a place for zinesters - writers and readers
I would absolutely love to trade with you Catherine! :oD
Catherine Elms said:
Feminist perzine Here In My Head #13 is out now! 40 pages, 1/4 sized.
On shyness, social anxiety, self-esteem, privilege, confidence, sharing your voice and struggling with adulthood. £1 UK, $2 international, free postage, or get in touch for trades!
It's new, but it ain't blue, and it ain't bubble gum!
It's the latest issue of The Last Word - that fanzine of freedom! The Last Word is being offered for free again - the way America intended - and the latest ish talks about these things...
• Weird Dungeons & Dragons monsters.
• The Outlook.com plot thickens!
• Troubles with glue.
• Where to find a hilarious video of a guy acting up at Toys "R" Us.
• How stretching mucus from your nose is like a candy bar.
• How Nelson Mandela can inspire us.
• A proposed law to help us collect royalties.
So peep, beep, and oggle-weep...
King-Cat Comics #74
32 digest pages
Moving Day, Lying Around in Bed, Bridges of South Beloit, Body Odor Blues, Bat Love, letters, lots more.
Ordering info here: http://johnporcellino.blogspot.com/2013/11/king-cat-74-pre-orders.html
I can't believe I forgot to post about this! So, my new issue is a zine and a record for our zine themed bank, The Copy Scams album? We released a 10” record with 7 90s style pop punk songs all about zines plus a digital download and a 12 page zine with artwork by me and Steve Larder of Rum Lad Zine. You can get a copy from my Etsy shop. Also, all my zines are 20% off right now as well. Take a listen here:
Dairy River Vol. 11 (SOUNDS) is now available! Articles, illustrations, and songs by: Tammy T. Stone, Steve Wright, Matt Diamond, Marc Carver, Buzz Stein, and Zachary Scott Hamilton. Hope you enjoy! And we're always looking for collaborators, drop me a line!
The first ever Mad Pride Hamilton (Ontario, CANADA) zine is out!
54 pages 8 1/2 by 11
art, articles, poetry, resources, references, theory, and craziness
written and curated entirely by people who identify as mad, mentally ill, nuts, crazy, insane, service users and refusers, neurodiverse, neuroatypical.
$5 or pay what you can - email to arrange
If you're on Etsy and write about mental health related things, let us know so we can link to you...and buy a copy of your stuff!
The Cenacle | 87 | December 2013
Download link: http://www.scriptorpress.com/cenacle/87_december_2013.pdf
[Size = 4.5 MB]
Just upon the arrival of the new year, the new issue of The Cenacle has arrived! This issue features many of our usual great poets, plus fixtion, graphic arts, & several fine essays. It completes the 2013 Scriptor Press publishing year. I am expecting we will have even more publications to announce over the course of 2014. For now, enjoy this number!
The new issue’s contents include:
• New poetry by Raymond Soulard, Jr., Judih Haggai, Martina Newberry, Joe Coleman, & Tom Sheehan
• “Incarceration (The Last Belize Story)” [Journal] by Charlie Beyer
• “Jack Kerouac: A Psychonaut in Denial” [Essay] by Nick Meador
• “The Wildest Ones” [Travel Journal] by Nathan D. Horowitz
• Labyrinthine [new fixtion] by Raymond Soulard, Jr.
• Notes from New England [Commentary] by Raymond Soulard, Jr.
• Classic poetry by W.B. Yeats
• Graphic artwork by Joe Coleman
• Graphic artwork by Kassandra & Raymond Soulard, Jr.
Email comments to this mailing list by simply hitting “reply” to this email—or reply to me directly & off-list at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our 22nd year. Our 472nd ish.
The January issue of The Last Word is now permeating the joint, and this edition discusses these things...
• A recent road trip down south.
• The right-wing bigotry and humiliation of past school villains.
• The politics of mapmaking.
• More hilarious hotel reviews.
• A stinky situation at a Georgia bar.
• The decline of a once-great radio.
You're gonna peep, and you're gonna beep...
Hey everybody! My new zine is finally done! Dreams of Donuts is my comic perzine, and in this issue you will find tales of terrible dating, a journey with my friends the Crude Studs to a show in the boonies (and my negative feelings on mosh pits!), a history of 510-BAD-SMUT written by Robert Eggplant (comes with a sticker), how I make a comic zine, and more! You can buy it here or contact me about buying through mail order. I'm also okay with trades!
The new issue of Musea is in the mail for regular readers, and will soon be at the usual suspected spots in Dallas, and on the web.
This issue is some of the best CHILDREN'S POEMS, I've written. For all those who are young or just think that way.
I've enclosed a cover of the front.
(editor of the 21 year old zine Musea)
Here's the link to the online version of my print zine. http://www.musea.us/spring14.html