We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 12210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So, this is (I think) my first post. I JUST now (they're literally printing at this moment) finished the first zines I have made in probably close to 10 years. I'm currently printing the 1st and then scanning and printing the other two (getting them ready for the Chicago Zine Fest next weekend). The zines I have ready to trade/sale are:

Bad Wolf Girl #1 - This is the first issue of my Doctor Who fanzine. It covers some random topics like my thoughts on River Song, how I want them to bring back David Tennant and Billie Piper in season 8 (and exactly how it could be done), reviews of my favorite episodes from series 1 and 2 (of the new series) and a recipe for Gluten Free Fish Fingers and Vegan Custard. Plus a few other odds and bits. It's 1/2 sized, 10 pages., fairly text heavy. $3 shipped (in the US for other countries you can email for prices). It's also available for trade. 

Robotic Expression #1 - Perzine with varying vague themes. Issue #1 is loosely about undiagnosed autism. It's 1/4 sized, 34 pages. $3 shipped (in the US) or trade. 

Letter Box #1 - the first issue of my mail themed zine. Issue #1 is about subscription boxes. It's 1/4 sized, 34 pages. $3 shipped (in the US) or trade. 

Upcoming zines will be the first edition of my Doctor Who Primer, a multi-volume zine that features an introduction to the show (both classic and new), its characters, terms and an episode guide. Robotic Expression #2 - which will be about lists and Letter Box #2 which will be about penpals. 

All of my zines are typed text, cut and paste layout, scanned into the computer at home, arranged in a PDF file and printed on a laser printer at home.

Note on prices - I'm just trying to make sure the cost covers supplies and shipping. I think I estimated correctly (seems about equal or less than prices I've paid for zines of the same size). If you feel otherwise please let me know. I'm open to suggestions. 

Email me at roboticexpression@gmail.com if you're interested in a purchase or trade. :)  

Glad to know I'm not the only crazy person who goes nearly a decade without making any zines, then signs up for a zine fest and rushes to make three different ones all at the same time! :)

Love Me, Love My Belly: a body image zine. Released this past week! | available from WLH @ Etsy

LMLMB is a 60 page, half-size, body image zine. Issue no. 1 combines the work of 6 essayists, 6 poets and 2 artists, all exploring the subject of the human body. From the website: “Love Me, Love My Belly is an annual print zine dedicated to the acceptance of self and imperfection as beauty. It’s about the space between us, our differences, our scars, our wobbly bits, and our power as it relates to the bodies we live in.

Contributors: Abigail Bautista, Cathy Bryant, Patricia Budd, Valentina Cano, Alexandra Caselle, Suzanne C. Cole, Shawna Ervin, Camille Griep, Susan Grier, Catherine Lanser, Amasa Guy Larkins, Nicci Mechler, Danial Powers, and Melissa Wiley.

Excerpt from “Naked Ladies” by Camille Griep:

And it’s true: we really are beautiful. The fat ones and the skinny ones. The dark ones and the light ones. The ones with the big black bushy bushes and the ones with the sparkling navel rings. The ones with the muffin tops and the ones with the sagging hips. The ones with perfect, bobbing breasts and the woman with just one breast, paired with a scar bigger than my outstretched hand.

Hey guys I just finished my new zine called (Zeek speaks # 1). a 16 page zine with hand drawn pictures of my cat zeek. written from his perspective his thoughts, feelings, rants, and everyday cat stuff. Up for trade for a limited time also the first couple people who trade get some hand drawn stickers. I hand drew them then scanned and printed them out.

Miss Sequential #6: Winter Thoughts is now available! It's a 16-page zine of drawings and writing about things I have been thinking about this winter--nothing too serious, it's all happy and humorous. Available for $2.00 plus postage via my etsy shop.

Hej all, 

I'm new here and new to zine publishing. Here is the first issue of my first attempt with some help from friends. Its a zine containing Vegan recipes, Music and a look at some photographers and artists.  

you can get in on my etsy shop: here

https://www.etsy.com/no-en/listing/183000046/rough-beans-vegan-food...

thanks

I've never really publicized my zines, just have quietly attended Canzine West, which usually amounts to a hill of beans but is still rather fun as long as you have a flask tucked in your pocket.

I have a few things on various distros like Sweet Candy and Antiquated Futures, but now ...da na na!...here is an Etsy store:

"House Finch Zines"

A bunch of solidly-written, lengthy, funny/smart good ol' fashioned zines. Perfect for long bus rides or sunny park benches. Thanks, I love you all!

The latest, OPTOGRAM, is a hundred damn pages for three (3!) dollars.

Who knows what the caged bird thinks...?

Life and death, love and loss...we have all been there.

The Man Called Uncle Tim #1

This is the first in a series of zines about my uncle who died in 1995 and who I never really knew. In collaboration with members of my family, I try to understand how he lived and loved in a polyamorous queer Quaker intentional community in rural Ohio.

Half comic book; half zine, issue #1 features oral history with my Grandma and a brief introduction to Quakerism in the US. A5, 32 pages, two color (blue and black) riso printed throughout with over 30 original illustrations. Printed by Footprint Workers Co-op in Leeds, England.

Free riso printed bookmark with every zine! Available here.

Once again, The Last Word is busting its butt to churn out another issue, and this is a special one. It's a "PLANES, TRAINS, AND BUSES" edition!!!

That's right, peepos! This ish is all about mass transport - including a recent bus trip from hell! While much of this edition is a mind-blowing critique of the likes of Greyhound and Delta, there's so much more! There's even another hilarious poo-poo story!

So point your pooper here...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/217153501/The-Last-Word-4-2014

Just finished my first zine in EIGHT YEARS!!! Been working on this for months and am very happy with how it turned out, so I hope you'll all give it a look. (Scrambling to finish another two before the Brooklyn Zine Fest on 4/26, so expect me to post about those shortly.)

Here's the description from Etsy....

Some Notes on Film, Vol. 1

Debut issue! Eight essays on various films and on film, filmmaking, and art in general. Features original illustrations as well as film stills.

I started Some Notes on Film as a way of encouraging myself to articulate my free floating thoughts about the films I watch. Instead of writing reviews, I try burrowing into specifics: particular themes, motifs, aesthetic choices. I’m writing from the perspective of a filmmaker, and so the observations I make are usually somehow related to me thinking through my own practice.

Topics for this issue include:
- Steve Martin's goofy tenderness in The Jerk
- Josh Safdie's microbudget indie The Pleasure of Being Robbed (as seen on the cover)
- Brian Eno's idea of art as a "trigger for experience" (and why I don't like it)
- Robert Altman's The Long Goodbye and Renaissance painter Pieter Bruegel
- Ain't Them Bodies Saints compared to Terrence Malick's Badlands
- Billy Wilder's The Apartment and physicality in screenwriting
- the difficulty of portraying digital life in movies
- plus a lengthy intro essay on the differences between zines and blogs

Half-sized
56 pages
Black and white
Card-stock cover
Saddle-stitched (stapled)

You can pick up a copy for $4.25 on my Etsy shop.

Hi all,

Hope all is as well as can be.

Mishap #33 is done and available for free. Send me a mailing address and I'll send one out--trades more than welcome.

#33 is a book review special for the 20th anniversary of the title. It includes a rousing argument for the value of fiction, multiple book reviews from a variety of angles, a story, and some lovely photos from trips around the West/Southwest of the U.S.

Thanks,

Ryan

PO Box 5841

Eugene, OR 97405

usa

mishapzine@yahoo.com

Hi all,

I have just published the second issue of the Ripple Rock zine called Ripple Rock #2 - Kings of Punk, Hockey and Beer.

Here are the interviews included in the second issue of the zine:

John Darnielle (The Mountain Goats)
Swampland
Joe Keithley (D.O.A.)
Scott Hedeen (Burnt Hickory Brewery)
Ville Törhönen (Beer expert)
Boyd Devereaux (Detroit Red Wings, Edmonton Oilers, Phoenix Coyotes, Elevation Recordings, etc)
Chris Parker (The Chain Letters)
Robert Scott (The Clean, The Bats, etc)
Jill Kossoris (The Shivvers)

Plus articles on Jay Reatard and the Milwaukee 1973-82 punk scene.

If you are interested you can check out both issues of the zine here: http://ripplerockzine.bigcartel.com/ or you can email ripplerockradio[at]gmail[dot]com. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service