We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

New compilation zine on children's books looking for contributions

The existence of this community has inspired me to try to resurrect a long standing comp zine project, the children's lit comp zine. If you are interested in contributing I'd like you to read your favourite book from childhood and write about what you liked about it then and how you feel about it now. If you write something, are thinking of writing something or have any questions please contact me at patsydecline @ gmail dot com . You can do a book someone else has already done of course so you don't have to check if your book is taken. I can't wait to read your thoughts!

I have previously done the comp zine "For your own good" on mothers, daughters and body image a few years ago so if you are interested in that (I have a few copies left) get in touch too.

Thanks,
Kate

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can count me in. I just need some time to write reviews.
I'm still waiting for contributions! I am going to set a deadline of the end of February so if you have anything to add please send it before then. Thanks!

Emma Jane Falconer said:
Kate, did you ever get the children's comp zine off the ground?
Hi Kate! I'm going to try and send you something later today. Good luck with the whole thing.

kate said:
I'm still waiting for contributions! I am going to set a deadline of the end of February so if you have anything to add please send it before then. Thanks!

Emma Jane Falconer said:
Kate, did you ever get the children's comp zine off the ground?
No, no word limit. Thanks for your interest!

Marnie Colton said:
This sounds like a great idea! Do you have a word limit per review?
Would you like an interview with Diana Wynne Jones? I've just done one, for a zine specifically about her.
That would be amazing! Could you send it to me at patsydecline @ gmail. com?

Emma Jane Falconer said:
Would you like an interview with Diana Wynne Jones? I've just done one, for a zine specifically about her.
I've emailed you the interview Kate
Oh! I did an interview with Nancy Farmer back in middle school... she had some really interesting things to say. I should see if I still have it somewhere.

kate said:

Emma Jane Falconer said:
Thanks so much Anna! If you find it could you send it to me at patsydecline @ gmail.com. That would be great!

Anna said:
Oh! I did an interview with Nancy Farmer back in middle school... she had some really interesting things to say. I should see if I still have it somewhere.

kate said:

Emma Jane Falconer said:
Thanks so much, I loved it and will credit you as requested. Thanks and good luck with your zine!

Emma Jane Falconer said:
I've emailed you the interview Kate
I am thinking it is about time to put together this zine now so am setting a deadline of the 15th of March 2009. I hope you can all finish promised contributions by then and send them to me at patsydecline @ gmail .com or email me there if you have any questions. Thanks loads to everyone who has contributed so far.

Kate
Also I tried to email Em from Emerald Arts but it bounced back from Hotmail so get in touch if you still want to draw for it Em! Thanks!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service