We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 12978

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

King-Cat Comics #72 is available now!  Featuring heartbreak, lonely skies, woodchucks, bats, cats, dreams, and radioactive squirrels; Top 40, more. 32 digest pages.

USA: $4 check/cash/mo; $4.28 via paypal
CANADA: $5 USD via paypal
EVERYWHERE ELSE: $6.50 USD via paypal

*Illinois residents, please add an additional 7.25% sales tax.

John Porcellino

PO Box 142

South Beloit, IL  61080

Or PAYPAL to: kingcat_paypal AT hotmail DOT com

Thanks everyone!  Cover image/more info at www.king-cat.net

OBSOLETE! #5 is Out!

This issue is our biggest yet, with more essays, fiction, poetry and artwork than ever before. It includes work by Bob Pfeifer, Spike Vrusho, Diana “The Doc” Thomas, City of Strangers, Cheryl Ammeter, Lenny Zenith, Michael X. Rose,Karim Hetherington, Chuck Miller, Chris Schipper and Walter Sun Chien, and more.

OBSOLETE! Magazine is a quarterly tabloid publication in the tradition of the International Times, OZ, The East Village Other, The Berkely Barb, The Chicago Seed, The Whole Earth Catalog, PUNK! and the other great underground rags of days past....
OBSOLETE! is distributed FREE OF CHARGE, thanks to donations of readers, friends and fans. You can get it mailed to your door for a small charge to cover shipping, OR, request a free bundle to distribute to your area bookshops, music stores, coffee shops and other independently-owned businesses. Help us keep the underground press alive!

4 years in the making, my first ever zine is now a reality! Its a collection of things I've been writing with the intent of publishing a zine, and subsequently a collection of the past few years of my life. Stories, pictures, poems, and lists galore! $2 to jilliancottage@gmail.com will have it sent off your way in no time, though I certainly prefer trades.

Hello Zine types,

Issue 1 of Now In Lemon is out, illustration, art, drawing and a bit of writing. Please check it out, take a look, cheers.

http://nowinlemon.com/

Check out the brand new issue of Fanzine Pez, with loads of zine reviews and interviews !

(in Spanish only, sorry)

http://www.monmagan.com/fanzinepez/pez-14/

First issue of Craigslist Missed Connections available now! For purchase or trade.

See profile for more details. :)

This is issue three of my zine Bird Shit now available for purchase.  The zine covers a cross-country road trip from Indiana to Oregon with my boyfriend when we moved to Portland. 

It's pamphlet style, thirty pages long.  You can purchase it one of two ways-- by visiting my Etsy store where you can also purchase copies of issue one and two, or for issue three only, my e-mail address is robinyourgrave@gmail.com to send payments via PayPal.  Cost per issue is two dollars plus an additional two dollars for shipping media-mail. 

Creating Chaos Iss. No. 1 is now available!

Putting my old zine (Little Grrrl Lost & Found) to rest and starting up a new zine was not as eqasy as I though it would be. I had difficulty getting started and deciding what to include and what to explore... all in all though I am happy with the final product!  Hit me up if you wanna trade (I havent done any trades in a few months and could use some good reading) or purchase issue no. 1 through my etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/BrandysCraftNook 

last month's debut issue of NB sold out inside of a week which was rad - perhaps some of you liked it enough to keep going? This issue is all about pizza (well, half of it - 30 pages or so while the rest are regular features carrying over each issue). Last issue was the first and the layout was a bit simpler - as per the suggestion of a couple of great folks, there have been some variations in fonts and layout in order to break the reading experience up a bit! As was the case with the last issue, this one is $5ppd!

Here's the official blurb:

issue 2 features 60 pages of content obsessively dissecting the Italian borne wonder known as pizza, including (but not limited to) a brief history lesson on the roots of New York and Chicago pizza, a list of odes to the precocious pie and essays by Jetta Vegas and Jonni Greth about youth group extortion by pepperoni and muffins slathered with marinara and vegan cheese. This issue also contains the second installments of ongoing features including the nature of record collecting, the Manifesto of Futurist Cooking as well as a fresh batch of 7" and zine reviews with a lengthy discussion with Otto Bot of legendary sci fi extraterrestrials Blaster The Rocketman! The first run of this issue also comes with a complimentary bag of red pepper flakes to enjoy while noshing on a pie as you read!

This issue as well as copies of issue #1 can be found at www.notesandbolts.storenvy.com

Syndicate Product 19: DETRITUS (Fragments and Scraps)
1/4-letter size / 32 pages / Cardstock covers with coffee-stained tag / $3 (US)

Order it here.

A collection of pieces that have been published in other places, rejected, or just never got out of draft stage, sprinkled with transcribed notebook scribbles. A true perzine, in that all the content is by me, as opposed to the compilation zines that I usually publish.

There are four types of content in this collection:

+ Reprints: Pieces that have appeared in other zines.

+ Fragments: Items written for other zines, but either not published or never submitted, along with notes, ideas, and scribbles from many notebooks.

+ Originals: Essays written for intended theme of Issue 19.

+ Snapshots: Silly little pictures snapped over the years.

Looks really interesting; hope I'm on on your mailing list.

Some friends and I created a compzine called FREE.

The first Issue of free can be found in Print at Wooden Shoe Books in Philadelphia, or

readable online on it's face book page @ FREE, the free zine.

Either way it won't cost you a thing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service