We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 11008

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

List #14 is finished and at the printer! I'll have it back within a week, ready to mail out.

If you'd like to "pre-order" (give me a headstart on addressing envelopes and help me feel like i'm making back some of the printing costs upfront) you can do that now!

I'll ship out "pre-orders" the first week of September after I return from the Portland Zine Symposium. I'm looking for more distros to work with as well, as I won't be distro'ing with Microcosm this time around. Any distro recommendations are greatly appreciated! It'll also be available at the Portland Zine Symposium!

List #14 is 56 pages, all drawn by me (no submissions section this time). Grey, cardstock cover. This issue is about routine, the mundane, trying to figure out where I want to be and what I want to be doing, and dealing with feeling slightly uninspired. Some list samples are: getting older every day, the best things i've done in chicago so far, making friends is hard, things i need to get better at, in defense of fitness, and what i'm looking for in a place to live (with an attached postcard asking you to send me information about the city you live in and why i should move there.)

Sample Pages:

If you'd like to order List #14, you can send $4 via paypal to everydaypants@gmail.com. or you can e-mail the same address to find out where to send cash. Thanks so much for looking!

All Things Ordinary #2
Since All Things Ordinary #1 was all about the last month I spent in Buffalo, NY, issue #2 is a collection of some things that I experienced in the first few months living in Portland, OR. Everything from donating plasma, getting a job at a food cart, and the fun times I had at the 2009 Portland Zine Symposium.

32 pages- black and white photocopied with 100% recycled paper, with green cardstock cover. quarter sized (5.5" x 4.25")

Cover was drawn by Ramsey Beyer: http://www.everydaypants.com

ATO #2 is $3.00 ppd via paypal to derekneuland@gmail.com

I also love trading zines, but when sending me a zine for trade make sure to note that. Also, a letter would be nice too! Send zine trades or $3.00 well hidden cash/money order to:
Derek Neuland
6435 B NE Going St.
Portland, OR 97218

You can also buy my zines on my Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/readwritecreate
Issue #20 of Miranda: motherhood and other adventures, is just out.

Within you'll find:

A Little Stranger – A tale of medical drama. But not the kind you’d expect after hearing the word “tumor.”

Sweet Chebakia – Sure, Ramadan’s tough, what with all that dawn-to-dusk fasting. But Moroccans have this delectable treat to anticipate – and I’m still yearning for it.

What is Cool? – Good question, son. Mama circumvents her unhip past in an attempt to impart the mysteries of style to a ten-year-old (For him, at least, it won’t be velour.)

At the Tracks –Travel back in time to a shocking era when suburban parents allowed their kids to play unsupervised…at the railroad tracks!

Under the Knife – In which years of reading medical memoirs and watching doctor shows on TV turn out to be less than adequate preparation for real, live surgery.

Plus, another batch of book recommendations; a simple recipe for strawberry cake; the Motel of Lost Companions revisits a candlelit Moroccan night; and Mama’s Stray Thoughts, including the ultimate fate of Lego men, the triumph of getting small boys hooked on A Little Princess, and why middle school girls wear those tight jeans.

$2/issue
ordering information at http://www.katehaas.com/category/miranda/

Sometimes I'm Dreaming #3, 1/4 size, 38 pages.

In this issue I talk about my studies, wishing I had done more reading for pleasure in my teenage years, my love of plants & flowers and my thoughts about dreams (including descriptions of some common scenarios that appear in my dreams and my speculations about their underlying meanings). I also reflect on my summer and look forward to the approaching autumn.

The price is £1, although I would also be very happy to trade. If you are interested, please leave me a message on here or email me at sometimesimdreaming@hotmail.co.uk.
Welcome to Flavor Country Issue #21 out now!
http://www.facebook.com/welcometoflavorcountry

Issue 21 - Out now:
A compilation of odds and ends. Thoughts on patriotism, my salvation experience, and dating; and a series of conversations. Cera Smith cover art.

Still fresh:
Issue number 20 - Random thoughts about marriage, critical thinking, tattoos, the end of the world, my neighbors, etc. Sally Harless cover art.
Issue number 19 - Two short stories by Amy Adoyzie, a reflection on the Persian Gulf War, and interviews with people from the Christian college I attended who have now given up their faith.

Send a dollar or two (or some stamps) to:
Kurt Morris
14 Woodlawn St. #2
Boston, MA 02125

welcometoflavorcountry@gmail.com

Pieces #4: on lucid dreaming is now available.

This issue is a little different from past issues in that it is not a 100% perzine. The first half is mostly information on lucid dreaming and techniques I use, with a few stories on how I'm lucid dreaming to conquer anxiety, what I get out of dreaming, my thoughts on out of body experiences, along with other personal tidbits.

The second half is a dream journal I've been keeping to record and analyze my lucid dreaming experiences in an effort to learn more about myself and two internal archetypes.

This is a 1/4 size, 56 page zine.

Available for $2. I am open to trades.

Not a “reality” show, but the stories of real-life survivors in prose, poetry, artwork and photography.

Featuring contributions from:
Emily Henochowicz
Victoria Law
Andria Alefhi
Jaimie Hashey
Deirdre Sinnott
Noemi Martinez
Walaa Quisay
Alison Roh Park
redguard
and many more!

Warning: This zine contains potentially triggering pieces about domestic and social violence, childhood and adult sexual abuse, depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress, eating disorders, substance abuse, and dealing with abuse perpetrators.

To order:
$3 plus $1 shipping
http://www.etsy.com/listing/51429734/absent-cause-4-survival
redguard@gmail.com

By mail: Absent Cause
PO Box 1568
New York, NY 10276

Trades welcome!

Sins of Machines #3: Infanticide: Quarter-sized, 32 pages, black-and-white. This issue of my history/poetry zine focuses on infanticide in the Victorian era, with a few pages on puerperal insanity and its cures, and a close focus on my personal holy trinity of baby farm killers: Ada Chard Williams, the Finchley baby farmers, and Amelia Dyer. Also included are three poems inspired by these women, and plenty of quotes taken straight from Victorian newspapers and the court records from each woman's trial. $2 US/Canada, $3 International, or trade for your zine.
HELLO!

Issue 9 of Lights Go Out is officially out from TODAY!!!

So what’s in it I guess you’re asking? You mean apart from the usual zine goodness which include stacks of columns, cd reviews, gig reviews and zine reviews? Well let me tell you…

Issue 9 features the following….
Less Than Jake – an interview with the Gainesville ska punkers!
Interviews with The Flatliners, Fenix TX, Teenage Bottlerocket and Amber Pacific.
Thousand Yard Stare – old indie band, we speak to four of the band who had some moderate success back in the 90’s.
Girls@Play – we chat to three of the pop group who could have been bigger than The Spice Girls!

Band Profiles too. Mummy Say’s I’m Special, The Alter Egos, The Bullet Kings and Push The Ghost.

It’s another huge 44 pager this time round, and still just the same price of £1 in person or £1.50 postage paid in the UK. You can pre-order the new issue via the website now! You can also get back issues and some other great zines there too, all in the shop at www.lightsgoout.co.uk

Thanks, Mr. T
Attachments:
ah801

Anatomical Heart #8 is a perzine / mental health zine.
This issue includes writings on metal illness, my life as a student mental health nurse, rants on meds and therapy, tattoo talk, and some zine reviews.
1/4 size, 24 pages.

ah901

Anatomical Heart #9 is a 24 hour perzine
This issue includes writings on the things I love, including grrrls, mail and books!
1/3 size, 16 pages.

You can get both for £1.50 in the UK / $3 international (paypal to bettieriot@gmail.com), or message me for a trade!
i have a new issue of "love letters to monsters" out as of august 2010. it's a split with my friend & next-door neighbor (& long-time zinester) ailecia. she wrote "alabama grrrl" #9 & i wrote "love letters to monsters" #3. it's eighty quarter-sized pages, pretty heavy on the text. i wrote about topics including: moving to kansas, being a grad school widow, closing down my zine distro, becoming interested once again in writing fiction, the convoluted meaning of "community" in a punk/anarchist context, self-care & mental health, physical disability, tenants' rights, my father's unexpected death & my mother's unexpected conversion to islam, & more. ailecia wrote about what she wishes she would have known before enrolling in graduate school, tips on successfully integrating school with the rest of your life, grieving a friend who passed away too young, the excesses within the punk scene that lead to a culture of self-destruction, the importance of feminism, fat-positivity, & queer solidarity in punk scenes, an open letter to radical kids in lawrence calling them out on unchecked misogyny & violence, & more. we are both writing from an early 30s feminist personal perspective.

the zine costs $3 (anywhere in the world, including postage), which can be paid via paypal to learningtoleaveapapertrail@hotmail.com or mailed in cash to me at:
ciara xyerra
1126 tennessee st. #5
lawrence KS 66044

trades may be acceptable. i like politically-tinged personal zines. drop me a line privately to set something up.

distros are also welcome to order copies. wholesale is $1.50 each (again, including postage, & anywhere in the world), which can be paid in the same ways listed above. i also accept checks made out to "ciara xyerra".

(sorry i don't have a photo!)
I finished my new zine, roots of hope 2, about traveling through Nicaragua, Panama and Costa Rica, as well as other traveling stories from other places in the past, like ireland and belize. i traveled in central and south america for about eight months. i will be making another zine about Colombia, Ecuador and Peru that I am hoping to finish by the end of the year, but putting them together in one zine would have been too epic, too long, and unstapleable. The zine is 70 pages quarter sized, a lot of text but some graphics and pictures too!

if you want a copy, you can paypal me $3.50 and i will mail it to you! international postage prices please inquire...

my email address is rockstarwithwords (at) yahoo (dot) com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service