We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 22702

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you hate someone YOU HATE SOMEONE is a stream-of-consciousness zine lightly tackling the issues surrounding the word "hate" in relationships. first edition of 30. quarter-size. 14-pages. messily handwritten. you have been warned.

$1 + shipping. open to trades!

CONFESSIONS is a black&white quarter-size zine about my insecurities as a woman of colour who immigrated to canada. first edition: 100 copies. 14 pages.

$1 only + shipping, trades ok!

You can get them from Tictail or Etsy!!

If you wanna trade message me or email me at notyourleo@outlook.com

Has anyone used Kickstarter to fund a zine? I'm trying it with my latest project, a piece of noir short fiction. Had to make a video, which took longer than anticipated. Check it out,here.

If you ever do use Kickstarter, one thing I didn't expect: a ton of junk mail marketing offers.

We did for our mag back in 2014, worked very well actually! The best method in our opinion was to ensure friends/family donate on day 1 so there's a huge initial boost and it makes it look more legitimate to strangers! ---> Kickstater

That's pretty much exactly right--I think the behind-the-scenes promotion is key to getting a Kickstarter rolling. So I've been trying to do that, this time around: Sent emails, actual letters to friends explaining what I was doing. Here's hoping it works, I'd like to see this happen:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/859681062/and-ranch-a-literary...

No Greater Good Mag has just launched its second issue - you can snag a copy at www.nogreatergood.com

No Greater Good Season 02: TRASH is a collection of work inspired by a single (shitty) word. Less photos of rotting garbage (although we have that too) and more introspective self-loathing, TRASH is our attempt to make something beautiful out of something ugly. But don’t worry - it's all still pretty ugly.

Featured artists: Monsu Plin (cover), Justin Bettman (Set in the Streets), Francesco Lo Iacono, The Silent Penguin, Anish Tilak, Nicole Lesmeister, Anna Green, Elizabeth Kronk, Tyler Andersen, Lillian Lin, Devin Gharakhanian (Super Architects), Christina Baghdasarian, Gabby Gertel, Shiva Mandell, Jess Jamie, Sean Miller, James Bianchi, David Alvarez

Would you like a mini-zine 2-pack of my short story publication THE WAGON?

Well, today is your lucky day. I'll be sending these out free to anyone who wants them.

This pack includes:

Vol. 1 No. 5: "Dead as Fuck"

Vol. 1 No. 8: "The Borates"

Just message me with your mailing address here or contact me at my website ( mulnix@wagonsofsinpress.com ) and I'll send them your way.

Thanks.

-Mulnix

HiHo, 

the Swingkid Fanzine #5 is out. Punk, HC, Metal, Reggae from all over the world.

80pg., A5-size, full coloured, in english, comes with Cdr and stickers.

Interviews: 

3ar9ala (Morocco)

Arka'n (Togo)

Dispute (Sri Lanka)

JPAR-records (Finland)

Mr. Mada (Mauritania)

PanicKings (Brunei)

SAWA-festival (Croatia)

Skafu (Suriname)

Suburban Man (Kuwait)

xEternidadx (Mexico)

+ articles, columns, pictures, crosswords etc.

Get in touch for trade/buy: kamillentee.waldesruh@web.de or www.facebook.com/theswingkidfanzine

You can download the zine for free here: 

https://www.file-upload.net/download-12366332/Swingkid5-finalversio... 

Have no fear! The April edition of The Last Word is here!

Much of this issue focuses on my trip to Washington, D.C., for a human rights conference in which we presented a legislative agenda to fight institutional abuse of youth.

But there's other interesting items in this ish too. As usual, people Chewed Gum And Thought It Was Funny. One of my readers reports that someone even chewed gum off the carpet! A video about strabismus used the magic word, a child intentionally ripped the arms off their own glasses, people blew bubbles with stuff that isn't gum, and I downvoted cosmetic dentistry and Dr. Phil videos on YouTube.

Read it and peep here...

https://www.scribd.com/document/343632039/The-Last-Word-4-2014

If that doesn't work, read it on my personal site...

http://bunkerblast.info/lastword/lw1704.pdf

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

SYNDICATED ZINE REVIEWS

ZINE-O-MATIC

THE WORD DISTRIBUTION

Download and Print WMZ Fliers

© 2017   Created by Krissy Ponyboy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service