We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 13004

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

exploding the myth #4 now finished! It's half size, 26 pages, black&white with hand coloured cover.
Includes stuff about family, tattoos, gardening, feminism, fun anti-depression tips, rebel grrrls in fiction part 2, transition stuff, how to make aprons and rocky road, illustrations, lists and more!

£1 or email me for trades kiraswales@yahoo.co.uk (please title any mail or i generally assume its junk)
Issue 1 of Shape & Situate: Posters of Inspirational European Women zine is out now.

It's a zine of posters made by artists and DIY creatives within Europe, each poster highlighting the (often hidden) history and lives of radical inspirational women and collectives from Europe, as a way of connecting us with the past, the present and to help us to make sure that there will be a future which contains such creative and pioneering female action and activity.

28 pages (22 posters)
A5 size zine.
Black and white illustrations throughout.
Printed on recycled 100gsm paper. Covers printed on 200gsm paper.

It's available (or available really soon) from:

Dear Soeurs Distro (UK)
Marching Stars Distro (UK)
COTL shop at Etsy.com
COTL shop at Folksy.com
Ms Valerie Park Distro (US)
Dead Trees and Dye Distro (UK)
Ricochet! Ricochet! Distro (UK)

Looking to trade for debut issue of fuctaculon: 32 page, b&w... comics, stories, art
Email deltadada@gmail.com -- will also sell for $3 incl. postage.
We'll Never Have Paris, Vol 7 - Modern Fire features as always the theme 'all things never meant to be' with an extra twist. Drawings, poetry (this will be the last poetry issue), essays. Contributors include:

william stevenson
nicole martin
betsy housten
veronica liu
ling e tao
sarah dacorta
raymond luczak
ben mitchell
martha grover
marlon dunkster
margo dabaie
vincent mccloskey
shaheim jackson
andria alefhi
lauren nixon

I have a new zine! And it is basically the What's the Deal With You And Microcosm? blog post  plus a little more including a paragraph from Cindy Crabb clarifying a bit of her request.

get it?

I'm just going to say that this zine is not for everyone. 26 is my leave favorite number and I ended up writing about my least favorite topic that just will not go away!

In 2006 I wrote the zine Brainscan #21: Irreconcilable Differences. This zine was about my personal experience of realizing I was in an emotionally abusive relationship, finding the courage to move on and challenging other people to identify power and how they use in in all of their relationships. In Brainscan 21 I did not name name because I did no think it was useful, but in this zine I do. Several other people have approached me with issues they have had with the same person and I thought it might be helpful for people to hear a bit more of my story tying my personal experience with Joe to my business experience.

This zine is based on this blog post http://alexwrekk.wordpress.com/2010/07/29/so-whats-the-deal-with-yo.... People have kept asking me about it so I thought I would put it in zine format. The blog post is about my least favorite subject: my history with Microcsm Publishing, Joe Biel and his attempted and failed accountability processes plus input from a few other people. To lighten the load I also talk about some of the other stuff I have been involved with and things I'm looking forward to next year. 32 pages 1/4 sized and uncharacteristly text heavy. Back cover illustration by Steve Larder

How you can get a copy:

stick $2 USD in an envelope and send it to:

Alex Wrekk
5307 N Minnesota ave
Portland, Oregon 97217

Paypal $2.50 to alex@smallworldbuttons.com

Head over to my Etsy shop and get my new zine and if you really want to be nice you could also pick up some of my catalog buttons buttons or maybe get some custom buttons made for yourself!

Having a housemate with a cursive typewriter is rad!

some of my catalog buttons. I have almost 100 now.

Late Night Thinking 6: Place

• Next Day of the Rest of My Life
  • Simple Awesome
  • Random Photos
  • It Gets Better Project
  • Wedding Witness
  • Almost a Yinzer
  • David Palmer Interview

My zines page will tell you how to get a copy (trades preferred!)

Happy Holidays Readers! The new issue of Musea has been mailed, stacked at certain Dallas spots, and is now available online.
Webmaster Matthew has set it up with a fun holiday backing. So see it all Under the heaading - #178 December/January Musea Issue at
http://www.Musea.us 
This month's issue is our annual Christmas Story issue. It's the story of the Candle and Icicle Magic Spell, and how it works to save a sick child.
Here's the intro:
CANDLE AND ICICLE

Lines / 
etched into his palm/ 
like a tattoo/ 
inked at birth.

"This story opens on a somewhat isolated 2 story farmhouse in December. It's twilight but the house is totally dark inside. Outside it's cold..."

Let me know what you think of it. Until next year .....

Tom Hendricks 
(editor of the 18 year old zine Musea)

Mishap #30: Catalog of Happy Fun.

A fanciful collection of back issues, bumper stickers, staplers, and excerpts from the upcoming (might be a) bestseller, "Been Wrong So Long it Feels Right to Me." The most fun ever packed into a catalog! Trade or a $1 and stamps. PO Box 5841 Eugene OR 97405 usa

No new issue to report yet, but I'm going to start a zine on running. Jogging.

If you'd like to submit something, anything, to such a zine, you may do so by emailing me at kalel AT well DOT com. All contributors will get a copy.

Looking for art, poetry, personal writing, fiction, reviews, etc. But all about running and jogging.

Published three times yearly. Each issue is based around a theme. Submissions are closed for the March issue, but will include work by Jack Foley among others.

Download-able from the net to save file or print-out.

Watch this space.

Thanks!

your pretty face is going straight to hell #13 & #12

YOUR PRETTY FACE IS GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL #13 & #12 (in order of appearance)

i actually finished / printed #13 THE DAY BEFORE i fractured my wrist, so the damn things have been sitting in my skates' box unassembled. which was really bloody frustrating, especially since it had taken me three, four months to put pen to paper and shit and then i couldn't share it with anyone. #13 is about the first half of 2010 which wasn't the greatest time. full of loss and grief and feeling crappy. for some reason i don't feel comfortable saying why on my blog but putting it all zine seems to be ok.

#12 is about when i fractured my wrist at roller derby and my time off and stuff. there's not much else i can say to describe it!

as you may have figured out from what i just said, #13 was written before #12. but i decided to swap the numbers around because i thought #13 appropriate thanks to the misery. who knew i'd be so unlucky the day after printing! well, what's done is done.

your pretty face is going straight to hell #13 & #12

as per usual, they're available from good old VAMPIRE SUSHI DISTRO.
along with a whole of new awesome zines, and the good old ones.

i probably haven't actually posted here about a new issue since.... #9 i think. & i've just been lazy and copied this straight from my blog.

KEROUAC'S DOG MAGAZINE LAUNCHES ISSUE #2 AFTER ISSUE #1 SELLS OUT.

Issue #2 'Life' - is now on sale at http://store.kerouacsdogmag.com

Released in March, it's a bumper double issue with double the writing, double the photography, double the design, and double the erotica. It's braver, darker, and even more exciting. 

If you want to find out more about us and our philosophy, go to the main site at http://www.kerouacsdogmag.com

Beatnik light one and all.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service