We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 11021

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Candy or Medicine Volume Ten is out now. Sixteen pages, black and white, quarter-sized, printed on premium paper. For just $1 (plus 50 cents shipping). Also available on the Candy or Medicine Etsy page.

Featuring “Homesick” by newcomer Tori Holder, “O Cicla Da Vida,” a beautifully illustrated tale of youth gone by from Brazilian artist Alberto Pessoa, “City Kids,” an autobiographical comic describing a six-year-old city kid’s discovery of horse poop by Katie Omberg, another “lunarcy” strip about our lonely lunar neighbor by Josh Blair, “The Seeker” by underground artist Carl Alessi and a wraparound “Apothecary” cover by Donal DeLay.

Contents (digest, 24 pgs, text heavy)
1. The Importance of Integrative Care
2. Basic Digestive Health
3. Easy Herbs
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
5. 5 Steps to a Happier Healthier Pet
6. Our Cancer Treatment
7. Herbal Cancer Care

$2 plus $1 shipping. Back issues available, details here:
http://margaratnee.com/zines/rp.html
Orders may be slightly delayed over summer as I'm traveling a bit, but they will be available at Portland Zine Symposium at the Grrrl Zines A-Go-Go table. ---Margarat
Hey All,

I’m massively pleased to say that the first Limited Edition Issue of Kerouac’s Dog Magazine® ‘Freedom’ is now on sale at our Store www.kerouacsdogmag.com Pre-order now with your 30% discount for WeMakeZine members, and friends, and have it delivered straight to your door in September. Just enter KD196901F at the checkout and your discount will be applied to your order. Please note your discount code can not be used on the Subscription Price. Thanks to everyone who's contributed, supported and helped along the way in some form or other. :) -
KEROUAC'S DOG MAGAZINE.
www.kerouacsdogmag.com

Third issue of Concisely, a magazine of stories under 500 words.

5.5 by 8.5 inches. 24 pages. 8 stories. $3.

Samples, ordering, and submission guidelines at ConciselyMagazine.com.

Things Found in Library Books! Quarter-sized, 30 pages, black-and-white. I work in a library, which is what inspired me to make this. It's pretty much exactly what the title says: a found-objects zine collecting paper ephemera I've found in library books, with commentary. Also some stories, including "Top Three Weirdest Things Found in the Book Drop." And some drawings because I can't resist a good doodle.

$1 US/Canada, $2 international, but I prefer trades.

Comment on my page or e-mail me at cryptstine[at]gmail[dot]com if you're interested.
If this zine had a subtitle, it would probably be "Growing Older, Getting Tougher." Because that's pretty much what it's about.

All I Want Is Everything #1 is my first zine in six years, and my first zine since I turned my whole life upside down. (It was Saturn Return, I was 27 - I hear it happens.) In it you'll find essays about the following:

- Surviving domestic violence
- A letter to La Roux's Elly Jackson, in which I call her out for victim-blaming
- The intersections between Joan Didion's Play It As It Lays and my life
- Thoughts on nostalgia for 1990s girl culture and riot grrrl
- My passion for running, including my experience running a marathon for the first time
- Meeting one of my feminist heroes and being a total knob about it
- Thoughts on the sexualization of female weakness

All mixed in with a healthy dose of feminism, snark and fifty-cent SAT words.

All I Want Is Everything #1 is 56 half-size pages. If you want a copy, send me $3 via Paypal at saltonmyskin at gmail dot com, or you can email me at that address.
I finished my 24 Hour Zine last weekend, and it's finally available in my Etsy shop (syndprod.etsy.com):

SYNDICATE PRODUCT 16 / GOLDEN STATE
A 24 Hour Zine
Completed July 16-17, 2010 for 24 Hour Zine Month (www.24hourzines.com)
24 pages / Quarter-legal (3.5 x 8.5)

A short perzine created in 24 hours for the 24 Hour Zine Month Challenge. This zine contains a 3000 word essay and several digital collages about the allure of California, the Golden State, written entirely by me, making it my first true perzine in about 10+ years.
Issue #3 of Pieces (¼ size, 40 pages) is now available for trade or purchase for $1 plus postage.

This issue was written over the span of two days during a not-so-wise writing experiment. It includes thoughts about why some people may drink to spur creativity, craving internal dialogue, loneliness, isolation from others and my writing, how bad decisions sometimes influence younger generations, and a handful of other disjointed thoughts.

I haven't posted here in a long while but I just updated my entire stock list on my profile and I just completed my 24 Hour Zine Thing entry yesterday.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/52614772/yard-sale-6-zine

Yard Sale! #6 is the "summer" issue.
I'm 99.9% done with the first issue of my per-zine- but I still haven't decided on a title! If you'd like to weigh in with you opinions, check out my blog here on WMZ.

I also made a mini-zine one-shot called The Abbreviated Wit and Wisdom of Mae West, which is basically a quick collection of my favorite quotes from black-and-white movie star Mae West. Both will be available for trades and sale (price TBD).

Zine World #29 is now available! This issue is 36 pages, full-size, and features:
* about 200 reviews of zines, comics, chapbooks, books, DVDs, and other self-published materials.
* commentary by Craven Rock about the word "zinester" (with comments shared from WeMakeZines) and by Jerianne about zines & identity.
* a column with tips on attending a zine fest by Nicole Introvert.
* a comic called "How to Make a Zine" by David Crockett.
* resource listings on zine libraries, review zines, mailing, and more.
* cover art by Androo Robinson.

Zine World costs $4 US, $5 to Canada, or $7 overseas. Subscriptions are also available. Order by sending cash, stamps, or money order (payable to Jerianne) to PO Box 330156, Murfreesboro TN 37133. Or visit http://www.undergroundpress.org/ordering-zine-world/ to order via PayPal.

Zinester special!!! Send us a copy of your latest zine with your order and take $1 off the price! Offer good through August 31.

Mustache Monthly is a zine where I publish novels serially, one chapter each month for one year. The current novel is Judy, a novel about a man with a camera, an ex boss, and a mission to prove his worth. I'm announcing issue No. 2 of Judy (Edition 1) and its for sale status. For more information, PM me, email me at mustachemonthly@simonorrstudio.com, or send a letter to:
Simon Orr
Mustache Monthly
102 Almond Blossom Ct.
Los Gatos, CA 95032
USA

You can also send order requests for either issue No. 1 or Issue No. 2 (which has a new, fancy-schmancy screen printed cover) to this address, or purchase them from at Etsy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service