We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 11990

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The first issue of my 'zine "Let's Do It For Johnny" is out. I used to make 'zines in high school (a very long time ago) and decided to try and get another one going. It's a perzine. This first issue has stories about living in Los Angeles, my DJ gig, a book & music review, and some other stuff.

If you'd like a copy or would like to trade, shoot me a message. This first issue is free.

Just a little quick mini-zine entitled "Sjokolade", afrikaans for Chocolate. Zine includes two chocolate related recipies, chocolate trivia and drawings/illustrations of chocolate :)

8 pages, .50 or trade. 

Virgin #2

Virgin #2 has been a long time in the making but it’s finally here! This issue is mostly a compilation zine with 6 fantastic virginity-related submissions ranging from sexual abuse and disability to feminism, ‘virginity is a myth’ and asexuality.

1/2 sized, 18 pages

UK: £1.50 including postage

Europe: £2.00/2.25 euros including postage

Rest of World: £2.75/$4.50 including postage

Paypal to: virginzine@gmail.com

Unfortunately I can’t really do trades due to the anonymity of this zine... it was very stressful last time!

i've got a few new zines out!

I'M DRAWING A BLANK #1 - 16 pages, quarter size, £1

my little 'comic' zine, a collection of somewhat random drawings, with text.

YOUR PRETTY FACE IS GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL #14 / HERE. IN MY HEAD #7 - 54 pages, quarter size, £2

split issue with cath of here. in my head. both sides sort of are about self improvement.

i dont even know when i've last said here i have a new issue out but both the zines mentioned above, and older issues are available at my distro, VAMPIRE SUSHI DISTRO. i also do selected trades.

i'm pretty crap at describing my own zines, sorry.

Copies of the Crazed Mazes Issue #1 (20 page preview) are available for sale or trade! Order a copy before May 30th 2011 and receive $1 off on Crazed Mazes Issue #1!
8.5 x 11
Send $2 US/ $3 Int'l
Send cash, check, or trade to:
Myron Smith
PO Box 354
Ridgeway, VA 24148.

PS Crazed Mazes #1 (20 page preview) does not have a color cover but the completed version of Crazed Mazes #1 will.
Attachments:

Hirnplatzt Zine: Limited run magazine dedicated
to underground art, illustrations, drawings, comics,
collages, scrapbook scum & other visual vomit.

AVAILABLE NOW !!!

[HIRNPLATZT02] Slacks by Benedikt Rugar

Limited 100 copies, A5 size, 40 pages, hand-numbered

SLACKS is a collection of works by benedikt
Rugar and presents some of his unreleased
works. A abstract series of black and white
drawings, paintings and collages.

[HIRNPLATZT03] Gladland by Oliver Schulze

Limited 200 copies, A5 size, 40 pages, hand-numbered

GLADLAND is a weird nightmarish
underground comic by oliver Schulze.
Intense fear, sluts, crystal faces, good
girls and "der Döctor" on 40 pages.

Price per zine is 5 EUR/4 GBP/6.5 USD
+ shipping to your city, suburb, country.

Pleaze get in touch for info/orders/wholesale:

More vinyl, tapes, zines, others here:
http://www.hirntrust.at/
http://soundcloud.com/hirntrust

THANKS

Miss Sequential #4 is now available!

Subtitled Outgoing: My Life in Mail, this issue of Miss Sequential chronicles the way in which the mail (the US Postal Service, pen pals, etc.) has figured prominently in my life from birth to the present. It is an autobiography framed by the act of correspondence. It is entirely hand-written, as though a letter from me to you.

5.5" x 7.5", 24 pages, $5 (includes postage in the USA, add another $1 for post to elsewhere)

You can get my zine through my shop on Etsy, although if you need to arrange purchase another way just contact me at thimblewinder {at} gmail {dot} com and we'll work something out.

Thanks!

Now on sale at samu.co.uk!

SNOW TRAP by David Ziggy Greene

A5 12 pages of snow laden mischief involving stolen records, a house party and a metal ruler!
New comic which was created for the worlds largest comic festival, Angouleme in January 2011.

Buy it from www.samu.co.uk for only £2 plus FREE POSTAGE! SO JUST £2!

Forbidden Planet International says...
In just these few pages Greene pulls off some lovely, expression laden cartooning, establishes a fun little story – and somehow, within the ever so tight confines of the 10 pages, manages to pull off a chase scene and action packed finale. And he draws very good snow. Fortunate really, since it’s a good 4 or 5 foot deep by the end.

Thanks
David Greene
pourlafrime.blogspot.com/2011/04/angoule...nally-available.html

"Probably one of the best cartoonists you've never heard of" - Matthew Badham (2000AD, Tripwire)

"I was especially impressed with the art." - Peter Bagge

"The work in “Swimming with Shoes On GN” happily exists between the worlds of professional comics and off-the-cuff zines. Made with equal parts frantic energy and thoughtful construction, Greene’s collection manages the lofty task of being gross, funny and charming all at once." - Avoid The Future.com

"David really made me laugh. A sketchy and surreal trip through zineland with some really funny moments."- Shellsuit Zombie

"I enjoyed these comics quite a bit, thanks mostly to Greene's appealing line. Much of [the] humor depends on [David’s] drawings looking funny, but he doesn't oversell it. He's wise to keep restraint, considering how very silly his stories are." - Rob Clough (Poopsheet Foundation, The Comics Journal)

If Destroyed Still True #6 is about my visit in February 2011 to Iraqi Kurdistan. It's 28 pages, A5, landscape, entirely handwritten and with photos from my trip. It's about hitch-hiking experiences good and bad, encounters with Kurdish and American soldiers, the kindness of strangers, being stranded, death threats, and the protests in the region that have been largely unreported in the western press.

I also still have copies of If Destroyed Still True #5, which was written last June when I lived in Berlin, and is half about the Eurovision Song Contest and half personal stuff.

IDST#6: £2.25 within Australia, £2.50 to Asia-Pacific and £3.00 to the rest of the world

IDST#5: £1.75 within Australia, £2.00 to Asia-Pacific and £2.50 to the rest of the world

Both zines: £2.75 within Australia, £4.00 to Asia-Pacific and £5.00 to the rest of the world.

My paypal address is paypal at jinxremoving dot org.

Danke!

negative noise issue #1. available for $3 ppd.

http://crippledsoundrecords.bigcartel.com/

interviews, record reviews, and a local band spotlight.

12 page, full color music zine with interviews, record reviews, and a local band spotlight. Lark's Tongue, Big Box, Adobe Homes, Beau Navire, Ice Age Records, and Easter all inside! Eat shit and die.

The new (and first!) issue of Le Stoner's Digest is out, you'll find it on my Etsy shop just here : http://www.etsy.com/shop/inoxid

So here's the drill :

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF GOD is Le Stoner's Digest?

Le Stoner's Digest is a new fiction zine written by two french dudes ( with some help from Displaced Snail's very own J. Carlough!). It is sleazy, violent, fun, what can i say, it's PULP as FUCK.

First issue is about big knives and psycho killers, and you should not let your kids read it. I mean, seriously, why would you give them some cheap-ass zine when they could be entertaining themselves with Cosmopolitan or some cool mag with high-end cars and big boobs?

Contains 5 profanity-littered original stories, and plenty of illustrations. 32 A5 pages of gorgeous 120g paper, with a manly 200g cover, and the supplement is a short story by Phillibert Mossberg printed on that awesome but weirdly formatted paper i once found in the street in Paris. True story!"
Musea: This issue of Musea is the Hunkasaurus and His Pet Dog Guitar, PHOTO issue. Our big feature is a set of 6 fun photos taken by David McGhee of one of my recent Box Office Concerts, in the box office, at the Inwood Theater, in Dallas Texas.  When I'm not selling tickets I play music! Come by and listen.
Besides the photo series, there are a lot of brand new ideas in music. Are you ready for something new in music? I know I am. Here is an issue full of them for all the fellow art revolutionaries out there. Enjoy.  - Tom Hendricks, editor.
Will trade or $1

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service