We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 12936

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

$4 by mail, $5 by Etsy...http://www.etsy.com/shop/RipItOut. Email me for snail mail address: imustbedelirious@yahoo.com. 25 cents from every zine sold goes to Ronnie James Dio's Stand Up And Shout cancer fund.
IMG_0164.JPG

Here's the zine I made for my second year of the 24hr zine challenge (I did it early, because I'm going to be insanely busy in July). You have to make 24 pages in 24 hours, with no pre-planning allowed. It's about the best gigs I've ever been to, my best bargains at charity estate sales and crosswords. 24 pages.

24 pages, 1/6th size $0.75 plus postage
(outside the UK postage is $3 for as many zines as you like- it's essentially a flat rate for me to send them)

Check out my etsy for all my zines.

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I've finished my first zine. It's called Peach, Plum, Pear and it's a perzine dealing with mental health issues including suicide and self-harm.
It's black and white, half-size, 26 pages and zigzag stitched together with my lovely Bernina sewing machine. There are a few photos of it on my page.
They're £1.50 each or for trade :)

Hello, I have just finished the first issue of my first zine. Sometimes I'm Dreaming #1 is a 1/4 size, b&w 38 page perzine featuring pieces on seeking refuge in my imagination, the pros and cons of living in London, my love of penpalling (and the good and bad experiences I have had with it over the years) and the consequences of being overly impulsive.

The price is £1, or alternatively I may be interested in trading. If you would like a copy please send me a message or email me at sometimesimdreaming@hotmail.co.uk. <3
Photobucket

Tattooed Memoirs #7
$1/ 24 pages/Quarter size
by Sage

My intro describes the ridiculous self-censorship that I put myself through while writing this issue. Thankfully, I was able to work through it. Issue 7 of Tattooed Memoirs is about my deep love for tattoos and working in the tattoo industry, but the bitterness I feel now. It’s a peek into my life while working in the tattoo shop for 13 years & then deciding to take a much needed break. I describe the transition I made from tattooing to working with an adult home party company as a consultant which has been incredibly fun & empowering.

You can order this issue at my distro, Sweet Candy!

OR Send Pay Pal payment to sweetcandydistro AT gmail DOT com

$1.50 within the US - $2.00 outside US

OR

Send $1 + a stamp to:
Sage A.
PO BOX 1833
Dallas, GA 30132

Sometimes I'm Dreaming #2: 1/4 size, b&w, 30 pages.

Issue two is rather creativity-themed, with pieces about different perceptions of art, why keeping diaries and journals is so important to me (along with some of my embarrassing teenage diary excerpts), influences on my musical taste from childhood to the present day and a few other things.

The price is £1, although I would be happy to trade if you prefer.

If you would like a copy, please send me a message here or email me at sometimesimdreaming@hotmail.co.uk.
Candy or Medicine Volume Ten is out now. Sixteen pages, black and white, quarter-sized, printed on premium paper. For just $1 (plus 50 cents shipping). Also available on the Candy or Medicine Etsy page.

Featuring “Homesick” by newcomer Tori Holder, “O Cicla Da Vida,” a beautifully illustrated tale of youth gone by from Brazilian artist Alberto Pessoa, “City Kids,” an autobiographical comic describing a six-year-old city kid’s discovery of horse poop by Katie Omberg, another “lunarcy” strip about our lonely lunar neighbor by Josh Blair, “The Seeker” by underground artist Carl Alessi and a wraparound “Apothecary” cover by Donal DeLay.

Contents (digest, 24 pgs, text heavy)
1. The Importance of Integrative Care
2. Basic Digestive Health
3. Easy Herbs
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
5. 5 Steps to a Happier Healthier Pet
6. Our Cancer Treatment
7. Herbal Cancer Care

$2 plus $1 shipping. Back issues available, details here:
http://margaratnee.com/zines/rp.html
Orders may be slightly delayed over summer as I'm traveling a bit, but they will be available at Portland Zine Symposium at the Grrrl Zines A-Go-Go table. ---Margarat
Hey All,

I’m massively pleased to say that the first Limited Edition Issue of Kerouac’s Dog Magazine® ‘Freedom’ is now on sale at our Store www.kerouacsdogmag.com Pre-order now with your 30% discount for WeMakeZine members, and friends, and have it delivered straight to your door in September. Just enter KD196901F at the checkout and your discount will be applied to your order. Please note your discount code can not be used on the Subscription Price. Thanks to everyone who's contributed, supported and helped along the way in some form or other. :) -
KEROUAC'S DOG MAGAZINE.
www.kerouacsdogmag.com

Third issue of Concisely, a magazine of stories under 500 words.

5.5 by 8.5 inches. 24 pages. 8 stories. $3.

Samples, ordering, and submission guidelines at ConciselyMagazine.com.
If this zine had a subtitle, it would probably be "Growing Older, Getting Tougher." Because that's pretty much what it's about.

All I Want Is Everything #1 is my first zine in six years, and my first zine since I turned my whole life upside down. (It was Saturn Return, I was 27 - I hear it happens.) In it you'll find essays about the following:

- Surviving domestic violence
- A letter to La Roux's Elly Jackson, in which I call her out for victim-blaming
- The intersections between Joan Didion's Play It As It Lays and my life
- Thoughts on nostalgia for 1990s girl culture and riot grrrl
- My passion for running, including my experience running a marathon for the first time
- Meeting one of my feminist heroes and being a total knob about it
- Thoughts on the sexualization of female weakness

All mixed in with a healthy dose of feminism, snark and fifty-cent SAT words.

All I Want Is Everything #1 is 56 half-size pages. If you want a copy, send me $3 via Paypal at saltonmyskin at gmail dot com, or you can email me at that address.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service