We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 11993

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.etsy.com/listing/67931461/ohnotherobot-zine-the-first-fi...

OHNO!THEROBOT - The First Five Years. I've always wanted to have a collection of my past work, especially since it actually reads well as a novella. I made a whopping 44 copies! Hooray!

New mini CAT ZINE! Colour Cover plus Black and White Text and Illustration of Cats I have known.

16 pages 10 X 15cms

Comes with 8 Cat Kinder Collage Photo-cards 10 X 15cms

Get it Here

Pieces #5: On Change
Perzine 1/4 size : 48 pages

Includes stories of change in one form of another, ranging from my transitioning from freelancing to W2 employment, accepting sexual masochism, situational vegetarianism & food responsibility, my sister's November hospital visit, plans to move to Chicago, New Year's Eve 2010, and some very short, reflective fiction.

Purchase for $3 or set up a trade!

To all zinesters and art appreciators in the Atlanta area: Art show this Friday, February 18th @7pm in Mint Gallery. It's my album/zine release party: art, music, booze & snacks, weee!

I might be wrong, Issue 1. A wee little 4" x5 1/2" arty zine involving only the merest amount of white-collar theft. And not from my employer, no sir.

Limited edition of 60 copies; each one contains a unique, numbered silkscreened collage print. Yep, get em here online while they're hot. OK, they're not hot. They were pretty darn warm fresh out of the copier tho.

Issue 1 is based on a sketchbook themed "It must be..." which was created for the Arthouse Co-op's Sketchbook Project 2011, opening tonight in Brooklyn! (I would link but they are having some server problems...do Google it, tis a worthy project.)

Issue two of my colouring/activity zine A-Z: arts & crafts. This one was fun. I like drawing equipment.

You can get if for £2 via Etsy (I've just put up some sets of zinester themed badges, too!)

Issue 17 of Necronomicon the UK horror fanzine is out now on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/NecroNeil

Its basically my diary through watching old crappy horror films, its 40 A5 pages and its packed with writing, all for a £1!

The new issue of the East Village Inky. Perfect for the traveling gnome lover in your life. Now available on etsy or, in a more roundabout way, my website. Wahoo!

zine #2 for my 2011 output is done; it's a one-shot called wild tigers i used to know.

nostalgia has long been claimed as my favorite wasting disease; it's been a catalyst for many of the zines i tend to write. wild tigers i used to know is just another one of those zines, a one-shot of yet more stories about people from my past - and not rose-colored warm-fuzzy feel-good stories, either. the three tales in this zine are all gritty and tangled and difficult, so there's a trigger warningfor mentions of things like suicidal ideation, drug & alcohol use/abuse, and breakdowns of both the mental and relationship sort. two of the three stories i've been carrying around for eight years or more, and it's well past time to let them go.

an excerpt: "i barricaded myself in your bathroom to take a series of self-portraits on my cell phone camera. [...] i’m wearing that ridiculous black leather jacket, and i look glassy-eyed and tired and miserable and washed out against the backdrop of seafoam-green tile walls of your bathroom. you’re in some of them, too, smiling and laughing, but only because you’re already high as a fucking kite. i only seem to remember you smiling when you were under the influence of some substance or other."

wild tigers
 ... is 20 quarter letter pages full of text with a white vellum cover and pink ribbon binding.  a copy can be yours for a mere $1.50 stateside or $2.50 elsewhere in the world. i'm also up for trades, and distro consideration copies are available on request.

ordering info is as follows:
paypal to vespiaries at gmail dot com; well-concealed cash can be mailed to Rae Logios//p.o. box 8023//omaha, ne 68108-0023//usa.

ps - this zine and two others i have currently in print are available at etsy, too.

The second issue of my new zine Printaissance: A Renaissance of Print is ready to ship! It is a per/lit zine mixing personal anecdotes, original poetry, and some ranty socio-political commentary and myth busting to bring this new issue to life. It is titled 56 Herbs and is focused on that favorite gateway drug of choice for millions of people across the globe, Marijuana!

Issue 2 (28 half page pages /$3 or trade)

Centrefold sneak peak:

I finally have a new issue out after six long years and I just got my first review, which should tell you something about the zine's content. More free content on my web site at http://www.negcap.com. Here's the review, "A perzine by Jøsh Saitz that looks like a magazine; full size, slick cover, with professional quality graphics and layout. His prose is pristine, measured and precise. He writes very well when speaking in his own voice. His strong suit, aside from his design and publishing skills, is his clarity and honesty. Any idiot can rant, but those who can rant well are rare. Jøsh presents himself as a contemptuous asshole, but what I see is someone who is intelligent, articulate, opinionated, outspoken, self-absorbed, painfully honest, has a sick, irreverent sense of humor, and who does not suffer fools gracefully. I can't help but admire the guy, and you get a ridiculous amount of zine for your buck.” - Syndicated Zine Reviews"

68 full-size, ad-free pages with cardstock covers and a 16-page color supplement in the center, all offset printed. It looks like a nice glossy magazine, only with pictures of wieners and a lot of swear words. Send $5 cash, MO or very good trade to Josh Saitz, P.O. Box 12, New York, NY 10021.
Attachments:

Drunkenwerewolf Issue 16 out now!

Following our successful design relaunch at the beginning of the year, Issue 16's front cover sports an amazing illustration of Jeffrey Lewis by Anneke Koster. Anneke's contributed to, helped with and encouraged DrunkenWerewolf from the very beginning; it's about time we gave her a big round of applause for her efforts! HERE, HERE.

In terms of content, we caught up with the anti-folk icon preceding his recent Bristol gig with Peter Stampfel. In a brief but enthralling interview Lewis talks about performing with his idol and digitalising his comic books. Elsewhere we chat to Birmingham favourites Johnny Foreigner, folk darlings Jonny Kearney and Lucy Farrell and the extremely talented Rose Dagul of Rhosyn. Representing noise makers everywhere, we have an overdue talk with The Hysterical Injury, and True Womanhood explain exactly how they've recorded a song in a sewer. Finally Elton Townend-Jones continues his journey into the depths of his DVD collection, and Matt Finney discusses the importance of Raymond Carver. As though we needed telling!

If you live in Britain, all of the above can be yours for a measly £2. Don't worry if you live abroad - we'll send it to you for £3. Click here - http://drunkenwerewolf.livejournal.com/173911.html - to get a copy!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service