We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 11010

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

oh and if you go to the illustration side of the website rather than the distro side, you can see all the pages and theres a handy little paypal button too. awesome.
Finally!

Driving Blind #4 - quarter size - 54 pages.

I write about my town, my first (and only) job - and my dad even wrote a story about the habits of Jersey geese. It's very cut-and-paste, and I swear it's more interesting than I make it sound. You can buy it at my distro - everything is alphabetical, so just look under A-F zines.

http://www.thingsyousaydistro.com
Dreams of Donuts #9 is done, all about my november month long trip out east to Milwaukee for friendship and the zinefest and my trip back out west. It's $1, plus I have back issues 1-8.

Heather Wreckage
836 57th st
Oakland, CA 94608
Musea Reader, the April/May issue is out.

This issue has 3 parts. Two for your health, and one for the health of music. The first "LARRY"S SUGAR PILLS" is a one act courtroom 'drama'. See if Larry ends up in jail for selling his miracle pills. Then something for the health of the world of music, the NPR 200 SONG MUSIC CHALLENGE. Be a part of music history and be a bit revolutionary too. Then finally from my sci side, SLEEP a new hypothesis about why we sleep . If I'm right, changing how we sleep may cure more than anyone could have imagined!!!

To find a copy send me a stamp, dollar, or trade, OR get it at the regular spots in Dallas, OR read it on line at musea.us.

-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​-​
Here's the opening of the short short play LARRY'S SUGAR PILLS (One act play in verse.)

Scene: Courtroom.
Characters: Judge , Lawyer for the prosecution, Defendant Larry, Narrator.
Scenery: Judge's bench, two tables, and a witness stand.
(Narrator adds his comments from off stage.)

"Call your first witness,"said the Judge.
The lawyer looked out and saw just one.
"Is he of L's Pills in the court here?
Larry looked at the two and said, "For sure."
"Take the stand and then the oath."
Larry arose and did both.
"Are you the president and CEO
of L's Pills and Larry Pill Co.?"
"I am I am I admit it's so.
"Does Larry's Pills make Larry's Pills?"
"Yes we do. 'It cures your ills'."
"Would you read the label and it's claims?"
"This'll cure almost anything!"
"Now the contents listed there under..."
"Contains 100% first grade sugar."
"So you admit the ingredients are
only sugar and nothing more?"
"Yes indeed, that's all you need.
We had a sugar coating but I'm the first to say
That seemed redundant, and got in the way......

Tom Hendricks
(editor of the 17 year old zine Musea)
musea.us
hunkasaurus.​com
Exploding the Myth #3 - queer punk perzine, featuring writing about moving home, jobs, friendships, music love, "transition, relationships and the NHS" continued - regarding my experiences having a trans boyfriend, plus a special section dedicated to creativity, inspiration and motivation, in which I ask lots of people who or what motivates and inspires them, and a piece by me on how to motivate and inspire yourself, and more! B&W with hand coloured cover, 40pp. £1.50, or I like to trade for perzines or zines with queer/punk/political/feminist/anarchist/crafty contents <3 Either message on here or email at kira_swales@yahoo.co.uk
IMGP0004.JPG
Fanzine Ynfytyn 12

24 page quarter-sized zine 50p/$1 + postage

Featuring:
*An interview with myself that soon turns into book recommendations
* Haiku ode to Papa Hemingway
* Guide to collective nouns for birds
* My days of selling software to the nuclear industry
* Monthly lists of small pleasures

You can order it from my Etsy

I'm also up for trades, if you live outside the UK I'd prefer to trade multiple issues though to save on postage

Hello, We'll Never Have Paris is back. Now on issue 6. This one is called WNHP6: Now with Poetry. Here is the cover photo. Contributors include:

Lorraine Schein
Aditi Sriram
Buzz Poole
Raymond Luczak
Andria Alefhi
Cecelial Mariscal
Gus Iversen
Chris Roberts
Eric Nelson
Gillian Moragn
Tim Josephs
Jaime Borschuk

+ cover art and layout Jaime Borschuk, drawings by Gabriel Liston, interview with Raymond Luczak
Attachments:
Hey Pete, do you want copies of the new WNHP?

Pete Willis said:
this has been out for awhile but im just now getting round to telling people! 24 pages of drawings about football from someone who until recently knew nothing about it. it's called One Nil, costs £3 (its full colour and properly printed, hence the diy non-friendly price, sorry) and is available from MY DISTRO WEBSITE here is a picture of the inside, stolen from the review on Fecal Face:

Hello!

The new issue of Lights Go Out is out now! Issue 7!
Starring interviews with The Arteries, The Dangerous Summer, Joey Cape (Lagwagon), Tony Sly (No Use For A Name), Manda Rin (bis), Hearts Under Fire & ICH.
Loads of cd reviews, gig reviews and zine reviews. Columns. Guilty Pleasures and also my own personl memories from Reading Festivals past.
Cost is £1.50 postage paid in the UK. We have a store on our ever expanding website here: www.lightsgoout.co.uk

Please do check it out and if you fancy getting a copy then please do - I also am more than happy to trade zines! In fact that would be rather awesome if anyone wanted to trade.

I will also be @ the london zine symposium in May so be great to meet you there!

Thanks, Mr. T x
Attachments:

I am what I don't know, issue 1

Hot off the press and available as of now.

Quarter fold sized, 24 pages (not including covers).

The zine is mostly about me trying to negotiate my identity as a queer, hard of hearing, white, and female bodied person, but this issue is mostly about being hard of hearing. The whole zine was written and drawn by the hand of yours truly (I can assure you, my writing is entirely legible). And it’s also kinda in comic form.

Trades are more fun than money.
Email me for more info:
la.ah.sur [at] gmail.com

or
get it through etsy

ManDuhLand: Boobs (#1)

All about my excitement at finally finding a bra that fits properly, my wavering between getting a breast reduction or not, and why you should name your daughter areola.

Half-size, 18 pages, $1 or trade at my Artfire or anspadaro at gmail dot com.
The Cenacle | 72 | April 2010
http://www.scriptorpress.com/cenacle/72.html
[Size = 3.1 MB]

Hello everyone,

First spring of the new decade & here arrives in good time Cenacle | 72 | April 2010! This issue features some great work, including cover art by New Jersey artist Catfishrivers; photographs from the 2010 iteration of Manifest Project; & new writing from a half dozen regular Cenacle contributors. Full issue contents include:

• Poetry by myself; Ric Amante; Joe Ciccone; & Judih Haggai
• Prose essays by Ralph H. Emerson & Joan Didion
• Fixtion by myself
• Letter by Jim Burke III
• Notes from Northwest by myself
• Artwork by Catfishrivers & AbandonView
• Photography from Manifest Project
• Photography by myself & KD

Hope you enjoy this new issue. And, for those who celebrate it, Happy 420!

Peace,
Raymond

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service