We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 10958

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a new issue of Tazewell's Favorite Eccentric out. It's issue #9. Quarter sized, 20 pages, b&w. It's about activist burnout, relationships (duh, it's a perzine), drugs, daddy issues, mental health, and hope. It's $2 via mail, $2.50 on the internet via paypal, or a perzine trade.
My latest issue of Glass Head is here: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37960473 Take a peek and let me know what you think. Don't give me "It's nice" I want real comments. Thanks.

Excuse the crummy cellphone pic! AMB#10 is a minizine that I made back in August for the Portland Zine Symposium -- I came back with some extra copies & then moved, leaving all those extras packed up only to be rediscovered almost half a year later.

AMB#10 is about my grandmother, a survivor of incestuous sexual abuse, & how our shared histories of sexual abuse have informed our relationship. It's 20 pages & small (maybe 4 inches by 3 inches? I don't have a ruler on hand...) You can buy a copy for 75 cents (postage paid!) via PayPal (send payments to sewtrue@gmail.com). If you're interested in trading or buying through snail mail, just send me a message or leave a comment on my page. The content of this zine is potentially triggering.

Here's an excerpt:

My grandmother is a survivor of prolonged incestuous sexual abuse. My family spends a lot of time finding ways to not talk about this, to navigate around it. Even now, I find myself thinking about striking it from the record, of saying, "Why make that a part of this?" But I've come to a point in my own life where I think it's important to dig these things up, to dust them off. To understand not to fear them.
ALPOLG2 is now out! It took a while due to eveyday craziness. But it's finally done :) It's 20-page half size perzine that includes an essay from back in high school (about love), some poetry, 2 apology letters from awesome contributors Chantel G. and Seth Feralin, and a whole lot of accounts in letter form.

ALPOLG (A Long Process of Letting Go) 2 much like the 1st issue, is a perzine that deals with, well... letting go--of different things. Emotions, feelings, people, hope for certain things, etc. Most of the entries are in letter form, addressed to unnamed addressees.

More pictures to follow on my page later today.

Send me a message or email me at i_reply@live.com if you're interested. I also have a few copies put aside for trades :)

I Am
P.O. Box 364
Brownsville TX
78522 USA
I have completed issue no. 3 of Little Grrrl Lost & Found.... it is a total of 16 pages in length (eight 8.5 x11" sheets folded in half) and printed on red paper. This issue is much more personal than my previous zines and opens with my story of a domestic violence relationship, how it affected me, and how it changed my life. It is also chalked full of short stories and poetry, not to mention cool clip art!

Available or purchase now ($2.00) at www.blambert1.etsy.com

I am also always up for trading so let me know if you are interested!

I just finished Sins of Machines #2: 1888. It's quarter-sized, 36 pages, with hand-colored covers. Everything in it was inspired by the year 1888. Most of the zine focuses on Jack the Ripper, including his victims, the media portrayal of the case, and how the crimes led to social reform. Also included are seven poems (most inspired by the murders), five blind contour drawings based on the mortuary photographs of Jack's victims, two excerpts from 1888 publications, and a reflection on my first memory of Jack the Ripper, and about being both fascinated and sickened by him. $2 or trade.

I've completed my very first zine! It's on the failings of the public school system (I'm a teacher in said system).

It's quarter size and contains essays, anecdotes, observations, and a piece of fiction - math fiction. I'm also including a very special scratch and sniff sticker to bring you back to your childhood. Slap it on your notebook or trapperkeeper! I'd love everyone to check it out and I'm open to all trades. Thanks.

FailingStudents.com

Syndicate Product 15 / COMING CLEAN!
32p / Digest / $3US

It's finally finished and it is AWESOME!

With Coming Clean, the Syndicate Product (nee Low Hug) "Life Maintenance Series" comes to an end. The series has spanned domesticity with zines about the laundry (Laundry Basket, 2002), grocery shopping (12 Items or Less, 2003), and cooking (Potluck!, 2004), so Coming Clean is a sensible conclusion. 

Contributors include: KEN BAUSERT (The Ken Chronicles), STEPHEN BOJANOWSKI, DAVIDA GYPSY BREIER (Xerography Debt, Rigor Mortis), HEATHER BRYANT (American, Eh?), ANDREW COLTRIN (Look for Signage), VIOLET FOX, DELAINE DERRY GREEN (Not My Small Diary), AYUN HALLIDAY (East Village Inky), JULEIGH HOWARD HOBSON, ERIC LYDEN (Fish with Legs), JEN MCCLEARY, A.J. MICHEL, KRIS MININGER (Extranjero), CATHERINE PADUANI, PAISLEY THE CAT (Hey Pais), JASON PANKOKE (Micro-Film), ANDREW WALES (Eclectic Comics), JB WINTER (Izzy Challenge).

Available through Etsy at the Syndicate Product Covert HQ Shop!

Carpe Noctem: tales from the Dreamside Issue #4 is online!
This issue has a special guest artist cover, some fun dream facts and of course excerpts from my dream journals.

You can download a copy now at:
http://apocalypsegrrl.wordpress.com/carpe-noctem/
http://intothedreamlands.wordpress.com/media/carpe-noctem/

Feel free to email me if there's any problems downloading or viewing the file (it's a .pdf format)
Little Grrrl Lost & Found issue number 4 is completed!

It is printed...stapled...and ready for trading and/or purchasing!

This issue has a section re: I LOVE MYSELF BECAUSE....submissions from others are included...and it includes a new section called CREATIVE WRITING as well as my own personal poetry and stories.

Issue 4 will be available for purchase later today at Blambert1.etsy.com

Thanks!

#4 of my perzine 'Cats Teeth' is ready. This issue is about living on my own, empowerment and independence, taking on a lover, my first three-way relationship, desire and addiction, darkness, succubi, the

night-time realm.
Two new zines!

Sex Industry Apologist: sex work, feminism and the media, from the perspective of a former staff member at a sex work project.

The Collected Scathings of Ioana Poprowka: transgender issues including media representation, exotification, sexuality and personal experience, by a pseudonymous trans woman.

Both are available from me at jinx removing dot org, and you can read a review of them both here. Cheers!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service