We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 12520

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Issue one of TAPEWÜRM is available now. There are lots of tape reviews, an article about Record Shop Base in Tokyo, a write up on Hashcrimes records, a few photos, and the start of the definitive list of places to dig for tapes.
the color version is $8 postage paid.
The BW version is $4 postage paid.
If you are interested, email me at xdistortxjapanx@gmail.com.

Issue three of A Visitor in Myself is available for trade. It’s a 32-page, quarter-size perzine about mental health, friendships, and beginning to live despite being in my 30s.

I like trading for other zines, letters, and ephemera. Say hello and let’s set something up!

Reach out to: nichole[at]illvision[dot]net

Hi,

Hope all is as well as can be. Do you do trades?
Ryan Mishap

Danielle Patrick said:

I've never really publicized my zines, just have quietly attended Canzine West, which usually amounts to a hill of beans but is still rather fun as long as you have a flask tucked in your pocket.

I have a few things on various distros like Sweet Candy and Antiquated Futures, but now ...da na na!...here is an Etsy store:

"House Finch Zines"

A bunch of solidly-written, lengthy, funny/smart good ol' fashioned zines. Perfect for long bus rides or sunny park benches. Thanks, I love you all!

The latest, OPTOGRAM, is a hundred damn pages for three (3!) dollars.

Who knows what the caged bird thinks...?

Life and death, love and loss...we have all been there.

Hello!! I'm really sucky with introductions but my name is Logan and I am sixteen years old and run a zine in Delaware. THE COLLAR TONES is a quarterly zine about art, culture, and writing! Spring 2014 / Issue #5 includes an interview with drag queen OKStupid (Jake Thompson) and a piece on how to throw a good party by club kid Nicky Ottav. This issue also marks the year anniversary of when I started this zine. It is 30 pages in black and white with color accents. You can view it online here. I am currently working on the next issue for summer but I hope you enjoy this! If you have any comments/critiques/suggestions or if you want to subscribe for one year (4 print issues) for $5, let me know!! Email me: thecollartoneszine@gmail.com

OH AND ALSO I have a small haiku zine cleverly titled "Haikus of an Angsty Gay" that I am selling for $2. It is a 4x6 inch zine with 56 pages created in a punk fashion. This zine differs very much from my main zine. If you're interested, please let me know!

Shelf Life issue 1 - "The East Village Triangle"

Debut issue! A chronicle of me and my girlfriend's adventures in used book hunting. Issue 1 covers NYC's East Village. Part store review, part book review, part perzine, part travel guide. Includes original photographs and illustrations.

Over the past few years, the two of us (Annie and Tim) have become obsessed with digging through shelves, stacks, boxes, carts, and racks in search of great used book finds. We even plan our vacations around visiting every bookstore we can manage within a given area. So we decided to write Shelf Life as a way of sharing the stories of our adventures in used book hunting. We write about the stores themselves, as well as about the books we found there, and our experiences passing through the various cities we've been to. This first issue focuses on our home turf and on some of our most beloved and frequented shops. Future issues will center around different cities or regions we've visited.

Stores visited in this issue:
- Strand Book Store
- Alabaster Bookshop
- East Village Books

Plus, "Have You Read _____?" - a dispatch from the Strand carts.

Half-sized
36 pages
Black and white
Cardstock cover (in "Strand bag yellow!")
Saddle-stitched (stapled)

$4.00 in our Etsy shop

Serial Killers Unite! #16 . The plague spreads, featuring NY Demon Killer, Tourniquet Killer and frank Spisak. 32 pages of dark obsession for SKU Cultists + free goodies
www.etsy.com/shop/serialkillersunite
Attachments:

So many good zines on this topic lately!

I just put out two new issues (in French this time)

I LOVE/HATE IT HERE #3 | 52 pages A5 en Français | Prix libre

Récits de voyages, au travers de chroniques de concerts, sur la côte Ouest Nord-Américaine (Canada et Etats-Unis) sur une période de 13 mois.

Groupes chroniqués : ADJUSTMENT TO SOCIETY | ADVENTURES | ANIMAL BOY | B-LINES | BALANCE & COMPOSURE | BAPTISTS | BELGRADO | BELLICOSE MINDS | BIG EYES | BIRDBRAIN | CARPENTER | CARTEL | CHEAP GIRLS | CHELSEA WOLFE | CHUCK RAGAN | CIRCLES | CLARITY | CLOSET CASE | COKE BUST | COLD SLEEP | COLUMN | CONDITION | CONSEQUENCE CREW | CRIMINAL CODE | CRUEL HAND | DAVE HAUSE | DEFECT DEFECT | DESPITE EVERYTHING | DEVOTION | DISCOURSE | DOWNPRESSER | EXPIRE | FLAGPOLERS | FORCED LAUGH | FOUNDATION | FUN. | GOLD & YOUTH | GRAVE MAKER | GREG BENNICK | GROWING STRONGER | GSTS | GUN OUTFIT | HARNESS | HOAX | JELLY BOYS | KEEP IT CLEAR | KEEP TIDY | KOSZMAR | LIFE FORM | LIVING WITH LIONS | LOSING SKIN | MANIPULATION | MEDIA BLITZ | MERCHANDISE | MILK MUSIC | MINDSET | MOUSE EAR | MURMURS | NARROW VIEW | NARROWS | NEEDLES | NEON PISS | NEW FOUND GLORY | NO STATIK | NÜ SENSAE | NUDE BEACH | NUDES | OBACHA | OPEN LETTERS | OUT OF SIGHT | PRAISE | PURE GRAFT | QUICKSAND | RAEIN | RHYTHM OF CRUELTY | ROCKY VOTOLATO | SABERTOOTH | SAME DIFFERENCE | SCHOOL JERKS | SCREATURE | SIGHT LINES | SIREN SONGS | SLINGSHOT DAKOTA | SNOB| SPARKMARKER | SPECTRES | SYSTEMATIK | TAKE OFFENSE | TERRIBLE FEELINGS | TEGAN AND SARA | THE CHAIN | THE LOSS | THE MOWGLIS | THE TRANZMITORS | TIM MCILRATH | TITLE FIGHT | TONGUE TIED | TRUE WIDOW | UNFUN | VACANT STATE | VAPID | WALKOUT | WEAK LINK | WET HAIR | WHITE LUNG | WHITE WARDS | WRITE OFF | YOUNG TURKS

I LOVE/HATE IT HERE #2.5 | 56 pages A6 en Français | Prix libre

Quelques textes qui trainaient sur un disque dur. 

Récits de voyages au travers de chroniques de concerts entre Lyon, Londres, Paris, Philadelphie, Boston, New-York, et Barcelone.

Groupes chroniqués : 12XU | ABOLITION | BANE | BASEMENT | BETRAYED | BITTER END | CANADIAN RIFLE | CAVES | CEREMONY | COKE BUST | COLD WORLD | CREEPOID | CYCLE TO | DAMNATION AD | DAYLIGHT | DISEMBODIED | EVERY SECOND WEEK | FOREIGN OBJECTS | H2O | HATEWAVES | HOSTAGE CALM | KIDS AGAINST CROSSES | MOUTHPIECE | MOTHER OF MERCY | NAILS | OFFSHORE RADIO | PRAISE | PULLING TEETH | RESSURECTION | RITUAL | ROT IN HELL | RINGWORM | RVIVR | SHAVED CHRIST | SHORES | SPORT | STRIFE | THE RIVAL MOB | THOUSANDAIRES | TITLE FIGHT | TOKEN ENTRY | UNBROKEN | UNLOGISTIC | WRONG ANSWER | YOUTH OF TODAY | ZOMBIES ARE PISSED!

Contact, commandes, échanges : just.say.yo.zine(at)gmail(dot)com

I just finished printing the first copy of the first new zine I've done in over 5 years!Resist Zine #47 is the first one I've done since writing How and Why: A Do-it-yourself Guide. It spans some pretty serious life changes, but it still covers the topics that have been standard in Resist for years. It's still coming from the self-sustainable, DIY mindset that it's always come from. I write about gardening, bike riding and repair, and building musical instruments. I also spend some time on DIY home improvement projects, though in more of a storytelling format than a step by step guide. I cover our first experience butchering a turkey in the same way. 52 nearly half sized pages. It'll run you $4 plus $1 for shipping. 

I lost my old website because I didn't get the bill paid in time, so now you get zines from http://bicyclelaneindustries.weebly.com/zines.html
You can also mail cash to:
Mat Resist 
PO Box 582345
Minneapolis, MN 55458
Or send $5 via Paypal to fixedschwinn@hotmail.com

Limited to 100 hand numbered copies

Dear Readers,

The new issue of Musea #192 May/June/July is in your mailbox, at the usual suspected spots or – thanks to Webmaster Matthew – online at

http://www.Musea.us

This issue is: more sayings of Editor Art (see cover photo below)

Here’s a preview:

———————–
Musea Editor Art S Revolutionary, is our resident smart aleck and wiseacre. Here’s his latest sayings, maxims, cuts; slogans,
mantras, cliches; truisms, chestnuts, and bon mots.� As always, the rest of the Musea staff disavows everything.

Thinking caps ajar?

Rigidness never brings vitality

What astronauts are thinking about poverty? What poor are thinking about going to Mars?

Jazz changed America, but rock and roll changed the world!

————————-

Tom Hendricks
(editor of the 22 year old zine Musea)

Share this:

It was an uneventful April, but The Last Word is back with its May ish!

In the latest edition of this long-running fanzine of freedom, you can read about the E.T. video game and other gaming flops. Read about the most idiotic idea for a comic book-inspired YouTube video ever. I'll also keep you up to date on how I defeated a bogus ambulance bill - as well as vandalism plaguing a local neighborhood.

So read The Last Word before it reads you...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/223394257/The-Last-Word-5-2014

38 pages, b&w, photocopied 
The new issue of my zine NOTHING, this one focused mainly on small town DIY punk shows. Also in this issue: winter biking, petty vandalism, how to fix glasses, some moping, and more!

available for $2 plus shipping at the faxed records webstore. also open to trades, send me a message for that.

Time VII: Character Development
Copies through: verdad.cc

Time VII documents November 27th – May 9th using recurring, initialed
characters as a general structure. Strictly non-fiction! Zine
quasi-reviews! Names named (Google will help)!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service