We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 13742

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Issue three is the newest issue of Cadillac Girl zine. It is about how my life has changed in the past six years since the last time I published Cadillac Girl; being a mother, a wife, and finding myself again. My zine includes writing and artwork from outside contributors/fans/readers. I should be hitting the copier up on Thursday so I can get some copies out. I also submitted it to a few distros, so hopefully it will get picked up. Check out the website http://cadillacgirlzine.webs.com

This latest zine is a nice improvement over the previous three issues I have done.  I've taken the lessons I learned over the years, and have added pages, printed it on quality paper, and it is now in full color.  Each one is printed with care, by me, in my studio.

The quick details:
-22 pages, quarter sized, full-color, staple-bound, art zine (mostly drawings, some text)

The issue:
This issue focuses on my sketchbooks.  It includes drawings, paintings, quotes, and thoughts that I have collected in many sketchbooks over many years. Instead of being about my finished artwork, this zine is about the body of work that quietly supports my final posters and cartoons.

Right here on Etsy.

(or see the postal option in the photo)

Just a Bit Radical -- Issue One

Just a Bit Radical is an LGBTQ* magazine by the people, for the people. It touches on topics such as bullying prevention, LGBT youth initiatives, and more.

The first issue is available for sale, and there’s so much awesome stuff in it…Interviews from Project: OUTThe L ProjectA Note to My Kid,VoltaireArt of TranslinessPink Triangle TheatreJeremiah’s Hope for Kindness…the list goes on. Check it out and grab a copy! Thank you to EVERYONE that helped with this. We wouldn’t be here without you!

Buy it at: Magcloud!

I just finished this for the 24 hour zine thing. Feel free to contact me for trade. 24 pages of hand written, lightly illustrated perzine. Train of conscious thoughts on zines, getting older without getting old, feminism, hand lettering, and what I am currently listening to as an exercise playlist.

i created 22 zines between the ages of 17 and 19. That last one was put out 16 years ago. I'm back to making zines now and am totally loving getting back into the swing of it. This is the first one I've created since all those years ago. It's a coloring zine that I drew and journaled about my road trip to Florida to drop my daughter off at camp. My zine series is called "Welcome to my Life" and it will chronicle the every day aspects of living as a wife, mother, artist, and full time college student with 2 crazy kids, a crazy husband, 3 crazy dogs and 2 crazy cats. 

My first zine is available here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/103716360/zine-east-coast-road-trip-nar...

I realized my daughter took my colored pencils with her to camp for 6 weeks and I'm so excited that I got new pencils today so I can color in my own zine. 

Zine: East Coast Road Trip Narrative & Coloring Zine - Welcome to my Life Series Issue 1

Zine: East Coast Road Trip Narrative & Coloring Zine - Welcome to my Life Series Issue 1

canberra AUSTRALIA zinestArs: nat ('pony for now - the canberra chronicles') & chiara ('rhetorical') are wanting to share the zine love and are inviting you - YES YOU - to the initial monthly/bimonthly canberra zinestAr meetup at
Smiths Alternative Bookshop, 76 Alinga Street Canberra ACT 2601. SATURDAY 21st JULY. 12:30PM

a monthly/bimonthly coffee catch up to discuss recent zine
makes/purchases/ ideas... let's talk fanzines, politics, music, grrlll riot, art, comics, perzines, social theory... zine topics are endless.....

an open event to anyone - zinemaker or not - there is more to technology than blogs, logs and microbits..... come along and get crazy with the gluestick!

we've a fb page - so spread the zine love:

http://www.facebook.com/events/334161409999774/

Finally, Here. In My Head #10: The University Years, is out now!

£1.20 UK / $2.00 International

It’s 40 pages, half-sized, with a thick paper cover tied together with a pretty ribbon (the ribbons are all different colours; if you have a preference, let me know and I’ll send you one in that colour)!

Inside, I write about living away from home, academia, making friends, the Student’s Union, and graduation.  It’s mostly a collection of stories about my experiences, but there’s also some practical advice for students and would-be students, and lots of lists.  

Info on how to buy or trade a copy can be found at http://blatantblithe.wordpress.com/2012/07/07/here-in-my-head-10-no....

The Fury #20 is out.

Half-sized. 40 pages of Thoughts and Stories.

Cost $1

Throw a dollar in an envelope to:

Mark Novotny

5413 6th ave

Countryside, IL

TheFuryZine@hotmail.com

Vegan Spa Day: recipes that are for the body without harming the planets and animals!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/105026169/vegan-spa-day-diy-beauty-zine

Issue two of Mazucca City is finished.  It features a tour of my city's alleys, true stories on the alley theme and part of on my on-going feature, Apartment Life - Remembering Past Lives Through Accomidations.  $3 

The Cenacle | #81 | June 2012
Download link: http://www.scriptorpress.com/cenacle/81.html
[Size = 4.5 MB]

Hello everyone,

A little late but here is the new issue of The Cenacle. The challenge with June (and December) issues it to create a good new issue in less than two months’ time. Since I write several pieces for each issue, that means I need to push hard to write as well as to edit the issue. Fortunately, my pieces are among a much larger number to flesh out the number.

The contents of this new issue include:
•    Poetry by Tom Sheehan, Martina Newberry, Judih Haggai, Raymond Soulard, Jr., Nathan D. Horowitz, & newcomer Joe Coleman
•    New fixtion by Raymond Soulard, Jr.
•    Classic fiction by Philip K. Dick
•    “5 Fascinating New Uses For Psychedelics” by Sarah Seltzer
•    From Soulard’s Notebooks commentary
•    Notes from New England by Raymond Soulard Jr.
•    Secret Joy Amongst These Times: A History of Scriptor Press by Raymond Soulard Jr.
•    “Travel to Belize” journal by Charlie Beyer
•    Photography by Kassandra & Raymond Soulard, Jr.
•    Photography by Jeremy Kilar
•    Artwork by newcomer Baylen Greever

It is especially gratifying to be able to welcome both newcomers & frequent contributors to this issue. Any creative project needs both to keep consistently lively & interesting. Kassi & I had a lot of fun getting this issue done; we hope you enjoy it!

Email comments to this mailing list by simply hitting “reply” to this email—or reply to me directly & off-list at editor@scriptorpress.com

Peace,
Raymond

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service