We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 12259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Time IV is out before III. IV documents my time volunteering as a sorter at a zine library in the early 2000s, the reason (a person) why I wrote a zine in 2001 and haven’t written one until this year, etc. 28 pages, 8¼ × 11½”, /13.
E-mail, message, or tumblr for a copy. Thanks! A.

PILTDOWNLAD #8.5 - The Cult of Teddy Ruxpin

“The Cult of Teddy Ruxpin” is the story of how I lost religion, discovered punk and made true friends after moving to a small town in Alabama. It is a story of teenage rebellion, resisting high school conformity and subverting the dominant paradigm. It’s about how a seed was planted in fertile soil, a seed that continues to mature to this day.

40 pages . typewritten text . quarter size

Trade or $2 on etsy

ALSO, I apologize if I've promised anyone a trade and didn't send one. Please let me know! I am horribly unorganized, so I may have missed you in my last mailout. I try to keep track of this stuff, but the ole noggin ain't what it used to be...

Thanks,

Kelly 

photo 2c403282-4f83-417a-a176-a08ad259123d_zps42e51bea.jpg

Just got my first zine printed! It's called Eating Trash and Loving It: A zine on the pleasures of eating cheap and living well. The main chapter focuses on dumpster diving, plus a tips chapter on how to eat well but cheap and a chapter on traveling with tricky diets.

10 double-sided black and white pages (40 pages), 3$ plus 1$-2$ for shipping if not sold in person. Trades are possible too so get in touch!

The October ish of The Last Word was delayed by an Illness Log-justifying plague, but now it's pub at long last! Best all, The Last Word is now FREE! Just like it was for its first 20 years!

F-R-E-E!!! (Cheap!)

The latest ish talks about...

• A downright uproarious trip to Colorado!

• The burpoo and other new additions to the New Language!

• Did the Phantom Pooper enroll at Yale?

• Hilarious Dungeons & Dragons memories!

• The Tea Party makes up its own laws - again!

So if you're in a Last Word mood like you should be, peep, weep, and oggle-beep...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/175386918/The-Last-Word-10-2013

[Crawls out from under the wreckage and waves hello again....]

In an effort to streamline things, I'm cleaning out a lot of my very old zine stock and putting them into grab bags. Each Zing Grab Bag contains 8 random issues culled from my publishing history, 1998-2012.

Each grab bag contains 8 zines, weighs nearly 1 pound, and is full of high-quality reading! I’m cleaning out my archives and need to lighten my load.

The zines in the grab bags have been selected from the following titles. You will receive 8 random zines selected from:

+ LOW HUG 3, 4, ⅚, 7, 8, 9, 10
+ SYNDICATE PRODUCT 11, 14, 17, 18.1, 18.2, 18.3, 18.4, 20, 21
+ TIME ENOUGH AT LAST 2004, 2007
+ LIFE MAINTENANCE SERIES (Laundry Basket, 12 Items, Potluck, Practice Apartment)

The grab bags are $10 and US Shipping is $3. The Etsy listing is here: LH/SP Zine Grab Bag!

So, I've got Shitty Ponytail # 2 ready. I hand drew this one but my printing is neat, don't worry. This issue is about moving to a city, dream pizzas and accountability. I'm up for trades! Otherwise it'll cost you one shiny dollar.

Hey!

I draw monsters who don't know they're monsters.

These two Art Zines are full of my hand-drawn and digitally finished originals: Uncle J's Monsters. I've been drawing Monsters most week days since November 2009 --- I've created over 1000 creatures so far.

The red, textured, card stock covered one has 30+ highlights from 2012, plus a 20+ monster collage in the centerfold. Offset printed, gray scale images on 36 cream-colored pages. The yellow, smooth, card stock covered edition contains 16 guys from January through September 2013. This version offers "color imagination space" Monsters; fill them in yourself, if you'd like. Ink jet printed on 16 bright white pages. Each is staple bound.

Both are available in my Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/unclejsmonsters

Thanks for checking 'em out!

---j

Readers,

The Christmas Issue of Musea #190, titled "Static" is out and about at the usual spots.* Fun cover photo "She had an aunt that had 'powers'"
Dawn and her family are supposed to have a nice quiet Christmas with the family. A radio brings some STATIC and changes everything, and in doing so brings some real depth to the season.

* Look soon for it on the musea website.
OR you can send me your address (if in USA) and I'll mail you a copy.

Tom Hendricks
(editor of the 21 year old zine Musea)

ZINE, Named one of the best ZINES by UTNE magazine. Featured on ROCKETBOOM)
http://www.Musea.us
MUSIC, 7 full CD's of free Post-Bands Music)
http://www.Hunkasaurus.com
BLOG for Musea, Art Contests, Weekly E-mail Messages)
http://www.Musea.wordpress.com

The Last Word is at it again this month - and it's FREE again like it was the olden days!

This ish talks about several fi things...

• How cool people play Dungeons & Dragons.

• The disaster that is Outlook.com.

• A surprising break in the case of the Great Bike Theft of 2001.

• Magna Doodle memories.

• How people cheating in school is nothing compared to Rand Paul's plagiarism scandal.

• And more!

So point your groove thing here....

http://www.scribd.com/doc/182525286/The-Last-Word-11-2013

And remember, The Last Word is FREE!!!

The Cenacle | 86 | October 2013
Download link: http://www.scriptorpress.com/cenacle/86_october_2013.pdf
[Size = 4.9 MB]

Hello everyone,

Pleased to announce in the glowing days of autumn the new issue of The Cenacle has arrived! The making of each number brings KD & me unique pleasures, as they are quarterly & so naturally tied to the seasons. Also, we’ve had a summer to accumulate a pot of new pictures to share, as well as lots of new work by many fine contributors.

The new issue’s contents include:

* Poetry by Raymond Soulard, Jr., Judih Haggai, Martina Newberry, Joe Coleman, Tom Sheehan, Zannemarie Lloyd Taylor, & Christopher Wick
* Prose essays by Charlie Beyer, Nathan Horowitz & Raymond Soulard, Jr.
* New fixtion by Raymond Soulard, Jr.
* Classic fiction by Herman Hesse
* Reprinted essay on psychedelics by David Wilder
* Graphic artwork by Joe Coleman
* Graphic artwork by Kassandra & Raymond Soulard, Jr.

Email comments to editor@scriptorpress.com

Peace,
Raymond

Volume 2, issue 1 of & Octopus zine is now out. More info here: http://windowfog.etsy.com

Small, illustrated and handwritten zine is brewed with thought, whimsy, and nostalgia.

::FEATURED in this issue::
+ Summer Nights Soundtrack
+ Words from My Father
+ Paper Boat Fortunes
+ Kimchi Fried Rice (no-fuss)
+ Characteristics Inherited
+ Plus other topics

Grapefruit Reverie #1 is out now! This is my first perzine in 8 years, featuring stories and doodles by yours truly.

Halfsize, 36 pages, B&W.

Featuring:

-My job change from massage therapy to social work

-Forest defense work in eastern Oregon

-A story about the lives of pet birds

-The end of my most serious relationship

-Snapshots from Seattle

-The wildlife around the lake of my childhood home

Free, but donations happily accepted (re: poverty). E-mail me at grapefruitreverie@gmail.com. Trades are great too! I like perzines, slice-of-life comics, and social/environmental justice writing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service