We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 10959

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

New issue of my zine out here in the UK
called Lights Go Out
as per: www.myspace.com/lightsgooutpunkzine
it's £1.50 postage paid in UK
but i love to trade with people! 1 copy, 5 copies, 10 copies - come on let's do swapsies!

anyways, the new issue (number 4) features interviews with Strike Anywhere, Kid Carpet, Just Panic and Jet (the Gladiator from the 90's!). cd reviews, zine reviews, gig reviews, columns and random stuff.

drop me a line....please!
SYNDICATE PRODUCT 14/SYNDICATE CONSUMPTION 2008
$3 / 40p - Available at Syndicate Product Covert HQ Etsy Store

**** WINTER SALE - all zines 1/2 price at the SPCHQ store! ****

After publishing reading logs in 2005 and 2008 under the title "Time Enough At Last", early in 2008 I began logging all my media consumption completely as possible.

I kept the log chronologically during the year, so therefore this zine is arranged monthly. The only exception is "Television", which has its own section. Notes on nomenclature: All comics, graphic novels, minicomix, and collected books of individual comics are all labeled "S.A." for "sequential art". The term "sequential art" was first defined by Will Eisner as "...the arrangement of pictures or images and words to narrate a story or dramatize an idea" (in Eisner’s Comics and Sequential Art, 1985). "Film" is used to label motion pictures viewed in a theater, on DVD or videotape, or through coaxial cable. "Music" includes live, recorded, and streaming forms.

Portaging in Purgatory Issue 2
quarter size, 28 pages perzine
Available on my etsy
www.hotweinerdog.etsy.com
Trades welcome!

This is about what makes me happy, working, being 7 years old, things my mom dragged me through, feminism, and periods.

Issue one of "You're the Best.....Around!!!" is out now. The first zine ever dedicated to the giddy world of Kids in Sports Film (KiSF), where the Karate Kids, the Mighty Ducks, and the Bad News Bears reign supreme. Each issue is devoted to investigating the merits and demerits of a particular Kids in Sports Film, in this case, "Kicking and Screaming" starring Will Ferrell. Join us as we unpick the characterisation, the dialogue, the subtle subtext of the film, and the sartorial travesty that is the team uniforms. No stone is left unturned in our attempt to get to the true heart of these films. This issue includes an interview with My Dad Is Dead's Mark Edwards and a fantastically simple recipe for chocolate bananas.

This issue is 20 pages at A5 size and costs, let's say, £1 in UK, $2US international (that includes postage folks!). Paypal to patsydecline@gmail.com.
I am also amenable to trades, so if you want, send me a message and we can swap paper.

If there are any distros who are interested, feel free to get in touch and I can send a sample copy.
Cheers,
Billy
Hi there,
Just wanted to let everyone know that the third issue of my zine is ready! I haven't mailed it out to distros yet, so for the time being, the third issue is only available through me. Go to Shotgun Seamstress on MySpace to buy a copy.

E-mail me at shotgunseamstress@gmail.com if you'd like to trade or if you don't have any cash.

Scans of pages from Issues 2 & 3 are on my We Make Zines page.

Issues 1 & 2 are currently available from Microcosm Publishing.

new ricochet ricochet only 80p (thats like 2 dollars) email for buying/trade/distro: ricochetricochet[at]hotmail.co.uk

cover by elm, stuff about the usual; gays, camberwell, more run ins with gays, oh also a nice cd of some bands that played my house:

Zine World #27 is now available! Often called the best review zine being published in the U.S., Zine World is an extensive guide to zine culture. Zine World is produced by an all-volunteer staff and contains 200+ reviews plus loads of other information, resources, and tips for zine publishers and readers.

4 bucks (or $5 Canada/$7 overseas).
Send cash, stamps, or money order payable to Jerianne to:
Zine World
PO Box 330156
Murfreesboro TN 37133-0156

Details about this new issue over at our website.

Sidewords issue #1 is finished!
12 pages, color, poorly photocopied at home.

This issue contains reviews, doodles, and music suggestions, and some things useful especially for people in Upstate NY and Orono, ME.

To request a copy, email sidewordszine@gmail.com with necessary mailing information. As I do not yet have a PO Box or PayPal account, copies are free for the time being, as long as you're in the USA or Canada. Hooray!
Didn't discover this thread until just now. Anyway:

Candy or Medicine Volume Six features sixteen pages featuring Japanese artist Ariko "Inomi" Kitsu illustrating a Detective Dick Kirkpatric tale, British artist Rob Jackson depicts a vending machine's darkest desire, mini-comic veteran Brien Wayne Powell offers an exclusive Magnet Man strip, up-and-comer Jason Viola presents "Shorty Caboo," grade school legal consultant, Nick Marino and Pete Borrebach collaborate on a fatal adventure to the Panama Canal, Lydia Conklin provides two gag strips and Canadian artist Patrick Morgan's two comics feature Blobby, who's kind of like the Blob, only funnier. Could this be the funniest issue yet? Cover by British manga artist Naniiebim.

Just $1.50 shipped or trade. Visit www.candyormedicine.com to order.
Photobucket

Introvert #6 is a 1/4 sized perzine 32 pages long. It is text heavy and covers the topic of losing my 4 month old nephew to SIDS. It deals with death, grieving, and healing.

If you are interested in reading Introvert #6 there are a couple ways to obtain a copy:

- Wait for my distro http://www.clickclackdistro.com to open, it should be just a couple of weeks.

- Pay Pal $1.75 USA or $2.25 world to nicole.introvert@gmail.com

- Send $1.50 or equivalent in stamps to Nicole Introvert P.O. Box 35501 Richmond, VA 23235 USA

- Prearrange an equivalent trade. - nicole.introvert@gmail.com

first mini issue of nymphoids survival guide. a 12-page zine that focuses on alcohol: the experience, some cocktails, a story by Chantel G., and a lot more. you can either leave a comment on my page or email me at ianswer@live.com if you are interested.
Hey Coolsters,

It's new issue time!!!

Issue #9

It would be far too crass to call this the SEX issue, so we've called it the 'Procreation Issue' instead to save your blushes! But yeah, it's about mufty mufy, rumpty pumpy, rooty tooty and whatever else you might want to call making the beast with two backs. But of course there's more than just stuff about making babies, there's also an interview with chap of the moment Frank Turner, a bunch of zine and cd reviews, some mad stuff we nicked from elsewhere.

The other good news is that the cover price has dropped to just a quid, in these crunchy credit times you've gotta admit that's something of a bargain! So by buying Beat Motel 09 you'll be doing your part to drag this country out of recession, if you don't, well then we'll all blame you when we're rioting in the streets and queuing all day just to buy a loaf of bread. Now why would you do that to us? What did we ever do to hurt you? Buy Beat Motel, you'll feel better for it, and it's such a worth cause it may even count towards your community service hours, honest!

[wolf-whistles, makes a cat noise, imitates a bed squeaking, purrs, pants, barks, howls, twiddles his lips] "Hubba hubba!"

Pay by Card
Click the button below the cover on the right to buy

Pay by Coinage
Stick £1.50/ $3.50/ €2.50 (post paid) to a bit of card and lob it in the post to the address below.

Beat Motel
PO BOX 773
Ipswich
IP1 9FT
ENGLAND

Beat Motel Issue #7
£1.00
€1.50
US$2.00
AUS$2.00

Buy Beat Motel online - http://tinyurl.com/BeatMotel09

CONTRIBUTORS
Your copies will be with you any day now!

LABELS
If we featured more than one of your release you'll get your copy in the post soon, if you've had nowt after a week or so get in touch!

Also, the survey is still open, so go and take it!

Zine Survey

www.beatmotel.co.uk/survey

Until the next time...

Andrew Culture
[Beat Motel]

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service