and the conversations that have grown around them, are more about individual’s processes than of their actual production. This has led to this issue probing areas such as: confidence, accessing creativity, ‘community’, representation, art-as-activism, spreading and passing on 'good vibes', encouragement, getting stuff done, accessibility of art, working together, working outside of convention, feeling 'good enough', juggling life to make room for creativity, motivation, artistic potentials, and beyond.

A5 size zine
Date: 2012
72 pages.
Black and white pages, with colour spreads featuring art from the interviewees.
Printed on 100gsm recycled paper, with cardstock covers.

For more information about the zine (and list of distributors) see: http://cotlzine.blogspot.co.uk/

Brainscan Zine #30!

Growing (literally and figuratively) taking on adventurous tasks year by year from travel to zine tours to event organizing, teaching (or not teaching), and opening and transitioning Portland Button Works zine distro and button shop in Portland, Oregon.

40 pages, 1/4 sized, 5 color Risograph printed on recycled paper

available in my Etsy shop and Portland Button Works distro and brick and mortar shop in Portland, Oregon

Or stick $4 US ($5 rest of the world) postage paid and send it to:

Alex Wrekk

c/o Portland Button Works

1322 North Killingsworth

Portland, Oregon 97217 USA

Or PayPal $4 to brainscanzineATgmailDOTcom

I have a couple of new zines I'm super excited about!

---

Asexual Bisexual Cissexual: A Sexual Identity Glossary

This zine is a glossary of words used to describe sexual identity. Topics covered include: sex, gender, identity, gender identity, sexual orientation, discrimination and privilege, relationships, monogamy, non-monogamy, partners, marriage, asexuality, kink, and BDSM. Lots of helpful diagrams are included!

Visit the Etsy liting for some sample pages!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/119061009/asexual-bisexual-cissexual-a...

---

Living Cooperatively in Intentional Community

A zine about living cooperatively, intentional community, housing coops, and communal living. However you want to say it, it's a zine about sharing a home with other people. Part general overview, part how-to, part personal experience.

Sections Include:
An Introduction to Intentional Community
Why I Live In Community
Other Economies and Intentional Community
Some Notes On Living Together
Starting Communities
Joining Communities
Visiting Communities
A Note About Language
General Resources List
Finding Local Resources

https://www.etsy.com/listing/119060555/living-cooperatively-in-inte...

just uploaded issue 1 of "La Lucha!" to Rapidshare for your pdf viewing pleasure.

La Lucha!

Hey, everyone!  Issue #3 of KZine is out now!  I've got a deal going on now where you can get all three issues of my zine for $10, including shipping!  I have just a few copies left, so let me know!

Here's a link to preview Issue #3:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/118377302/KZine-Volume-1-Issue-3-The-Oran...

Happy Saturday!

Kris

I've recently finished an illustrated (comic) version of the feminist skit "I Am What I Am", written in 1970 by Lorna Cherot.  It is a dramatic sketch about a black woman trying to participate in a white feminist gathering, and the racism that ensues.  I'm asking a $1 donation for a copy, since I didn't write the skit.  You can order one from: Heather Wreckage/3913 Boyle Ct./Sacramento, CA 95817

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service