We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 13056

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LITTLE GRRRL LOST & FOUND ISSUE NO. 11 IS COMPLETE AND READY FOR PURCHASE AND/OR TRADE
Little Grrrl Lost & Found Issue No. 11 is full of fun and surprises!

This is a full size zine - a total of 40 pages in length.

This issue includes the following topics:

*National Record Store Day
*Grrrl Crushes
*Boys Who Break Our Hearts
*Self-Empowerment
*The Many Ways in Which I Sabotage my Relationships
*Pet Peeves
*Random Poetry
*The Lost Art of Paperdolls
*Inner Rantings

This is an issue that has a little bit of randomness to it and a whole lot of fun :)

I am brand new to the world of zines and mini comics. I just completed my first mini comic of which I hope will be many.

"Stranger Two Stranger" features stories of actual missed connections found on Craigslist from Detroit, Chicago, New York, and San Francisco. Stories range from the sweet to the strange. It is 16 pages and about 7x5 inches and all black and white. Price is $2.

Purchase information can be found here: http://strangertwostranger.tumblr.com/purchase

I have never traded before but I would be willing to trade for other mini comics if you are interested. Thanks!

Just finished Out of Context 2

I worked exceedingly hard on this zine, and am very proud of the way it came out. It's a perzine on topics that are important or significant to me and I share my opinions and experiences on things such as religion, childhood, mental health, feminism and gender prejudice, teen magazines, etc.

It is half sized and 52 pages. Black and white, copy and paste with very little computer text (most was typed on a typewriter). The images come from collective ephemera I have.

You can buy it currently for $4 or a trade (that will go into the zine library I founded).

Dear Musea Readers,
The new Musea issue is out. Issue #180, for May/June/July 2011, starts by spotlighting a series of 6 B/W photos of me playing in the box office by the gifted photographer, David McGhee - these you can only get in the print version - though I can offer one sample at
The rest of the issue is a discussion on new music ideas - time for a big change in music, don't you think? Well if you agree you will love these  musical innovations.
Get the issue from the usual stops in Dallas or, for US addresses, send me a request, or a trade, or an SASE, or for text only, everyone online can go to http://www.musea.us/may2011.html
Let me know what you think.
Tom Hendricks 
(editor of the 18 year old zine Musea)
ZINE, Named one of the best ZINES by UTNE magazine. Featured on ROCKETBOOM)
MUSIC, 5 full CD's of free Post-Bands Music)
BLOG for Musea, Art Contests, Weekly E-mail Messages)

News from Scriptor Press | #51 | May 20, 2011
*In this issue*

1.  The Cenacle | #77 | April 2011 | 16th Anniversary Issue
2.  Scriptor Press Sampler | #12 | 2010 Annual
3.  Jellicle Literary Guild Highlights -12/28/2010
4.  Within’s Within: Scenes from the Psychedelic Revolution Archives
5.  Burning Man Books becomes TransArtBooks (TAB)
6.  Labyrinthine / Many Musics Projects

Hello everyone,

1.     The Cenacle | #77 | April 2011 | 16th Anniversary Issue

Download link: http://www.scriptorpress.com/cenacle/77.html
[Size = 3.1 MB]

Can it be really 16 years of this literature & arts journal? I suppose the numbers add up, but it still seems strange. This new issue features what amounts to an all-star cast of the periodical’s recent contributors. Get it, print it up, or however you best enjoy, & dig deep in. Start anywhere, & keep going till you stop, smiling, provoked, worked out in mind & heart.

The contents of this new issue include:
·      Poetry by Joe Ciccone, Ric Amante, Tom Sheehan, Martina Newberry, Zannemarie Lloyd Taylor, & Raymond Soulard, Jr.
·      Interview with Judih Haggai & new poems
·      New fixtion by Raymond Soulard, Jr.
·      New language essay by Ralph Emerson
·      Letter on the death penalty by Jim Burke III
·      Classic fiction by Nathaniel Hawthorne
·      Psychedelics essay by Terence McKenna
·      Photography by Kassandra & Raymond Soulard, Jr.
·      From Soulard’s Notebooks commentary
·      Notes from New England by Raymond Soulard Jr.

2.     Scriptor Press Sampler | #12 | 2010 Annual

Download Link: http://www.scriptorpress.com/sampler/12_2010.html
[Size = 1.0 MB]

The Sampler has been coming out annually for a dozen years now, distilling the issues of The Cenacle for a given year into one chapbook of highlights. My thoughts this year are to distribute this periodical farther & wider than before, picking up the idea I had for it when it first began in 1999.

The contents of this new issue include:
·      Poetry by Joe Ciccone, Ric Amante, Tom Sheehan, Zannemarie Lloyd Taylor, Martina Newberry, & Raymond Soulard, Jr.
·      Fiction by G.C. Dillon & Horse Lampner, & fixtion by Raymond Soulard, Jr.
·      Language essay by Ralph Emerson
·      Letter by Jim Burke III
·      Essay on Wilhelm Reich by Alex Smith
·      Psychedelics essay by Dave King
·      J.D. Salinger tribute by Raymond Soulard, Jr.
·      Photography by Victor Vanek, & by Kassandra & Raymond Soulard, Jr.

3.     Jellicle Literary Guild Highlights 12/18/2010

Audio Highlights Download / Stream Link: http://www.scriptorpress.com/jellicleguild/12.18.2010.mp3
[Size = 90.4 MB]

KD and I welcomed Jim Burke III, Zannemarie Lloyd Taylor, and newcomer Catfish Rivers (aka Jeremy) for an epic evening of fun. By proxy, we had Ric Amante, Martina Newberry, Judih Haggai, David Hartley, and Chris Gose. The meeting ran from about 5 pm to 1 am. I was amazed in reviewing the meeting’s audio how much Art was shared!

Audio highlights include:
1.     Raymond – JG’s 22nd Anniversary Meeting intro
2.     Raymond – “Season of Lights” poem
3.     KD reads Tom Robbins’ Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
4.     Zannemarie Lloyd Taylor reads Tom Sheehan’s poetry
5.     Zannemarie Lloyd Taylor – Gluten-Free Guerilla Cooking Book
6.     Raymond with Catfish Rivers – “From Soulard’s Notebooks”
7.     Raymond gives intro to Chris Gose’s World’s Window
8.     Chris Gose – World’s Window (recording)
9.     Ric Amante reads poetry from near South Station Boston (recording)
10.  Zannemarie Lloyd Taylor reads from Toni Morrison’s Beloved
11.  Group Jam with Tibetan Book of the Dead, House of Leaves, and Beloved
12.  Raymond reads from JD Salinger’s “For Esmé—With Love & Squalor”
13.  Raymond – Memorial Tribute for JD Salinger
14.  JBIII & Zannemarie Lloyd Taylor – Neil Young medley
15.  Proxy reading for David Hartley of William Burroughs “A Thanksgiving Prayer”
16.  Martina Newberry – “Bad Manners” (video)
17.  Judih Haggai – Poetry (video)
18.  Zannemarie Lloyd Taylor – Gluten-Free Guerilla Cooking Book (continued)
19.  Raymond – Labyrinthine (excerpts)

4.     Within’s Within: Scenes from the Psychedelic Revolution Archives

Archives link: http://scriptorpress.com/withinswithin.html

I began doing this radio show in 1999, locally at Radio Free Cambridge (R.I.P.), & beginning in 2000 at Allston-Brighton Free Radio (R.I.P.). After a time away, resumed doing this show in 2003 online at SpiritPlants Radio. Through moves that included Connecticut, Washington State, Oregon, & a return to Massachusetts, I kept on doing this show. Over the course of time, I built up an online show archives that, including recent additions, includes 178 of the show’s 380 episodes (and counting). I’d like to invite you to visit the show’s archives, read the show summaries, listen to some, download them if you wish. It’s a long time labor of love, and my pleasure to share the music, words, & other art I’ve featured on it.

5.     Burning Man Books becomes TransArtBooks (TAB)

Link: http://www.scriptorpress.com/nobordersbookstore.html

From 1999 to 2009, I prepared & brought the growing number of titles of the Burning Man Books series (KD began going with me in 2004) annually to the Burning Man Arts Festival in Black Rock City, Nevada. I, then we, called our project the No Borders Free Bookstore, & gifted thousands of chapbooks of poetry, prose, & artwork to people there. Since 2009, No Borders Bookstore has lived exclusively online.

Now I’ve decided to continue the series under the name TransArtBooks (funny little word play there) & find a new venue to continue the No Borders Bookstore aspect of this project. It’s taken awhile for me to get re-settled in Boston, & so the first TAB titles will not be coming until the summer of 2012. Until then, & of course beyond, I invite you to visit the above link & peruse the many, many good books that can be freely downloaded. You’ll find hours of good reading times just waiting there for you.

6.     Labyrinthine / Many Musics Projects

Labyrinthine link: http://www.scriptorpress.com/labyrinthine.pdf
Many Musics link: http://www.scriptorpress.com/manymusics/one.html

Labyrinthine & Many Musics, the former fixtion & the latter poetry, have been my major writing projects for about 5 years now. I’ve been posting new pages of each as they are published in The Cenacle. They can be read at the above links. I would greatly like more people to read these works, as they have been traveling with me for a long time now, & will continue to do so for a fair while to come.

KD & I very much hope you enjoy the new releases of these various projects. A lot of talented people have contributed their talents & time. Additionally, if you have an artistic skill, or would like to develop one, write to me, Perhaps we can collaborate on making this wish come to pass.

Email comments to this list by simply hitting “reply” to this email—or reply to me directly at editor@scriptorpress.com.

Peace,
Raymond

My friends and I just finished our fifth issue of Independent Underground. It's an art/lit zine. It's 8 inches x 11 inches and 28 pages long. It's $4-5, you decide. To order, send concealed money to:

Independent Underground

212 Rock Road

Hawthorne, NJ 07506

Be specific of which issue you want, because back issues are also available.

In a few months, our website will be completed, and you can order our zine and other products there. Also, please don't photocopy or steal artwork.

Attachments:

Hey zinesters, we just released a new issue of MONGREL ZINE. You can buy it at http://www.freewebstore.org/mongrelzine or check our website at http://www.mongrelzine.ca.

Here's the blurb:

MONGREL ZINE #10 + VOL. 10 CD COMP

Six months have breezed by since we released our last issue and we’re back with a new flipzine! Cartoonist Colin Upton gives us an in-depth history of underground comics over tea at his East Van apartment, Piero Ilov from Jack of Heart (France), considered the “chaos element” in Hell Shovel, thinks we’re crass, electronic artist with a new LP out on Goner Records Mr. Quintron gets paper thrown at him by little shits while working as a living exhibit at the New Orleans Museum of Art, Strange Attractor ponders the mystery of The Gruesomes’ wigs, Human Eye’s Johnny LZR waxes poetic on composers and astrophysics, and from Vancouver The Jolts and The Spreads, from Montreal Primitive Hands, Cherie French, and Shortpants Romance, The Shrapnelles from Calgary, retrospectives on ’60s garage band The Reekers & The Hangmen and ’70s punk band The Zellots, plus columns, reviews, and a SXSW Journal!

Included: Mongrel Zine No. 10 CD Comp with 25 mostly unreleased tracks from Indian Wars, Yung Mums, The Spreads, Strange Attractor, plus Quintron, The Reekers, Jack of Heart, Hell Shovel, LZR/LZR, Skip Jensen, and more! Click here for tracklist.

(102 pages, 6″ x 7.5″) CLICK TO BUY

Greetings!

We are Paper Monster Press, a literary art folio/zine based in the Philippines.

For our third (and sexiest) release, we aimed to recreate, redefine, and record the lazy, sexy, cool ambiance of trip hop and jazz.
The end-product is 24 pages of literary and visual art works reproduced through the classic method of Xeroxography. This is also the first release of Paper Monster Press with a compilation CD featuring 10 tracks of music inspired by trip-hop and jazz.

For inquiries, send us an email:
papermonsterpress@yahoo.com

Feel free to like and follow!
www.facebook.com/papermonsterpress
www.twitter.com/PaprMonstrPress

If interested in purchasing a copy, visit:
www.papermonsterpress.bigcartel.com

new..........................

my zine titled: hell's half (vol 1)

cardstock color cover, photocopied inner.

a conceptual collage of images, textures, ideas and sorts

... 16 pages with a fold-out insert.

sewn bound.

(sideways pic)....front and back cover

trade or $2+post email: deadhair (at) gmail (dot) com or message me thru here.

East Village Inky #47 reporting for duty!

IIn which a 46-year-old Hoos Yorker has much to teach you despite an utter lack of credentials, vocation and time!

Plus:
Empty Threats! 
Astounding Feats! 
Poorly Hand Drawn Hands!

one minor point of culinary business as pertains to the sourdough recipe: add 2 tablespoons more water to the sourdough "sponge" (ie, 1/2 C + 2 T H2O, not 1/2 C H2O)

Available on etsy, or by sending $3 cash (or the usual) to Ayun Halliday, PO Box 22754, Brooklyn NY 11202

An 8pager created as part of the NYPL's zine themed crafternoon, May 2011.

Celebrate 100 years of library loving - with stops in Juneau Alaska, Indianapolis Indiana, Evanston Illinois, Gasparilla Island Florida, Wellfleet MA, and of course NEW.YORK.fckn'CITY.

A perfect low budget gift for the special librarian (or library) in your life.

Relive the glory here.

Available on etsy 

Hey! Why not make a library zine of your own and send it to the New York Public Library's Zine Collection, in honor of the library's centennial?

Issue #3 of Reclusive Obscenities is now available.  Email me for trades or if you have any questions.
In this issue
  • Blackout Poetry
  • Anxiety, Depression & Suicide
  • Speak the VIRUS Podcast
  • grrrlVIRUS and Riot Grrrl
  • I've Been... Lists
  • Censoring Ourselves
  • Personal Interactions in the Zine Community
  • Zine Reviews

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service