We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 12520

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, I never talked about my latest zine on this until lately.

Short description from Stranger Danger Distro:

"Trying to get to know friends. Trying to get to know towns. Trying to get to know lovers. Sometimes coming up short and sometimes hitting the mark, Chris takes us on a journey through his life over the past year or years. It doesn't even matter. Each story is fluid, bridging the gap between finding community and trying to find yourself. Each snippet shows us whiskey rattled punk shows, radio programs, broken bikes, a trip to South Africa and broken hearts. All compiled seamlessly into a well-written piece of art."

$3 PPD or trade to my super cool new PO Box:

P.O. Box 42
Stn P
Toronto, ON
M5S 2S6, Canada

East Village Inky #40! No pants subway ride! The Truth About Santa (or the nightmare of the whole family, live onstage)! CAMP!!!

3 bucks cash or check payable to Ayun Halliday (not East Village inky)

to Ayun Halliday, po box 22754, Brooklyn NY 11202

or pick it up on Etsy.

yo yo yo!

36 pages of Wrongness www.kitchendistrict.com
Noisy Fanzine, issue 8 is here! Please visit http://www.noisyzine.co.uk/issue.html for the link to Paypal - it costs 86p which includes p+p to the UK and one copy of the fanzine. It's a zine about the live and unsigned music scene in Essex, U.K.

The Festival Special!

* Includes reviews of Offset, SWSF, Village Green and Cambridge Rock.
* Interviews with Future Daydreams (festival accessories shop) and the organisers of Kelvedon Festival, plus new band Lady Grey and the Earls (formerly The Hooks).
* Career retrospective of Danielle Dax, scribbles on F451 and Ipso Facto, regular guitar advice column from Felson, this issue how to 'Pimp Your Plank'! and book reviews, news etc.
* CD reviews: Dirty Trixx, Anger Is A Gift, Jack's Family, The Art of Rebellion, I Draw Lines, The Get, The Perry Lane Sect, Subject To Change, Amoriste, The Tibetan Tea Company, The 3am Context, Bad Moon, Anthony.Love, Cling, The Tumbledryer Babies, Proceed, Walk In Coma, Brigade, The Misanthrope, I.C.H, Rustic, Rocksmith, Ten Tigers, The Beatroots, Miss Cosmos, Koopa, Picture Pretty and The Stolen Coda.
* Live reviews: The Talks, The Fullertons, MC Teef, The Scuzzies, Mad Staring Eyes, The Paddingtons, F451, The Buck Brothers, Jez Kemp, Ten Tigers, Trash Monroe, Hoffman's Bicycle, Blonde Logic, Flamboyant Bella, The Morning After, Midnight Arcade, Slaves to Gravity, Rounds, Caleb, Harry Shuttleworth, Steve Hooker, The Bullies, The Machines, Sans Wilfred, The Riots, Thee Templars, Buried In Mexico, Teegan, The Pins, Lostaura, Breakneck Static, Cats and Bears, Superduck, Syd and the Small Kids, Britta Persson, Camera Obscura, Esoterica, Shotgun Affair, Carved from Violence, Gary Go, The Feeling, Lost Harbours, Dead Rat Orchestra, The 3am Context, Fashoda Crisis, Cnt Pig, Beep! Beep! Richie, Aluminium Risk, Halomobilo and The Library Suits.
i made my first real zine. you can buy it on etsy: cocoapuss.etsy.com

Inside:
-quotes from two books
-friendship personal ad
-letter to Booty Call #1
-letter to the wife from the mistress (true story)
-vaginas, with scientific diagram
-how birth control works, where babies come from
-random musings, random sexy text messages from your boyfriend
-9 questions that probably contradict each other
-artsy magazine collages
-my vanity fair interview
-emptiness
-getting people to like me
-sex worker fantasies and a glimpse into that lifestyle
-hottentot venus pictures
-on thinking you are pregnant
-letter to white boys (extended)
-story about my future sugardaddy in bellevue and his lovely wife
-social networking/dating wesbites review
-stay away from my mama's tits, that's my food (by my kid who has now weaned)
2 new zines are out!

1. mini-zine on alcohol: includes some recipies, a story from chantel G, an article on Absinthe and MORE!
2. the first issue of the Nymphoids Survival Guide! it has a bunch of articles and contributions from other zinesters from here, it covers different facets from fashion to sex, recipes, DIY and a LOT more!

pictures to follow, i couldn;t get it to upload (it's being slow)... but there are some pics on my page :)

they are both available in B/W and colored copies!

oh and to those i promised copies to, you should get them in the next few days, if in doubt, send me a little reminder =)

for more info, email me at ianswer@live.com
Loserdom #19 out now!

new issue of Loserdom zine:
52 pages long with:
Double lino-printed cover
Trip to Vancouver, Ca
Interviews with:
Only Fumes And Corpses (Galway, Ireland)
Roisín Boyd (Irish Refugee Council)
Loser Bros comics
zine reviews.

cost €2.50 or €4 postpaid
more info at http://www.loserdomzine.com/

T-shirts and patches also available:
t-shirts are €7 and patches €1 each, more info see www.loserdomzine.com for style!
Stolen Sharpie Revolution 2: a DIY guide to zines and zine culture is ready for PREORDER!

Since 2002 Stolen Sharpie Revolution has been the ultimate guidebook to all things zine related. This little red book is stuffed with information about zines. Things you may know, stuff you don’t know and even stuff you didn’t know you knew for the beginner to the experienced zinester. Stolen Sharpie Revolution consists of how-to guides on a variety of topics from layout to book binding to paper making, resources online and off, where to find zines, information about zine libraries, how and where to get your zine distributed, reviewed and more!

For 2009 Stolen Sharpie Revolution has been completely rewritten and expanded to 144 pages with new a layout and includes the previous information, updated resource listings for stores, distros, zine events and zine libraries. It will also contain all new sections on zines in academics and education, a guide to the US postal system, what to do at a zinefest, how to start a zine fest, lots of internet resources, and more!

This book has everything you need to get started creating your own zine or to figure out what to do with the zine you already made. Stolen Sharpie Revolution 2 can serve both as an introduction into the wide world of zine culture, and the next step to being a part of it.

Stolen Sharpie Revolution 2: A DIY Guide to zines and zine cultures is now ready for PRE-ORDER! Orders will be shipped in Mid April.

Here's how to get your own copy:

*At at book store or library request the book by title or by this ISBN: 978-0-9817941-0-5

*by mail n the U.S.A:

Put $7 in an envelope and send it here:

Stolen Sharpie Revolution
c/o Lunchroom Publishing
P.O box 17230
Portland, Oregon
97217 USA

*In Canada: $8US postage paid

*Rest of the world: $10US postage paid

*If you use Paypal send to this address: brainscanzineATgmailDOTcom
In the US: $7.50
In Canada: $8.50
rest of the world: $11

*Order from my web site

Small World Buttons

*Order from my Etsy Shop

Copies will be sent to distros and libraries in late April. Get in touch for wholesale rates if you would like to PREORDER copies for your store or distro: brainscanzineATgmailDOTcom

Stolen Sharpie Revolution is printed with vegetable based inks on 100% recycled paper and bound with animal free glue.
Cranky Buddha # 7 is 64 pages of crazy nonsense from the annals of history, with features on Feral Children, Diogenes the Cynic, and Hobo Literature. It also includes the full text of Calamity Jane's autobiography (she wasn't especially wordy), and all sorts of other odd-but-true goofiness.

Copies are two bucks (well-concealed cash) to:

Danny Swank
2262 SE 39th Ave
Portland, OR
USA

Or, if you'd prefer not to deal with me directly, they can be ordered from PanurgePress.com.
The newest issue of American Gun Culture Report is out, with writing on violence, self defense and politics by an Oregon anarchist, Connecticut libertarian, Washington communist and a whole lot more. Get a better idea of what's going on at www.americangunculturereport.com or check out the brief video intro to agcr at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1RaBEM0GuY

"lunarcy" is an existential tale of our lonely lunar neighbor. Sixteen pages of moonly madness for only a buck. Includes a custom caption on the back cover. Quarter-sized, black and white, printed on nice paper and collated/folded/stapled by hand.

$1.50 shipped via paypal to josh (underscore) blair (at) fuse (dot) net or order on etsy.

REASSESS YOUR WEAPONS
To buy in the UK, see the paypal button at: http://www.myspace.com/colouringoutsidethelines (£2 postage paid)

For international buyers, please see: http://www.cotl.etsy.com

If you're in Leeds, I'm gonna be like a bag lady over the coming month, with stashes of zines on my person, so do grab one from me (£1.50 each)

They'll soon be availabe from the following UK distros too:
Richochet! Ricochet!, Dear Soeurs, Marching Stars, Manifesta.

All the details:

Reassess Your Weapons is a collective feminist/queer zine from Leeds, UK.

This issue (#10, March 2009) is the latetst one.

A5 zine, colour cover, 80plus pages.

This issue features:
A big section on Boundaries,
Poetry by Jackie Hagan,
Mattilda Bernstein Sycamore's 'LostMissing' project,
Grassroots Feminism website,
Short stories by Carissa Halston,
Interviews with those whose jobs don't suck,
Queer Control Records,
How to make a bag garden,
Writing by Wendy-O Matik,
Recommendations,
Plus more.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service