We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 12255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am very interested in trading for Signals / Paper Radio ...

Rob Bowen said:

Printaissance #4 : The Fall of the American Empire is new available!

The fourth issue is a socio-political lit zine which uses historical accounts, modern day headlines, poetry, angry hippie insights and more to compile this ranty look at the parallels in the fall of Rome and the looming fall of the 'American' Empire. It is titled The Fall of the American Empire as a foreshadowing, and foreboding, hint at this possible future that it seems the United States is barreling towards. This issue is certainly an opinionated romp through the darker side of our country and is not for the faint of heart.

Issue 4 (41 half page pages / available for trade)

These are the two zines I created this year.They were each released already but have been repackaged and reprinted.

Brainscan #27
A tiny zine that reads like a snapshot. 1/12 legal sized (3"x4") 28 page mini zine, A single story wrapped in photocopier art. This zine takes place in an elevator between a 9th floor divorce lawyer and the ground and a bike ride home. It explores disappointments and the human inability to consider endings.

"We rode 9 stories down in silence like shedding 9,000 stories of our own"

Brainscan #28
1/6th legal (4.25" square) 28 pages with color covers and color fold outs. This is my 24 hour zine for 2011. It was created in 24 hours at the Independent Publishing Resource Center. The theme was to answer the question "what do you do?" I explored the fact that most people want to know how you make money. I have a sort of strange income to some people so this will answer the question. I also talk about the cats that live in my house and how I have learned to love cats, even though I always thought I was a dog person. I also answer the question "how long have you and Paul been together?" in a fold out time line that includes color photos of us from years past.

This was originally sent to the people who sponsored me in the 24 hour zine challenge. also made 50 copies to trade at the Portland Zine Symposium. After the sleep deprivation of creating a 24 hour zine I wasn't sure if wanted it to be an issue of Brainscan. I decided to go for it and after a bit of tweaking and reformatting I'm re-releasing it as Brainscan 28.

You can get a copy of this at my Etsy Shop

Paypal $4 to alex(AT)smallworldbuttons(DOT)com

You can send $4 to:

Alex Wrekk

5307 N Minnesota Ave.

Portland, Oregon 97217

I will also be at the Richmond Zine Fest in October if you wanna pick on up there.

Syndicate Product 20 / The Meta-Comics Issue
44pg / Digest / $4 US

In this Meta-Comics issue, contributors write and draw about what goes into making their comics, why they read comics, creating comics as a form of therapy, trying to adapt favorite novels into comics, favorite creators and long lost characters and imprints, memories of first comic books and dusty comic book stores, some favorite writers and artists, comics used as comfort during childhood (and adulthood), and finally reading those “racy” comics that they peeped at as a teen but never actually purchased. There are a few first-time Syndicate Product contributors in this issue: Alisa Harris, William Brian MacLean, and Dan Shoemaker. You’ll recognize many regulars as well: JB Winter, Delaine Derry Green, Andrew Wales, Andrew Coltrin, Mike Faloon, Davida Gypsy Breier, Jen McCleary, Ken Bausert, Sean Stewart, Eric Lyden, Steve Bojanowksi, and Juleigh Howard-Hobson.

Get a copy through my Etsy Storefront!

Inaddition to the Meta-Comics issue (above), I also completed the Q3 2011 consumption log! 24 pages, 1/4 legal vertical, only $1! Order it from my Etsy Shop!

I've just released my first zine...please take a look at it on

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SnowBlacksShop

Snow Black is a paper doll dress hoarder with snow white skin.
This zine features 6 paper doll adventures taken from her blog:
http://snowblacksdresses.blogspot.com/
...plus one paper doll drawn exclusively for the zine.
7 paper dolls for you to cut out and dress!
Hand drawn and rendered on photoshop.
Chapter one contains 30 full colour pages printed on white paper, then signed and stitched together by Snow Black.

Welcome to issue 1 and 2 of my 3 part, FREE, zine release. ‘Screw Your Zine’ spawned from my encounter with a zine-maker that turned in to playground politics. The theme develops and extends through all three issues.

***PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TITLE IS IN RESPONSE TO THE ACTS OF AN INDIVIDUAL - I DO NOT WISH TO SCREW ANYONE ELSE'S ZINE***

If you would like a free copy of both issues please send an A4 or A5 stamped addressed envelope to 15 John Pritchard House, Buxton Street, London, E1 5AS

New Zine Temporal Grace #1 out featuring A part of the BDSM story Pushing Pixel. Also has Cthulhu Knows Best Comix!

Check it out in my Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/DirtyGeisha?section_id=10625487

<3

Lola.

Copies of the Crazed Mazes #2 are finally available for sale!
20 pgs./ Full color cover/ 8 x 10.5

$4 US (ppd.)/ $5 Canada and Mexico/ $6 Int'l
Send cash, check, or money order to:
Myron Smith
PO Box 354
Ridgeway, VA 24148.

All copies come in a poly bag and backing board for protection!

Sorry, I can't do trades on this one due to printing costs. However I am still willing to trade copies of Crazed Mazes #1 (20 page preview) which is basically a less fancy version of Crazed Mazes #1.

I didn't know where else to put this, but, I am on a radio show.  right now!

break thru radio

The Cenacle | #78 | October 2011 *Just Released*

Hi everyone,

The new issue is just out!

Download link: http://www.scriptorpress.com/cenacle/79.html
[Size = 3.3 MB]

The contents of this new issue include:

• “Travel to Belize” journal by Charlie Beyer
  • Poetry by Ric Amante, Tom Sheehan, Martina Newberry, Judih Haggai, & Raymond Soulard, Jr.
  • New fixtion by Raymond Soulard, Jr.
  • Classic essay by Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Excerpt from Acid Christ  by Mark Christensen
  • Photography by Walter Smith, & also by Kassandra & Raymond Soulard, Jr.
  • From Soulard’s Notebooks commentary
  • Notes from New England by Raymond Soulard Jr.

As always, we seek new contributors to join in the fun. If you write, take pictures, draw, etc., there is a place for you if you wish it.

Email comments to this post—or reply to me directly at editor@scriptorpress.com

Peace,
Raymond

Today I have printed my short photoshop collage rag titled Naked Victorian Babes in Space. It does exactly what it says on the tin. Check it out. Sent a stamped addressed envelope to 15 John Pritchard House, Buxton Street, London, E1 5AS

First time posting here. Just wanted to announce that the first issue of my zine, Chainsaw Vertebra, has been published and is for sale now. Thanks for looking.

Some Details:

20 pages in length.

Black n' white.

Features drawings, collages, poetry and short stories by me Sean Andress.

Size: A5 with saddle stitching up the spine.

Price: $2.00 (FREE US shipping)

Buy: www.SeanAndress.Etsy.com or Paypal at SeanAndress@yahoo.com

Published bi-monthly (or close to it).

More info at: www.1777Publishing.Blogspot.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service