We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 13771

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just finished my split zine with Mrs. Noggle!  *Celebrity Obsessions*

You get 2 zines for the price of one :)

Available for trade or purchase ($2.00 www.blambert1.etsy.com)

Mini zine #2 - Oh For The Love of Music!  is now available for purchase or trade.

www.blambert1.etsy.com

Check it out – a new issue of All I Want is Everything, finished just in time for the end of International Zine Month!

This half-size zine, subtitled “Travels With Myself and Another,” is a collection of personal essays written over a six-month period of my life when I traveled all around the United States with my husband.  Join me as I feel overwhelmed with awe and envy in New York City, battle seasickness while traveling from Key West to the Dry Tortugas in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico, am less than impressed by the Hollywood sign but otherwise smitten with Los Angeles, lose money while smugly hating Las Vegas and have a crisis of non-faith in Salt Lake City, and more.

The zine is 44 pages and costs $2.50.  You can send me money via PayPal to saltonmyskin at gmail dot com, or you can buy it from Stranger Danger Distro.

All I Want is Everything #1 is still available from the following distros:

And if you ask nicely, I still have copies of I Was a Teenage Mormon available.

Not Afraid of Ruins #3 is finally done. Go go gadget sense of achievement. It's mostly about my adventures in Europe: squats, anarchist social centres, vegan eats, Jewish history, castles, books, bunnies, anxiety disorder etc. I'll put the pdf online when I have time but if you want a hard copy get in touch. I heart swaps.

Pieces #6: on commuting is now available for $3 or even trades. Even trades don't have to be just zines. They can include a smaller zine with a handwritten letter, postcard, photograph, or any other interesting paper bits.

This 86-page, 1/4 size zine is filled with photos and stories about my first month commuting to a job in Chicago via the South Shore electric line from Indiana. This journalesque issue picks up where Pieces 5 left off in terms of change, and touches on human isolation, connectivity, and transient strangers.

Please leave a comment on my profile or email me at nichole[at]illvision[dot]net if you are interested in a copy for yourself or distro consideration.

Free download or purchase a hard copy online... Thrice Fiction Magazine. Our second issue, themed "PERFECT" includes Ann Bogle, Robert Kroese and Left Coast icon Jack Foley. Cover design this issue is by Echo Chernik. check us out. Also issue #3 - due in November - will be themed "TIME." Issue #1 ("THE END") is also still available for download... iPad, PDF or buy a hard copy.

Impossibles issue three is done. It is my entry in the twenty four hour zine project.

Do you know some really, ultra-conservative Christian people with kids? Do you ever wonder what it's like for their children, growing up in that culture? This is my personal story about growing up in that culture as a girl, discovering punk, rebelling against traditional gender roles, and learning to live my life on my own terms.

Since my school is awesome, and I am in an especially magnanimous mood, I am going to give this zine away for free. No trades necessary...well, it would be nice, if you want to. ^_^ Leave a comment on my profile and I'll try to get back to you all as soon as I can.

LIttle Grrrl Lost & Found Issue No. 12 - Change is on the horizon is now available for purchase ($2) or trade.

www.blambert1.etsy.com

Zine is 1/2 page in size (40 pages) - longest zine I have made.  Contains writing about my changing life and relationships, a review of a fellow zinester, the lost art of pen palling and reviews of 2 music shows I attended (She Wants Revenge and You Hang Up).

Come check out Electric Windmill #1!

Electric Windmill is a zine created by two cool kids that puts out poems, cartoons, stories/fiction, photos (and more to come in the future! interviews, reviews, recipes, articles, etc.!)  from many different contributors. In this 40 page issue, we've got 30 pieces from 20 contributors!

You can get the issue online or in print. Online, you can get it for FREE as a PDF from http://electricwindmillpress.com/1.html by clicking "view PDF." If you don't already have Adobe Reader for viewing PDFs, you can download it for free at http://get.adobe.com/reader/.

If you're print-loving folk like we are, send $3 to PO BOX 45445, Seattle, WA 98145, or PayPal! You can use a credit/debit/visa gift card as a guest also, no need to be a PayPal member. We're also up for trades!

Also, stop by and say hello to us at our table at the Portland Zine Symposium next Saturday August 6th! We will have print copies available there as well.

Lastly, feel free to submit to us! Check out our guidelines to learn a bit more of what we're about, and just note that while the guidelines state two to four print issues per year, it's actually 12!

Hope to meet some of you guys at the zine symposium next weekend!

-Jess

Mantis Zine is a science zine I made with my 6-year-old son. It tells the story of our attempt to raise mantises, with photos and drawings for illustrations. 16 pages, mini, full-color. $2 to Jerianne, PO Box 3556, Portland OR 97208.

We also have copies of the zine we made last summer, Butterfly Zine, about observing caterpillars change into chrysalises and hatch into butterflies. It's also $2 (16p, mini, full-color). Will consider kid-friendly trades!

Paper Radio #7 

Hot off the press! Paper Radio #7 is half legal sized, and includes:

• A vintage & new interview with John Poet of shortwave station The Crystal Ship with info on the recent FCC bust
  • A memoir by Lee Widener about a unique experience following an Allman Brothers concert
  • Lee Widener's NeverEndingWonder internet radio station
  • The joys of vinyl records
  • DJ Little Danny's Office Naps blog
& more.
34 pages. Please send $4 Paypal (Please mark as personal gift) to
singinggrove@conknet.com 
Paper Radio will be continuing with an eighth issue later in 2011 or early in 2012. 
Thank you for your support for homegrown media! 

This is the first issue of my new perzine, Buy Her Candy. It's about adventures, civil partnerships and hairy ladies. 24 pages, quarter size.

Available from my etsy shop or get in touch for trades.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service