We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 12931

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This issue is all about 'characters', people that stand out for one reason or another - story poems about all kinds. The cover photo features a woman in a genie costume about to rub a magic lamp. Can anyone identify the woman in the photo?
Coded message - some of you who receive Musea issues by mail will get a special stamp - look for it.
Tom Hendricks
(editor of the 17 year old zine Musea)

Stephanos said:

SteveLarder begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting said:

I managed to complete a zine cliché and write about a Greyhound bus trip. I spent three days traveling and covered 2763 miles between Baton Rouge, LA to Portland, OR. I tried my best to do a whole lot of ignoring on the way but whether I liked it or not, ended up meeting some interesting folk. Next time I think I'll fly.

£1 in person, £1.70 w/ postage. Paypal to stevejipwit@hotmail.com or send concealed cash to -

Steve Larder begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Somerset House
Cherry Holt Lane
Sutterton
Boston
Lincs
PE20 2HU
UK

Awesome!

Double Awesome!
Brainscan #25.5
At the IPRC on July 11, 2010 the Portland Zine Symposium sponsored a 24 hour zine challenge. A 24 hour zine challenge is when you make a zine in 24 hours.

Well, this is the zine I made that night. You are not supposed to have any idea what you will put in your zine before you start so I had no idea what would come out of this. What did come out of those 24 hours, besides sleep deprivation delirium, was some photocopier artwork and stories about all the post boxes I have ever had. The count is 4 and each was a distinct time in my life that I wrote about including the secret admirer who wrote love notes to my boyfriend I shared the post box with and stories about long lost penpals.

32 pages 1/8th legal with black covers hand stamped in silver.

You can get a copy at my Etsy Shop

Also, I started a zine band!

The band equivalent of a 24 hour zine!

Steve of Rum Lad zine came to Portland from the UK for awhile and had the idea to start a band. I said "ok" and we got our housemates Paul and Marc to join in the fun! In 3 weeks we wrote 4 songs, practiced, recorded, and played a show that closed the 2010 Portland Zine Symposium!

What resulted was this 6 track demo of 4 lo-fi pop-punk songs all about zines! We have an obligatory intro song filled with excuses as to why the band is so late, another song reads like a cliche zine article full of things we like and hate, a song about stealing photocopies, and a song about the 24 hour zine challenge.

Cassette tape only! Up the analog zine punx! Comes with a 16 page 1/8 sized zine with lyrics and silly drawings.

The Copy Scams are:
Alex Wrekk - wordy stuff (Brainscan zine and Stolen Sharpie revolution)
Steve Larder - guitar stuffs (Rum Lad)
Marc Parker - Bassy things (Zine Thug)
Paul Burke - drummy and screamy goodness (Lunchroom)

There is also the
How I spent my summer vacation pack

Issue 10 of Lights Go Out hits the streets later this month.

It’s another 40 pager of the normal Lights Go Out mayhem.

We’ve added more interviews this time as well, so you can read interviews with the following awesome artists:
The Like, The Wonder Years, John K. Samson (The Weakerthans, Propaghandi), Failsafe (off The Inbetweeners), Rolo Tomassi, Lungs, Martin Carr (The Boo Radleys), The Summer Set, Counterpunch, Damone, The Social Club (ex-Captain Everything), Anberlin, Jarrod Gorbel (The Honorary Title) and The Swellers.

Band profiles of Meet The Storm & Jackknife Stiletto.

Loads and loads of columns, music reviews, gig reviews and zine reviews. Other stuff too!

As always it’s just £1 from me in person or £1.70 postage paid in the UK via the shop on the website over at www.lightsgoout.co.uk
Or I love to trade zines....just get in touch!

Cheers,
Mr. T & The Lights Go Out Team
Attachments:
I have 4 zines ready (by Monday) to swap and give away.

1. Mongolian Cartoon Diary - describes itself really! 24 pages A6 landscape, with a colour insert of pictures, from my recent holiday in Mongolia. Will post it free to you if you send me a post address. There are some pictures on my profile.

2. Love Letter from Helsinki - done as part of 24 hour comic day, while walking around the streets of Helsinki. 24 pages black and white A6 portrait. Only 24 copies printed so I am asking for 60 British pence or a zine swap before giving this one away!

3. Beach Zine - from a week spent living at the beach in Northumberland, UK, in June 2010. 44 pages A6 portrait (4 in colour). Mostly a diary, but quite fun I think. In fact I'd say it's my best current zine and I got 300 copies done so send me a postal address and I'll send you one for free.

4. Bothy Zine - for anyone who loves the outdoors, a tour of the English bothies (free mountain huts/woodland cottages). I plan, over the next couple of years, to leave them in actual bothies for people to pick up. but if you'd like one I will also send it to you.

5. I can also be an access point for other zines & small press stuff produced in Newcastle upon Tyne.

6. I will be at the Footprint Zine fair in leeds on 13th November (with stall), the Anarchist Bookfair in London on 23rd October (just walking around) and possibly Thought Bubble in Leeds too.

Control Freak Issue #2 is out.

Art Zine. October 2010.
Collages , photography, illustration and found photos.
Mostly dark/mystic/dadaist stuff

All art by myself, Ox
Black & White laser print.
28 pages / A5 format / Stapled.
Pages 120g + Cover: 170g glossy coated paper.
Numbered & signed.

5 Euros
Buy it here:
http://ox.bigcartel.com/product/control-freak-zine-issue-2

@Boxcutter books: http://boxcutterbooks.blogspot.com

oxymoron404@gmail.com

Disconcerting 8 is out after about 7 months -
Inside-and-outside-head-thinking. 17 chapters of varying topics (if you are looking for a consistent theme you might not find it here as everything is all over the place). Includes: barista dreams, cusp of graduation, fleeting thoughts, stories of boys, past jobs worked and more.

The gist:
-76 pages
-1/4 sized
-bound with twine
-rounded corners!

You can get it here!
Note: Accepting selective trades only
janell [dot] hoong [at] gmail.com
We'll Never Have Paris new issue out Nov 10. WNHP7: Modern Fire remains true to it's mission of narrative nonfiction on the theme 'for all things never meant to be' and includes more drawings and select poetry. Find out what Modern Fire means. contact me for purchase or trade.
Attachments:
I just released issue 4 of Concisely, a magazine of stories under 500 words.

There are same samples up, and you can order it at, ConciselyMagazine.com
Brand new here, with a brand new zine called "Body Conscious Birth Control, an Introduction to the Fertility Awareness Method." As the name suggest, this zine is a very thorough introduction to FAM with a body-centric perspective. Really, this zine provides enough info to get started using FAM, although I highly recommend that this zine accompany one of the many awesome books about FAM.

Available as a printable .pdf (not the best quality) or request a copy by mail! I'm asking for a $2 donation, but no request will be refused!
A link to the .pdf can be found on my latest blog..

Hello! It's been a while since I've been on here. I currently have 11 issues of my comic zine Dreams of Donuts, which is a comic about my personal life. Each issue is $1 or trade. I also have recently made a mini zine/book, which is an anthology containing all of #1-10, which you can have for $5.

You can send mail to Heather Wreckage 836 57th St Oakland Ca 94608
Dear zinesters,

The latest issue of our Pez metazine, devoted this time to Japanese Zines, has been just released. You can read it online and download it from this adress (in Spanish, Japanese and English, printed copies are coming soon):

Pez n 11 - Japanese Zines

It explores the history of zines in Japan from the seventies to the present, and gives an idea of the situation of Japanese zines right know, with a profusion of interviews and adresses.

I would also like to thank zinesters Andrea and Gianni Simone, from this same forum, who helped this issue come out.

Cheers,

Teknad

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service