We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 10958

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Musea Reader,

The New June/July issue of Musea is out. Here is the intro and an excerpt:
Pick it up at the usual spots in Dallas, or for a zine trade or SASE, or wait and it'll be on the Musea Website soon. If you like plays and the theater, get this issue!

-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​
THESE Works are all Plays!!!
This issue of Musea is a look at excerpts of my original plays. First up are 5 major size plays. That's followed by 5 Playlets. Followed by 4 that are hard to categorize. For each play there is both a summary and then a sample or slice. Theater groups -what are you waiting for? Be the first to PLAY these WORKS!!!

-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​
2. WILLIAM TELL (THE PLAY) . A group of players are acting out Shiller's, William Tell. But is it staged or real when he shoots that arrow? A drama that tests reality. EXCERPT PLEASE (curtains! lights!) The Prologue:
Cast of Schiller's "William Tell" are on stage mulling around just before their curtain comes up. The Author/Player walks on stage and the cast applauds. He bows and quiets them down. Lights on the cast dim. Spotlight on Author/Player.

AUTHOR/PLAYER
I am a player. I play this plays author,
who wrote this piece with a part by Pirandello
and William Tell's playwright, Germany's Schiller
who both though not living, live on in their work.
Celebrated playwrights - talented men,
All 3 of us gifted now ... and back then.

We together present a play in a play,
or should the word 3 times be said:
Audience here's a play's, play's, play,
And the audience not audience but players instead.
"I think therefore I am', no pretending for me
And the players on stage - not staged but REAL! ...

(He does the ending dramatically and slowly. Then sweeps his hand across the cast. Lights come up and the action of the play starts.)

-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​
And for an ending to our "All Works and All Plays" issue, I quote the last lines from "The Wandering Students"

We leave you then with our last couplet rhyme.
If you choose to applaud .... NOW IS THE TIME!

Tom Hendricks
(editor of the 17 year old zine Musea)
Just finished Beauty of Women A-Z

A fun and educational read for all!!

A is for attitude
B is for bodies
C is for courage
D is for desire

Just like the ABC books we read as children, but focused on the beauty of women!

Get yr hands on one for $5.00 at www.blambert1.etsy.com

I've recently finished issue 6 of Cats Teeth. (I haven't got a photo up yet but it's quartersize and full of dark imagery). It's called 'Without Dead Time' taken from the quote "live without dead time, indulge untrammeled desire" . This issue is all about communication and a sense of urgency, the fear that we don't really know people but only know their personas, that we all put up defences, and that consciousness is isolated behind a physical wall, it contains unsent confessions to friends, lots of quotes, it mentions drug abuse and feeling disconnected from yourself, and the sinister underbelly of life versus the everyday facade!

I mainly deal with trades (not strictly limited to zines), if you're interested email me: wintermuse@gmail.com

xxx

Not Lonely #3 is now available!

Issue 3 is about the fine line between fact and fiction, not throwing things away, being pestered by dodgy men on public transport, (somewhat comically) failing at interviews, insomnia, the reality check of life after university and alternative menstrual products. It's part-handwritten, part-typed and made in a cut-and-paste style with lots of pretty backgrounds and vintage images.

I love trades! Or the price is £1 UK / £1.50 Europe / £2 Elsewhere. Please contact me via my page on here or email not_lonely_zineATyahoo.co.uk if you'd like a copy.

$4 by mail, $5 by Etsy...http://www.etsy.com/shop/RipItOut. Email me for snail mail address: imustbedelirious@yahoo.com. 25 cents from every zine sold goes to Ronnie James Dio's Stand Up And Shout cancer fund.
The first issue of Bohemian Fuckup is now available. It's 1/4 sized, 8 pages.

#1 is mostly comics with a rant about legalizing prostitution and a list of random stuff about myself. The next one will have more varied content , including a list of obscure female fronted bands. it'll likely be longer too.

It's $1 to cover postage, but free if you send a few stamps. Trades are also groovy.

Email me at facelessidiot@gmail.com if you're interested.

I also have a pdf version of it up as well, if you want to preview it or whatever.
IMG_0164.JPG

Here's the zine I made for my second year of the 24hr zine challenge (I did it early, because I'm going to be insanely busy in July). You have to make 24 pages in 24 hours, with no pre-planning allowed. It's about the best gigs I've ever been to, my best bargains at charity estate sales and crosswords. 24 pages.

24 pages, 1/6th size $0.75 plus postage
(outside the UK postage is $3 for as many zines as you like- it's essentially a flat rate for me to send them)

Check out my etsy for all my zines.

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I've finished my first zine. It's called Peach, Plum, Pear and it's a perzine dealing with mental health issues including suicide and self-harm.
It's black and white, half-size, 26 pages and zigzag stitched together with my lovely Bernina sewing machine. There are a few photos of it on my page.
They're £1.50 each or for trade :)

Hello, I have just finished the first issue of my first zine. Sometimes I'm Dreaming #1 is a 1/4 size, b&w 38 page perzine featuring pieces on seeking refuge in my imagination, the pros and cons of living in London, my love of penpalling (and the good and bad experiences I have had with it over the years) and the consequences of being overly impulsive.

The price is £1, or alternatively I may be interested in trading. If you would like a copy please send me a message or email me at sometimesimdreaming@hotmail.co.uk. <3
Photobucket

Tattooed Memoirs #7
$1/ 24 pages/Quarter size
by Sage

My intro describes the ridiculous self-censorship that I put myself through while writing this issue. Thankfully, I was able to work through it. Issue 7 of Tattooed Memoirs is about my deep love for tattoos and working in the tattoo industry, but the bitterness I feel now. It’s a peek into my life while working in the tattoo shop for 13 years & then deciding to take a much needed break. I describe the transition I made from tattooing to working with an adult home party company as a consultant which has been incredibly fun & empowering.

You can order this issue at my distro, Sweet Candy!

OR Send Pay Pal payment to sweetcandydistro AT gmail DOT com

$1.50 within the US - $2.00 outside US

OR

Send $1 + a stamp to:
Sage A.
PO BOX 1833
Dallas, GA 30132

Sometimes I'm Dreaming #2: 1/4 size, b&w, 30 pages.

Issue two is rather creativity-themed, with pieces about different perceptions of art, why keeping diaries and journals is so important to me (along with some of my embarrassing teenage diary excerpts), influences on my musical taste from childhood to the present day and a few other things.

The price is £1, although I would be happy to trade if you prefer.

If you would like a copy, please send me a message here or email me at sometimesimdreaming@hotmail.co.uk.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service