We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 12933

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Basalt: A Love Story

A personal zine about living apart from the person you love--and geology. Color photo insert of places in the Columbia River Gorge.

$1 and a stamp or trade.
MIshap
PO Box 5841
Eugene OR 97405
usa

Thanks,
Ryan
Hello! I just finished my first 2-Pack of Mini-Comics! I'm super pumped! I'm selling them on my Etsy site:

www.etsy.com/shop/desmondreed

Only $2.00 + 50 cents shipping! Features the titles "Aloha" and "The Island". 14 Pages each (including covers). Made by folding, cutting and stapling together two sheets of paper. Check them out!

S T O R I E S:

ALOHA: After a worm gets his germs on a friend's lunch, everyone learns a valuable lesson about revenge.

THE ISLAND: When resources run low on a secluded island, a desperate dog turns against his hamburger buddy.

NECRONOMICON #15

A manic depressive Yorkshire mans diary through watching nostalgic horror films. Obsessional, geeky, personal and humourous.

Paypal honestrabbit@hotmail.com
UK £1.50 (inc postage)
Europe £1.80
Worldwide £2.00

Happy to trade, especially in UK.

Features rantings and ravings about Nekromantik, Vampires Assistant, Hardware, Brainscan, Machine Girl, tons more...

Striking Distance is a punk rock fanzine that contains four new stories plus, as always, excerpts of letters from your favourite anonymous zinesters and other urban neurotic punks. This little zine is $2PPD / trade / a buck in person. I will be tabling at the 10th Annual Portland Zine in Portland, Oregon (Aug 28-29) and at Canzine in Toronto on Oct 24th.

I won’t be submitting consideration copies to distros but if any are interested feel free to get in touch! They are $1 per zine wholesale or 20 for $10!

Here’s a review of my last zine from Razorcake:

KISSOFF #13
By Sean Stewart
Tuesday, March 24 @ 00:00:00 CDT

Comparatively speaking, I’ve read far fewer Canadian zines than American ones, and yet the Canadian ones I’ve read have all been good (I’m thinking in particular of Ghost Pine and I’m Johnny and I Don’t Give a Fuck). And it’s not only that they’ve been good, but also that they’ve been good in a similar way. There’s a timeless quality to the writing. They also all seem to hold to a higher literary standard than many of their American counterparts; the storytelling is well-crafted and the text has obviously been proofread (they often even thank their proofreaders in the intro!). In my opinion, this sort of dedication is sorely lacking in general in the zine world, but, then again, I may just be permanently cranky after seeing one too many crappy zines. But to get back to Kissoff, these are personal tales (a few set in Canada and a couple in South Africa) of travel, friendship, romantic relationships, and punk rock. Nothing extraordinary topic-wise, but told in a way that extracts the universal themes likely to appeal to the widest audience. Definitely recommended. –Sean Stewart

Chris Kiss: 2-1729 Dufferin Street, Toronto ON, M6E 3N9, Canada

Hello! Above you'll see bird shit issue 1 and I'm about ready to print issue two! Very exciting indeed. To order a copy or make a donation to aid in printing, go to http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/318902089/bird-shit-second-run-...

By doing this, if you donate two dollars, you'll get mentioned in the special thanks, and anything four dollars or more, you get copies sent to you with no additional shipping or postage charges.
List #14 is finished and at the printer! I'll have it back within a week, ready to mail out.

If you'd like to "pre-order" (give me a headstart on addressing envelopes and help me feel like i'm making back some of the printing costs upfront) you can do that now!

I'll ship out "pre-orders" the first week of September after I return from the Portland Zine Symposium. I'm looking for more distros to work with as well, as I won't be distro'ing with Microcosm this time around. Any distro recommendations are greatly appreciated! It'll also be available at the Portland Zine Symposium!

List #14 is 56 pages, all drawn by me (no submissions section this time). Grey, cardstock cover. This issue is about routine, the mundane, trying to figure out where I want to be and what I want to be doing, and dealing with feeling slightly uninspired. Some list samples are: getting older every day, the best things i've done in chicago so far, making friends is hard, things i need to get better at, in defense of fitness, and what i'm looking for in a place to live (with an attached postcard asking you to send me information about the city you live in and why i should move there.)

Sample Pages:

If you'd like to order List #14, you can send $4 via paypal to everydaypants@gmail.com. or you can e-mail the same address to find out where to send cash. Thanks so much for looking!

All Things Ordinary #2
Since All Things Ordinary #1 was all about the last month I spent in Buffalo, NY, issue #2 is a collection of some things that I experienced in the first few months living in Portland, OR. Everything from donating plasma, getting a job at a food cart, and the fun times I had at the 2009 Portland Zine Symposium.

32 pages- black and white photocopied with 100% recycled paper, with green cardstock cover. quarter sized (5.5" x 4.25")

Cover was drawn by Ramsey Beyer: http://www.everydaypants.com

ATO #2 is $3.00 ppd via paypal to derekneuland@gmail.com

I also love trading zines, but when sending me a zine for trade make sure to note that. Also, a letter would be nice too! Send zine trades or $3.00 well hidden cash/money order to:
Derek Neuland
6435 B NE Going St.
Portland, OR 97218

You can also buy my zines on my Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/readwritecreate
Issue #20 of Miranda: motherhood and other adventures, is just out.

Within you'll find:

A Little Stranger – A tale of medical drama. But not the kind you’d expect after hearing the word “tumor.”

Sweet Chebakia – Sure, Ramadan’s tough, what with all that dawn-to-dusk fasting. But Moroccans have this delectable treat to anticipate – and I’m still yearning for it.

What is Cool? – Good question, son. Mama circumvents her unhip past in an attempt to impart the mysteries of style to a ten-year-old (For him, at least, it won’t be velour.)

At the Tracks –Travel back in time to a shocking era when suburban parents allowed their kids to play unsupervised…at the railroad tracks!

Under the Knife – In which years of reading medical memoirs and watching doctor shows on TV turn out to be less than adequate preparation for real, live surgery.

Plus, another batch of book recommendations; a simple recipe for strawberry cake; the Motel of Lost Companions revisits a candlelit Moroccan night; and Mama’s Stray Thoughts, including the ultimate fate of Lego men, the triumph of getting small boys hooked on A Little Princess, and why middle school girls wear those tight jeans.

$2/issue
ordering information at http://www.katehaas.com/category/miranda/

Sometimes I'm Dreaming #3, 1/4 size, 38 pages.

In this issue I talk about my studies, wishing I had done more reading for pleasure in my teenage years, my love of plants & flowers and my thoughts about dreams (including descriptions of some common scenarios that appear in my dreams and my speculations about their underlying meanings). I also reflect on my summer and look forward to the approaching autumn.

The price is £1, although I would also be very happy to trade. If you are interested, please leave me a message on here or email me at sometimesimdreaming@hotmail.co.uk.
Welcome to Flavor Country Issue #21 out now!
http://www.facebook.com/welcometoflavorcountry

Issue 21 - Out now:
A compilation of odds and ends. Thoughts on patriotism, my salvation experience, and dating; and a series of conversations. Cera Smith cover art.

Still fresh:
Issue number 20 - Random thoughts about marriage, critical thinking, tattoos, the end of the world, my neighbors, etc. Sally Harless cover art.
Issue number 19 - Two short stories by Amy Adoyzie, a reflection on the Persian Gulf War, and interviews with people from the Christian college I attended who have now given up their faith.

Send a dollar or two (or some stamps) to:
Kurt Morris
14 Woodlawn St. #2
Boston, MA 02125

welcometoflavorcountry@gmail.com

Pieces #4: on lucid dreaming is now available.

This issue is a little different from past issues in that it is not a 100% perzine. The first half is mostly information on lucid dreaming and techniques I use, with a few stories on how I'm lucid dreaming to conquer anxiety, what I get out of dreaming, my thoughts on out of body experiences, along with other personal tidbits.

The second half is a dream journal I've been keeping to record and analyze my lucid dreaming experiences in an effort to learn more about myself and two internal archetypes.

This is a 1/4 size, 56 page zine.

Available for $2. I am open to trades.

Not a “reality” show, but the stories of real-life survivors in prose, poetry, artwork and photography.

Featuring contributions from:
Emily Henochowicz
Victoria Law
Andria Alefhi
Jaimie Hashey
Deirdre Sinnott
Noemi Martinez
Walaa Quisay
Alison Roh Park
redguard
and many more!

Warning: This zine contains potentially triggering pieces about domestic and social violence, childhood and adult sexual abuse, depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress, eating disorders, substance abuse, and dealing with abuse perpetrators.

To order:
$3 plus $1 shipping
http://www.etsy.com/listing/51429734/absent-cause-4-survival
redguard@gmail.com

By mail: Absent Cause
PO Box 1568
New York, NY 10276

Trades welcome!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service