We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 10960

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Cenacle | 73-74 | Summer 2010
http://www.scriptorpress.com/cenacle/73-74.html
[Size = 3.8 MB]

Hello everyone,

Here offered one last gift from the departing summer season: the new double-issue of The Cenacle. As KD & I spent the whole summer in moving from Oregon to Massachusetts, we were concurrently creating this transitional issue. Chuck full of good works too! Full issue contents include:

• Alex Smith’s essay “Wilhelm Reich: Life & Death of a Social Pioneer”
• Ralph Emerson’s linguistics essay “Q is for Queer”
• Jim DeKorne’s essay “Psychedelics and Alchemy”
• GC Dillon’s fiction “From Antarctica With Love”
• My fixtion “Labyrinthine”
• New poetry by Ric Amante, Zannemarie Lloyd Taylor, Judih Haggai, & myself
• Artwork by KD & myself
• plus my notebook & commentary

We hope you enjoy this issue with its many fine contributions. Scriptor Press is now fully arrived in the Boston area & ready for the autumn!

Peace,
Raymond
I have three new mini-comics out this week. Click the links below to read more and for ordering information.

Candy or Medicine Volume Eleven

Postal b/w I Yam What I Yam

Apartment 307.. One Year Later

Hey, love the idea :)

Vicky Stevenson said:
Forever Analog zine

Forever Analog is an illustrated zine about typewriters, vinyl records and film photography and the reasons why people still use them.

A5 size, 12 pages of content (not incl the cover). Edition of 50. Covers come in pink, green, teal, blue and orange.

£2 + postage through myself or etsy. There's more images on my page :)

'You Can Finish This Later' is a new chapbook from On Lives Press. Click the book to read more about it.

We also have a CONTEST going to win a free copy.
Photobucket
At long last, Here. In My Head. #5 and #6 (a feminist perzine from the UK) are now available! :D

Here. In My Head. #5: (40 pages, little smaller than 1/4 sized): £1.00

Features written pieces on girl-hate, beauty, self-loathing and personal growth, the dynamic nature of love, feminist book recommendations, and trying to reconcile my personality with my feminist beliefs.

Here. In My Head. #6: (38 pages, little bigger than 1/4 sized): £1.00

An alphabet zine, with a wide variety of topics including Body, Feminism, Hair, Ire, Memories, Noise, Piano, Serendipity, University, Vulva, Wales, and Xmas!

Am happy to accept trades too. Get in touch via WMZ or email me at contactATcatherineelms.co.uk for more info!

SteveLarder said:

I managed to complete a zine cliché and write about a Greyhound bus trip. I spent three days traveling and covered 2763 miles between Baton Rouge, LA to Portland, OR. I tried my best to do a whole lot of ignoring on the way but whether I liked it or not, ended up meeting some interesting folk. Next time I think I'll fly.

£1 in person, £1.70 w/ postage. Paypal to stevejipwit@hotmail.com or send concealed cash to -

Steve Larder
Somerset House
Cherry Holt Lane
Sutterton
Boston
Lincs
PE20 2HU
UK

Awesome!
The new issue of MUSEA #177 is now on the musea.us website. It is the CHARACTERS issue PLUS we have a link to all the LOST TAPES (note the first song on the list, Walking in the Field, does not work, never has). Musea.us for all musea zine articles and issues.

For a print copy, send an SASE or trade to me.
This issue is all about 'characters', people that stand out for one reason or another - story poems about all kinds. The cover photo features a woman in a genie costume about to rub a magic lamp. Can anyone identify the woman in the photo?
Coded message - some of you who receive Musea issues by mail will get a special stamp - look for it.
Tom Hendricks
(editor of the 17 year old zine Musea)

Stephanos said:

SteveLarder begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting said:

I managed to complete a zine cliché and write about a Greyhound bus trip. I spent three days traveling and covered 2763 miles between Baton Rouge, LA to Portland, OR. I tried my best to do a whole lot of ignoring on the way but whether I liked it or not, ended up meeting some interesting folk. Next time I think I'll fly.

£1 in person, £1.70 w/ postage. Paypal to stevejipwit@hotmail.com or send concealed cash to -

Steve Larder begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Somerset House
Cherry Holt Lane
Sutterton
Boston
Lincs
PE20 2HU
UK

Awesome!

Double Awesome!
Brainscan #25.5
At the IPRC on July 11, 2010 the Portland Zine Symposium sponsored a 24 hour zine challenge. A 24 hour zine challenge is when you make a zine in 24 hours.

Well, this is the zine I made that night. You are not supposed to have any idea what you will put in your zine before you start so I had no idea what would come out of this. What did come out of those 24 hours, besides sleep deprivation delirium, was some photocopier artwork and stories about all the post boxes I have ever had. The count is 4 and each was a distinct time in my life that I wrote about including the secret admirer who wrote love notes to my boyfriend I shared the post box with and stories about long lost penpals.

32 pages 1/8th legal with black covers hand stamped in silver.

You can get a copy at my Etsy Shop

Also, I started a zine band!

The band equivalent of a 24 hour zine!

Steve of Rum Lad zine came to Portland from the UK for awhile and had the idea to start a band. I said "ok" and we got our housemates Paul and Marc to join in the fun! In 3 weeks we wrote 4 songs, practiced, recorded, and played a show that closed the 2010 Portland Zine Symposium!

What resulted was this 6 track demo of 4 lo-fi pop-punk songs all about zines! We have an obligatory intro song filled with excuses as to why the band is so late, another song reads like a cliche zine article full of things we like and hate, a song about stealing photocopies, and a song about the 24 hour zine challenge.

Cassette tape only! Up the analog zine punx! Comes with a 16 page 1/8 sized zine with lyrics and silly drawings.

The Copy Scams are:
Alex Wrekk - wordy stuff (Brainscan zine and Stolen Sharpie revolution)
Steve Larder - guitar stuffs (Rum Lad)
Marc Parker - Bassy things (Zine Thug)
Paul Burke - drummy and screamy goodness (Lunchroom)

There is also the
How I spent my summer vacation pack

Issue 10 of Lights Go Out hits the streets later this month.

It’s another 40 pager of the normal Lights Go Out mayhem.

We’ve added more interviews this time as well, so you can read interviews with the following awesome artists:
The Like, The Wonder Years, John K. Samson (The Weakerthans, Propaghandi), Failsafe (off The Inbetweeners), Rolo Tomassi, Lungs, Martin Carr (The Boo Radleys), The Summer Set, Counterpunch, Damone, The Social Club (ex-Captain Everything), Anberlin, Jarrod Gorbel (The Honorary Title) and The Swellers.

Band profiles of Meet The Storm & Jackknife Stiletto.

Loads and loads of columns, music reviews, gig reviews and zine reviews. Other stuff too!

As always it’s just £1 from me in person or £1.70 postage paid in the UK via the shop on the website over at www.lightsgoout.co.uk
Or I love to trade zines....just get in touch!

Cheers,
Mr. T & The Lights Go Out Team
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service