We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

New compilation zine on children's books looking for contributions

The existence of this community has inspired me to try to resurrect a long standing comp zine project, the children's lit comp zine. If you are interested in contributing I'd like you to read your favourite book from childhood and write about what you liked about it then and how you feel about it now. If you write something, are thinking of writing something or have any questions please contact me at patsydecline @ gmail dot com . You can do a book someone else has already done of course so you don't have to check if your book is taken. I can't wait to read your thoughts!

I have previously done the comp zine "For your own good" on mothers, daughters and body image a few years ago so if you are interested in that (I have a few copies left) get in touch too.

Thanks,
Kate

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm going to be doing 'Little House in the Big Woods' for my entry, but I might also do 'Finn Family Moomintroll' as well...actually there's millions of books I could do as I still re-read my favourite childrens books every time i'm ill. Or am avoiding writing an essay.
You can always do both! Or more...depending on your health and the workload you are avoiding! I am reading Tales from Moominvalley as I bought it at the jumble sale a few weeks ago from someone's whose friend is moving to France so having to part with it.
Hey I'd be up for this! I read so many kids books to my daughters!
i'm on mrt@secondinline.co.uk
loved 'for your own good', totally reminded me of my own relationship with my mother. which though sad, was really helpful for me.
I love the idea of your new zine and would love to be involved. Shall write asap. Do you have a deadline you would like something in by?

x
i'm working on some zine stuff about diana wynne jones and edith nesbit, maybe you would like one of my articles about that?
Actually there are SO many books I could write about- I might have to start off with a list and work may way through them everytime I have work to avoid doing. Do you ever think of writing something else about mothers/daughters? I've been thinking about how I didn't ever submit anything to that and probably have stuff to say now if you ever do a revised edition!

ps- i'm going to be at the BUST craftacular, so i'll aim to get something done and bring it along then.
That would be great! Do you know what book you might do?
There's no deadline yet, I will probably set one once I get enough contributions in that it looks close to completion.
email sent.
Hmmmm, can I submit a drawing by way of telling you?
Emma Stronach said:
Hmmmm, can I submit a drawing by way of telling you?

A drawing would be great!
Nat Rally said:
email sent.

I never got your email - could you resend? patsydecline @ gmail.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service