We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 13744

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mike (Damn) Nobody – “Beginner’s Luck” Is Now Available

A mix of projects from the past, present, and future:

Name your own price for the Digital Download Version!

It includes the audio portion of the zine and a PDF of the printed portion.

Other surprise extras are included with the Limited Microedition Cassettezine version, packaged in a baby food jar.

Only 50 copies are made.

Not available from stores or distros.

I am asking $6.00 PPD in USA.

I'll have to check postage rates for elsewhere.

Buy at the Bandcamp link above with PayPal (preferred) and get the digital download free.

Money Order or Well-Hidden Cash (at-your-own-risk) can also be sent to: 

Ronnie Sullivan

(aka Mike Nobody)

P.O. BOX 1201

TAYLOR, MI 48180 USA

(I may trade. But, ask first.)

Happy Valentine's Day!
Time VI: Lovers is out! http://verdad.cc/

Words and images on Lovers by: Emanuel Charles, Zachary Scott Hamilton, Roberto Vodanovic, Huda Azzis, Alex Elizabeth, Jūratė Gačionytė, Chelsea Limbird, Itsuki Fujii, Ai Oë, and A. Verdade.

<3

New zine alert!!

Dude Diligence is an art zine in reaction to online dating; in that it takes the form of a fortune teller/cootie catcher, it's also a game!

You can get yourself a copy for $4 + postage via my etsy shop. Thanks for looking!

Thar she blows! East Village Inky issue no 54.

Here is is on etsy.

And here's a wee bit more infoon the zine, its history, and back issues.

This is the first time in the zine's history that the illustrations are primarily photographs. Switching it up. Gettin' 'er done.

Hey guys, just released my first zine, Lovers & Other Strangers. It's an art/lit zine featuring short stories inspired by found photos that I've collected over the years. If you're interested, I'm offering a free PDF version of our first issue for one week only. Ending on Sunday, March 2nd. The file is shared via dropbox. Hope you like it!

Do you like zines? Do you like pictures of dogs doing people things? Then you might like my new zine!

Ways in which I am like my dog - 12 pages, 1/4 sized, full colour - 50p with free worldwide shipping when purchased at www.catherineelms.co.uk.  Am also up for selected trades!

It's all about my dog Toby and ways in which we’re very similar (e.g. “we love snuggling up in comfy places”).  Includes text and photographs, all handmade with love.

The Last Word is back! (Circus Vargas, Circus Vargas!)

That's right, peoplefaces. The March edition is now pub, and it talks about these amazing topics...

• A Catholic elementary school's support of far-right websites.

• The decline of Brossart's approval ratings.

• The coolness of old cartoons.

• A sheriff's ongoing erratic behavior.

• People eating supermarket food without paying for it.

• The best cities for Road Scholaring.

• The bugs that afflicted Atari BASIC.

So beep, meep, and oggle-peep...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/211493145/The-Last-Word-3-2014

Hey guys,

Some friends and I just finished our bi-monthly photozine PACIFIC DISSENT. You can download it for free at www.pacificdissent.com or follow our instagram for a feed of rad photos @pacificdissent

Let us know what you think!

Attachments:

So, this is (I think) my first post. I JUST now (they're literally printing at this moment) finished the first zines I have made in probably close to 10 years. I'm currently printing the 1st and then scanning and printing the other two (getting them ready for the Chicago Zine Fest next weekend). The zines I have ready to trade/sale are:

Bad Wolf Girl #1 - This is the first issue of my Doctor Who fanzine. It covers some random topics like my thoughts on River Song, how I want them to bring back David Tennant and Billie Piper in season 8 (and exactly how it could be done), reviews of my favorite episodes from series 1 and 2 (of the new series) and a recipe for Gluten Free Fish Fingers and Vegan Custard. Plus a few other odds and bits. It's 1/2 sized, 10 pages., fairly text heavy. $3 shipped (in the US for other countries you can email for prices). It's also available for trade. 

Robotic Expression #1 - Perzine with varying vague themes. Issue #1 is loosely about undiagnosed autism. It's 1/4 sized, 34 pages. $3 shipped (in the US) or trade. 

Letter Box #1 - the first issue of my mail themed zine. Issue #1 is about subscription boxes. It's 1/4 sized, 34 pages. $3 shipped (in the US) or trade. 

Upcoming zines will be the first edition of my Doctor Who Primer, a multi-volume zine that features an introduction to the show (both classic and new), its characters, terms and an episode guide. Robotic Expression #2 - which will be about lists and Letter Box #2 which will be about penpals. 

All of my zines are typed text, cut and paste layout, scanned into the computer at home, arranged in a PDF file and printed on a laser printer at home.

Note on prices - I'm just trying to make sure the cost covers supplies and shipping. I think I estimated correctly (seems about equal or less than prices I've paid for zines of the same size). If you feel otherwise please let me know. I'm open to suggestions. 

Email me at roboticexpression@gmail.com if you're interested in a purchase or trade. :)  

Glad to know I'm not the only crazy person who goes nearly a decade without making any zines, then signs up for a zine fest and rushes to make three different ones all at the same time! :)

Love Me, Love My Belly: a body image zine. Released this past week! | available from WLH @ Etsy

LMLMB is a 60 page, half-size, body image zine. Issue no. 1 combines the work of 6 essayists, 6 poets and 2 artists, all exploring the subject of the human body. From the website: “Love Me, Love My Belly is an annual print zine dedicated to the acceptance of self and imperfection as beauty. It’s about the space between us, our differences, our scars, our wobbly bits, and our power as it relates to the bodies we live in.

Contributors: Abigail Bautista, Cathy Bryant, Patricia Budd, Valentina Cano, Alexandra Caselle, Suzanne C. Cole, Shawna Ervin, Camille Griep, Susan Grier, Catherine Lanser, Amasa Guy Larkins, Nicci Mechler, Danial Powers, and Melissa Wiley.

Excerpt from “Naked Ladies” by Camille Griep:

And it’s true: we really are beautiful. The fat ones and the skinny ones. The dark ones and the light ones. The ones with the big black bushy bushes and the ones with the sparkling navel rings. The ones with the muffin tops and the ones with the sagging hips. The ones with perfect, bobbing breasts and the woman with just one breast, paired with a scar bigger than my outstretched hand.

Miss Sequential #6: Winter Thoughts is now available! It's a 16-page zine of drawings and writing about things I have been thinking about this winter--nothing too serious, it's all happy and humorous. Available for $2.00 plus postage via my etsy shop.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service