We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 11936

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HELLO!

Issue 9 of Lights Go Out is officially out from TODAY!!!

So what’s in it I guess you’re asking? You mean apart from the usual zine goodness which include stacks of columns, cd reviews, gig reviews and zine reviews? Well let me tell you…

Issue 9 features the following….
Less Than Jake – an interview with the Gainesville ska punkers!
Interviews with The Flatliners, Fenix TX, Teenage Bottlerocket and Amber Pacific.
Thousand Yard Stare – old indie band, we speak to four of the band who had some moderate success back in the 90’s.
Girls@Play – we chat to three of the pop group who could have been bigger than The Spice Girls!

Band Profiles too. Mummy Say’s I’m Special, The Alter Egos, The Bullet Kings and Push The Ghost.

It’s another huge 44 pager this time round, and still just the same price of £1 in person or £1.50 postage paid in the UK. You can pre-order the new issue via the website now! You can also get back issues and some other great zines there too, all in the shop at www.lightsgoout.co.uk

Thanks, Mr. T
Attachments:
ah801

Anatomical Heart #8 is a perzine / mental health zine.
This issue includes writings on metal illness, my life as a student mental health nurse, rants on meds and therapy, tattoo talk, and some zine reviews.
1/4 size, 24 pages.

ah901

Anatomical Heart #9 is a 24 hour perzine
This issue includes writings on the things I love, including grrrls, mail and books!
1/3 size, 16 pages.

You can get both for £1.50 in the UK / $3 international (paypal to bettieriot@gmail.com), or message me for a trade!
i have a new issue of "love letters to monsters" out as of august 2010. it's a split with my friend & next-door neighbor (& long-time zinester) ailecia. she wrote "alabama grrrl" #9 & i wrote "love letters to monsters" #3. it's eighty quarter-sized pages, pretty heavy on the text. i wrote about topics including: moving to kansas, being a grad school widow, closing down my zine distro, becoming interested once again in writing fiction, the convoluted meaning of "community" in a punk/anarchist context, self-care & mental health, physical disability, tenants' rights, my father's unexpected death & my mother's unexpected conversion to islam, & more. ailecia wrote about what she wishes she would have known before enrolling in graduate school, tips on successfully integrating school with the rest of your life, grieving a friend who passed away too young, the excesses within the punk scene that lead to a culture of self-destruction, the importance of feminism, fat-positivity, & queer solidarity in punk scenes, an open letter to radical kids in lawrence calling them out on unchecked misogyny & violence, & more. we are both writing from an early 30s feminist personal perspective.

the zine costs $3 (anywhere in the world, including postage), which can be paid via paypal to learningtoleaveapapertrail@hotmail.com or mailed in cash to me at:
ciara xyerra
1126 tennessee st. #5
lawrence KS 66044

trades may be acceptable. i like politically-tinged personal zines. drop me a line privately to set something up.

distros are also welcome to order copies. wholesale is $1.50 each (again, including postage, & anywhere in the world), which can be paid in the same ways listed above. i also accept checks made out to "ciara xyerra".

(sorry i don't have a photo!)
I finished my new zine, roots of hope 2, about traveling through Nicaragua, Panama and Costa Rica, as well as other traveling stories from other places in the past, like ireland and belize. i traveled in central and south america for about eight months. i will be making another zine about Colombia, Ecuador and Peru that I am hoping to finish by the end of the year, but putting them together in one zine would have been too epic, too long, and unstapleable. The zine is 70 pages quarter sized, a lot of text but some graphics and pictures too!

if you want a copy, you can paypal me $3.50 and i will mail it to you! international postage prices please inquire...

my email address is rockstarwithwords (at) yahoo (dot) com
The Cenacle | 73-74 | Summer 2010
http://www.scriptorpress.com/cenacle/73-74.html
[Size = 3.8 MB]

Hello everyone,

Here offered one last gift from the departing summer season: the new double-issue of The Cenacle. As KD & I spent the whole summer in moving from Oregon to Massachusetts, we were concurrently creating this transitional issue. Chuck full of good works too! Full issue contents include:

• Alex Smith’s essay “Wilhelm Reich: Life & Death of a Social Pioneer”
• Ralph Emerson’s linguistics essay “Q is for Queer”
• Jim DeKorne’s essay “Psychedelics and Alchemy”
• GC Dillon’s fiction “From Antarctica With Love”
• My fixtion “Labyrinthine”
• New poetry by Ric Amante, Zannemarie Lloyd Taylor, Judih Haggai, & myself
• Artwork by KD & myself
• plus my notebook & commentary

We hope you enjoy this issue with its many fine contributions. Scriptor Press is now fully arrived in the Boston area & ready for the autumn!

Peace,
Raymond
I have three new mini-comics out this week. Click the links below to read more and for ordering information.

Candy or Medicine Volume Eleven

Postal b/w I Yam What I Yam

Apartment 307.. One Year Later

Hey, love the idea :)

Vicky Stevenson said:
Forever Analog zine

Forever Analog is an illustrated zine about typewriters, vinyl records and film photography and the reasons why people still use them.

A5 size, 12 pages of content (not incl the cover). Edition of 50. Covers come in pink, green, teal, blue and orange.

£2 + postage through myself or etsy. There's more images on my page :)

'You Can Finish This Later' is a new chapbook from On Lives Press. Click the book to read more about it.

We also have a CONTEST going to win a free copy.
Photobucket
At long last, Here. In My Head. #5 and #6 (a feminist perzine from the UK) are now available! :D

Here. In My Head. #5: (40 pages, little smaller than 1/4 sized): £1.00

Features written pieces on girl-hate, beauty, self-loathing and personal growth, the dynamic nature of love, feminist book recommendations, and trying to reconcile my personality with my feminist beliefs.

Here. In My Head. #6: (38 pages, little bigger than 1/4 sized): £1.00

An alphabet zine, with a wide variety of topics including Body, Feminism, Hair, Ire, Memories, Noise, Piano, Serendipity, University, Vulva, Wales, and Xmas!

Am happy to accept trades too. Get in touch via WMZ or email me at contactATcatherineelms.co.uk for more info!

SteveLarder said:

I managed to complete a zine cliché and write about a Greyhound bus trip. I spent three days traveling and covered 2763 miles between Baton Rouge, LA to Portland, OR. I tried my best to do a whole lot of ignoring on the way but whether I liked it or not, ended up meeting some interesting folk. Next time I think I'll fly.

£1 in person, £1.70 w/ postage. Paypal to stevejipwit@hotmail.com or send concealed cash to -

Steve Larder
Somerset House
Cherry Holt Lane
Sutterton
Boston
Lincs
PE20 2HU
UK

Awesome!
The new issue of MUSEA #177 is now on the musea.us website. It is the CHARACTERS issue PLUS we have a link to all the LOST TAPES (note the first song on the list, Walking in the Field, does not work, never has). Musea.us for all musea zine articles and issues.

For a print copy, send an SASE or trade to me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service