We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

New Food Zine - Advice for Artwork Please!

I am working on my first issue of my new quarterly Food Zine. The purpose of it is to share recipes and ideas about eating seasonally and locally.  I want to do one for each season and this first one will be for summer.  I want to produce it cheaply but still look good, I am not very artistic and anyway I don't want it to look like a quaint cookbook but more contemporary.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to illustrate it to make it interesting?

Tags: advice, artwork, food, zine

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My idea would be to buy (the cheapest) recycled paper and to photocopy it on a good quality photocopier. As for artwork; you could look for drawings or photos of the ingredients (as an infographic, a still nature or scattered around the page) and a final picture of the dish. If you can't find someone to draw them for you, you can photograph the dishes (be careful with the lightning) and cut and paste the pictures in the page; zine style :)

Or you can always try to search for the dishes in Creative Commons research engines like Flickrcc, but don't forget to attribute them.

thanks so much for the advice, I like the idea of printing onto recycled paper.  The ideas for illustrations are good too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service