We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 11984

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

NECRONOMICON #16

A manic depressive Yorkshire mans diary through watching nostalgic horror films. Obsessional, geeky, personal and humourous.

Paypal honestrabbit@hotmail.com
UK £1.50 (inc postage)
Europe £1.80
Worldwide £2.00

Happy to trade, especially in UK.

Features rantings and ravings about Deadly Spawn, The Brain, A Serbian Film, Human Centipede and much more....

Also available at Footprinters Zine Fayre, November 13th, 11am - 5pm. Leeds University, Leeds, UK.
Latest issue of Cats Teeth - 'the woman issue' - looks at boyish girls, femininity and upbringing, bits and bobs about nature and paganism,a dedication to Patti Smith, there's all sorts packed in, it closes with a few reviews of lesbian film/tv/literature.
Attachments:
my very first zine - a birthday present i made for myself and anyone interested :) email me at nabila.almashoor@gmail.com, and look out for a package with your zine & free goodies in your mailbox :) !

With USD $2 - You Get :
-Nail polish minizine (7cm x 11cm)
- Stickers / Postcard
- Mystery freebie

Each packaged is individually customized, crafted with love. All payments & shipping details will be emailed. Looking forward to your emails!

NAIL POLISH MINIZINE #01 | Nov 2010 |

Not Lonely #4
A6 (quarter) sized, 40 pages

The newest issue of my perzine is loosely based around lists of 4. I write about self-esteem, liking "old lady" things, bad habits, the joys of tea, going back on anti-depressants, things I like/dislike in books (as well as a longer list of my favourite books) & pets, amongst other rants & rambles. I wrote most of the zine on an old typewriter, some parts are handwritten & it's all made in cut & paste style with pretty and/or vintage images.

Please take a look at my profile page for details on how to get a copy.
Reclusive Obscenities Issue #2 - For the Love of Zines
Quarter Size - 30 pages
$3.00 or Trade

Issue Two is a quarter page zine where I discuss my love of zines. Why they’re important to me, why I create them, how they helped me find feminism, learn to cope with my anxiety better, and how they've even saved my life.

You can order the zine at my Etsy shop or email me for trades or other payment options (well concealed cash, paypal, etc)

14 pages long, black and white printed on pink paper, Pretty Pussy! is a minicomic piece on the topic of pubic hair grooming and body image.
Iv been working on it steadily for the past few weeks, had the idea in my head for forever. I wanted to do something feminine and uplifting, and heres what Iv come up with. Tips on hair removal and how to keep your skin clear afterwards of ingrown hairs and rash. While it is of course focused on women, all the tips would work just as well for men who want to shave. :)

Its my first ever zine so Id really like to get it out there! I would love to do some trades if anyone is interested.

Iv also listed it on my ArtFire account for 2.50$

http://www.artfire.com/users/eruanna
After a lot of effort - first of all in getting hold of the technology, and secondly in painstaking hours of typing, I am proud to present JOURNEYMAN 3 - THE ZX81 ISSUE!

Unlike my mainly-made-on-a-typewriter previous issues, this one was made entirely using a 1981-vintage Sinclair ZX81 computer, and printed using an Alphacom 32 thermal printer of similar age.

It's very difficult to type on a ZX81, and the computer is VERY limited in what it can do - this 16-page zine completely filled the 16K of memory I had available! It's all been made by setting up the pages on the screen and printing each screenful as it goes along. It's made out of a BASIC program over 400 lines long, that's stored using cassette tapes and takes about four minutes to load. :)

Anyway, in this issue, you have...

• Music and TV reviews
  • Why I like using old technology
  • Some graphics and patterns using the ZX81's awesome 64x44 pixel resolution!
  • Camera of the Month - the Olympus XA2
Here it is in its 11cm wide glory:

Note: the first few copies will be printed in blue like this, but once that particular roll of thermal paper runs out, further copies will be printed in slightly more conventional black. :) Please let me know if you're desperate for a blue copy - once that roll has gone, they will all be black...

Available for £1.50 in the UK, £2.00 by airmail to everywhere else in the world. Order using the appropriate button below - please ensure you choose the right postage option.

Sketchy Musings Book 1 by my friend Sarahnonymous

Also, poetry/prose zines:
"Notebook" and "Fill me up"
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sarahnonymous

We've wrapped up the eighth issue of Johnny America, a little 'zine of fiction, humor, and other miscellany. We're really happy with this one, and think it makes for perfect winter reading -- a little bit whimsical, a little bit sinister. 40 pages of fiction with a two-color silkscreen cover by Patrick Giroux and seven beautiful illustrations by John Lee, plus a 16-page mini-zine of mini-reviews slipped into the thread binding. $3, or trade.

Direct trades, cash, or check payable to Moon Rabbit Drinking Club & Benevolence Society to:
Johnny America
PO BOX 44-2001
Lawrence, KS 66044

Alternately, you can always order via our web store or find the new issue (in a couple of weeks) at at these fine retailers.
I would like to trade for my zine, the new issue has just come out. We'll Never Have Paris #7, Modern Fire.

Johnny America said:

We've wrapped up the eighth issue of Johnny America, a little 'zine of fiction, humor, and other miscellany. We're really happy with this one, and think it makes for perfect winter reading -- a little bit whimsical, a little bit sinister. 40 pages of fiction with a two-color silkscreen cover by Patrick Giroux and seven beautiful illustrations by John Lee, plus a 16-page mini-zine of mini-reviews slipped into the thread binding. $3, or trade.

Direct trades, cash, or check payable to Moon Rabbit Drinking Club & Benevolence Society to:
Johnny America
PO BOX 44-2001
Lawrence, KS 66044

Alternately, you can always order via our web store or find the new issue (in a couple of weeks) at at these fine retailers.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Issue #10 of Anatomical Heart is done!
It's about zine adventures, being a student nurse, and mental health.
40 pages / quarter size.
It's £1.50 in the UK or £2.50 anywhere else post paid. Paypal to bettieriot@gmail.com or get in touch for trades!
Little Grrrl Lost & Found Issue No. 7 is now available for trade and purchase. This is a special edition zine that focuses on the HOT topic of bullying among teens. The zine contains information on what constitutes bullying, the various forms of bullying, detail regarding cyber bullying, statistics, resources, and a special section dedicated to teens (how to handle bullies and what to do if you witness another student being bullied). The zine also contains a list of warning sigs for parents: How to tell if your child is being bullied and How to tell if your child is a bully.

The topic of bullying is very close to my heart. My daughter who is 14 has encountered some bullies at school and there was a time last year when she feared going to school because of these bullies who threatened to beat her up every day. This is a topic that deserves attention. Education is key in reducing and ultimately stopping bullying. Please refer this zine to anyone you know who may have children or teens or to those who work with children on a regular basis.

Zine is availavle for trade.

If you would like to purchase a copy please vising my etsy shop (www.blambert1.etsy.com). Zine sell for $2.00 (U.S. currency).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service