We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

New compilation zine on children's books looking for contributions

The existence of this community has inspired me to try to resurrect a long standing comp zine project, the children's lit comp zine. If you are interested in contributing I'd like you to read your favourite book from childhood and write about what you liked about it then and how you feel about it now. If you write something, are thinking of writing something or have any questions please contact me at patsydecline @ gmail dot com . You can do a book someone else has already done of course so you don't have to check if your book is taken. I can't wait to read your thoughts!

I have previously done the comp zine "For your own good" on mothers, daughters and body image a few years ago so if you are interested in that (I have a few copies left) get in touch too.

Thanks,
Kate

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Kate,
a while back when you first floated the idea of this I wrote a bit for it on my love of Professor Branestawm books, so this is just to say that you're still welcome to use that piece if you'd like. As I hadn't heard anything for a while I kind of assumed the project maybe wasn't going ahead so I submitted it elsewhere and they accepted it -erk- sorry about that - hope you don't mind. But as I say, you're still welcome to use it. It'd be nice to see it in the context of other people's pieces. Anyhoo, hope you're keeping well. Take care.
Don't worry, you were completely right to use it elsewhere since my zine didn't get off the ground! I don't mind at all but if you are happy for me to reuse it I am happy to do so as hopefully that way it will end up getting read by more people. It was a great piece and should reach as many as possible! I was just going to contact you about the zine being back in action but it's great that you got in touch first to save me having to go through my old email account to find it (how did we live before gmail search?) If you could send me your piece again that would be great! Thanks so much for getting in touch and I'm sorry I failed to stay in touch with you.

eddie willson said:
Hello Kate,
a while back when you first floated the idea of this I wrote a bit for it on my love of Professor Branestawm books, so this is just to say that you're still welcome to use that piece if you'd like. As I hadn't heard anything for a while I kind of assumed the project maybe wasn't going ahead so I submitted it elsewhere and they accepted it -erk- sorry about that - hope you don't mind. But as I say, you're still welcome to use it. It'd be nice to see it in the context of other people's pieces. Anyhoo, hope you're keeping well. Take care.
I love your user icon. :)

This is a lovely idea for a zine. I'm going home over Thanksgiving (and will thus have access to all my old books), so I may just participate.
Thanks so much! I hope you have a great thanksgiving and enjoy re-reading your old books!

Anna said:
I love your user icon. :)

This is a lovely idea for a zine. I'm going home over Thanksgiving (and will thus have access to all my old books), so I may just participate.
Hi I would like to do something either about The Phantom Tollbooth, Mistress Mashams Repose or Pippi Longstocking - I can't quite decide maybe all three on a one page thing??? Where do you want it sent to? However, if I don't manage to do it in the next few days I won't have time to... Isy
Hi Kate

I'd love to take part in this. Is there a word limit?

Wes
Sure, you can do all 3 if you want! Just send to me at patsydecline @ gmail .com if you do have time in the next few days. Thanks for offering.

Isy Morgenmuffel said:
Hi I would like to do something either about The Phantom Tollbooth, Mistress Mashams Repose or Pippi Longstocking - I can't quite decide maybe all three on a one page thing??? Where do you want it sent to? However, if I don't manage to do it in the next few days I won't have time to... Isy
No word limit, I guess I would have to cut it down if you write 10000 words but I don't think anyone will get that ambitious! Thanks for your offer.

Wes White said:
Hi Kate

I'd love to take part in this. Is there a word limit?

Wes
Sent another E-mail but here is what I had sent anyway:

There is totally a childrens book I was passionate about as a kid, and now love for the same and different reasons. It's called "The Coming of the Surfman" by Peter Collington. I don't have the book on me right now but I may be going back
home in the next week or two so I can refresh myself on it.
Okay Kate, I've emailed that now. Any probs, let me know. Cheers.

kate said:
Don't worry, you were completely right to use it elsewhere since my zine didn't get off the ground! I don't mind at all but if you are happy for me to reuse it I am happy to do so as hopefully that way it will end up getting read by more people. It was a great piece and should reach as many as possible! I was just going to contact you about the zine being back in action but it's great that you got in touch first to save me having to go through my old email account to find it (how did we live before gmail search?) If you could send me your piece again that would be great! Thanks so much for getting in touch and I'm sorry I failed to stay in touch with you.

eddie willson said:
Hello Kate,
i received it yesterday! Thanks so much!

eddie willson said:
Okay Kate, I've emailed that now. Any probs, let me know. Cheers.

Kate, did you ever get the children's comp zine off the ground?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service