We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Need Contributions abt Bookstores/Libraries/Reading Life

I just started a zine called Bookstore Thief and for the next issue I'd like to include some other people's personal experiences about working in bookstores, libraries, or even just an interesting story about your reading life. I don't want "this is my favorite book," but more generally quirky or weird stories associated with the reading experience . Read my blog post about this for more info and send me a msg if you'd like to contribute. Super loose deadline is Feb. 2009.

Tags: bookstores, contributions, reading, stories

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I work in a library. It's usually pretty low-key, but I could probably come up with some interesting anecdotes for you. Sounds like a great idea for a zine!
I work at a bookstore, and I've worked in 2 different libraries in three different departments. I'll have to think of some interesting stories.
hi i have a few little things to tell. ive never contributed for a zine before, is theres a prefered way you want to recieve the writing, in an email? or word document or whatever? let me know please, thanks.
I'd love to contribute something. Many years ago I worked in a university library.

Great idea for a zine. I'll give it some thought and send something your way.
M
Hey there, I've written a little story about working in a university library that I can send to you. Should I just email you. What type of contact info/bio would you like?
M
I want to write something for this zine too! I wish I had been keeping a journal during the last year of work.
Hi Dorian,
Did you ever think of any stories? I'm way behind on my projected deadline, so I'm still looking for stories. Let me know if you're still interested. You can email me offline. Thanks,
Carrie
cmercermn@comcast.net

Dorian Shaw said:
I work at a bookstore, and I've worked in 2 different libraries in three different departments. I'll have to think of some interesting stories.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service