We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know we're all going to do it, so I guess we could keep it neat and tidy by putting it all in one thread. So here goes, JUST post about your new issue in this thread, don't discuss or reply, that way new members can easily see what output we're all responsible for!

Views: 12267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ALPOLG2 is now out! It took a while due to eveyday craziness. But it's finally done :) It's 20-page half size perzine that includes an essay from back in high school (about love), some poetry, 2 apology letters from awesome contributors Chantel G. and Seth Feralin, and a whole lot of accounts in letter form.

ALPOLG (A Long Process of Letting Go) 2 much like the 1st issue, is a perzine that deals with, well... letting go--of different things. Emotions, feelings, people, hope for certain things, etc. Most of the entries are in letter form, addressed to unnamed addressees.

More pictures to follow on my page later today.

Send me a message or email me at i_reply@live.com if you're interested. I also have a few copies put aside for trades :)

I Am
P.O. Box 364
Brownsville TX
78522 USA
I have completed issue no. 3 of Little Grrrl Lost & Found.... it is a total of 16 pages in length (eight 8.5 x11" sheets folded in half) and printed on red paper. This issue is much more personal than my previous zines and opens with my story of a domestic violence relationship, how it affected me, and how it changed my life. It is also chalked full of short stories and poetry, not to mention cool clip art!

Available or purchase now ($2.00) at www.blambert1.etsy.com

I am also always up for trading so let me know if you are interested!

I've completed my very first zine! It's on the failings of the public school system (I'm a teacher in said system).

It's quarter size and contains essays, anecdotes, observations, and a piece of fiction - math fiction. I'm also including a very special scratch and sniff sticker to bring you back to your childhood. Slap it on your notebook or trapperkeeper! I'd love everyone to check it out and I'm open to all trades. Thanks.

FailingStudents.com

Syndicate Product 15 / COMING CLEAN!
32p / Digest / $3US

It's finally finished and it is AWESOME!

With Coming Clean, the Syndicate Product (nee Low Hug) "Life Maintenance Series" comes to an end. The series has spanned domesticity with zines about the laundry (Laundry Basket, 2002), grocery shopping (12 Items or Less, 2003), and cooking (Potluck!, 2004), so Coming Clean is a sensible conclusion. 

Contributors include: KEN BAUSERT (The Ken Chronicles), STEPHEN BOJANOWSKI, DAVIDA GYPSY BREIER (Xerography Debt, Rigor Mortis), HEATHER BRYANT (American, Eh?), ANDREW COLTRIN (Look for Signage), VIOLET FOX, DELAINE DERRY GREEN (Not My Small Diary), AYUN HALLIDAY (East Village Inky), JULEIGH HOWARD HOBSON, ERIC LYDEN (Fish with Legs), JEN MCCLEARY, A.J. MICHEL, KRIS MININGER (Extranjero), CATHERINE PADUANI, PAISLEY THE CAT (Hey Pais), JASON PANKOKE (Micro-Film), ANDREW WALES (Eclectic Comics), JB WINTER (Izzy Challenge).

Available through Etsy at the Syndicate Product Covert HQ Shop!

Carpe Noctem: tales from the Dreamside Issue #4 is online!
This issue has a special guest artist cover, some fun dream facts and of course excerpts from my dream journals.

You can download a copy now at:
http://apocalypsegrrl.wordpress.com/carpe-noctem/
http://intothedreamlands.wordpress.com/media/carpe-noctem/

Feel free to email me if there's any problems downloading or viewing the file (it's a .pdf format)
Little Grrrl Lost & Found issue number 4 is completed!

It is printed...stapled...and ready for trading and/or purchasing!

This issue has a section re: I LOVE MYSELF BECAUSE....submissions from others are included...and it includes a new section called CREATIVE WRITING as well as my own personal poetry and stories.

Issue 4 will be available for purchase later today at Blambert1.etsy.com

Thanks!

#4 of my perzine 'Cats Teeth' is ready. This issue is about living on my own, empowerment and independence, taking on a lover, my first three-way relationship, desire and addiction, darkness, succubi, the

night-time realm.
Two new zines!

Sex Industry Apologist: sex work, feminism and the media, from the perspective of a former staff member at a sex work project.

The Collected Scathings of Ioana Poprowka: transgender issues including media representation, exotification, sexuality and personal experience, by a pseudonymous trans woman.

Both are available from me at jinx removing dot org, and you can read a review of them both here. Cheers!
fy 9.5 1.JPG

I've done a free mini issue of Fanzine Ynfytyn about the fine city of Canterbury. It's free if you order any other of my zines, because charging international postage for such a small zine is a bit pointless. 14 pages, 3" x 4". I'll also be at the Alt Press Fair on Saturday in London.

My Etsy Shop

fy 9.5 3.JPG

Zine World: A Reader's Guide to the Underground Press #28 is now available! 50 pages, full-size, with 340+ reviews of zines, comics, chapbooks, books, DVDs, magazines, and other self-published materials, plus lots of other articles & resources. $4 US, $5 Canada/Mexico, or $7 overseas.

More details at undergroundpress.org.

Hi, everyone--I have two new zines out and available for trade.

Functionally ill is a mental health zine. Issue 6 is about the logistics of care. Topics include losing services, cost of medication, the quest for refills, and running into a former psychiatrist at the grocery store.

Erik and Laura-Marie Magazine is a perzine-with-poems. Issue 46 includes book reviews, zine reviews, lots of poems, and an essay about the 10 year anniversary of me and Erik.
MOTOR CITY KITTY #14
quarter-sized, 32 page perzine
$1 US/$2 international or trade

(sorry for the low quality photobooth pic!)

this issue is a little different from the past three (which are still available as well, just get in touch!) it focuses on my experience in my local punk community/a few punk houses in town (or nearby towns), as well as the local bike scene. there's also a bit on teaching poetry to 4th & 7th graders, and the struggle to have hope/faith in a world that tells you not to.

message me on here, comment on my page, or email motorcity_kitty@yahoo.com for more info on how to get a copy!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service