We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I have 2 dozen+ older issues of Maximumrocknroll, mostly dating 1991-1994. Someone gave these to me for my library's zine collection but it really doesn't suit the collection (and a few of them are in so-so condition, with torn or missing covers). I need to clean these out of my space.

If you're interested, send me a message or email jerianne at undergroundpress dot org and I'll send you details about what I have. They're yours for the cost of shipping them to you (although if you'd like to kick in a buck or more as a donation for the zine library, that would be nice).

Otherwise, I'm putting them out with my recycling next week.

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

zac my boy - MRR was the bible of punk for a little while back in the day but it became a bit too restrictive (just my opinion) but still a hell of a read and it did give a lot of young kids a feeling of belonging to something

Zacery said:
What is MaximumRockNRoll? Have I missed out on something...?
Sure is tempting just for the mere fact that i would be flipping the pages drooling with nostalgia from when i was getting into punk rock. Alas... no space for them here either!
zacery, dude, why can't you just google questions like these? i'm not going to make fun of a sheltered canadian 17-year-old for not immediately knowing about "maximumrocknroll" (as tempted as i am), but a google search would have cleared things right up.
you are right...zac...why the
hell should you know...
about
NOTHING CULTURE...one FAD leading to another FAD!!!

also zac...know that you will meet many JERKS online..., but
some pretty nice folk too...don't get miffed now...develop a
wee bit
of thick skin...!!!:):):)

and ignore the haughty JERKS...who live such
SHALLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIVES that they actually
know
what
MRR
is...hahaha
tim
port angeles usa

Zacery said:
Can I point out that I'm not sheltered? I go to High School, I go to the mall, I talk to people.

I lived in the UK for ages, I'm not punk rock, I'm not into "indie culture", why would I know what the hell this is?

And, frankly, I'd rather find out what something is from a biased perspective, whether someone liked it or not, I want someone who's actually read it to tell me. We don't all instantly google everything we don't know so you can keep your snide comments to yourself, thank you very much.
I have no money right now...
But please don't throw them away :(
hey zac, hope you realise i wasnt picking on you :) realised after i posted it that it did sound condescending but it wasnt meant to be.
Oh NO...global warming!!!!!

Elijah Katz said:
I have no money right now...
But please don't throw them away :(
hey reggie...got the POB yet?...i'm trippin' on my beard...oh yes...and you
are right...a GRANDMA!!!...:):)what a tiny wee-wee head you havehahaha

Reggie Mental said:
Give the youth a break, Grandma.

ciaraxyerra said:
zacery, dude, why can't you just google questions like these? i'm not going to make fun of a sheltered canadian 17-year-old for not immediately knowing about "maximumrocknroll" (as tempted as i am), but a google search would have cleared things right up.
hee hee hee! zac, i hope this board is still around in about fifteen years & you have a chance to come back & read some of your best quotes. "i'm not sheltered! i go to high school, i go to the mall!" god, that is teen angst in its purest, most undistilled form. simply delightful. the best part of all is that you actually had to write it. i can see something so unintentionally hilarious slipping out when you're, like, yelling at your mom because she's mad that you pierced your ear, but to actually WRITE IT DOWN, to defend your honor on a messageboard...i am starting to hope that you are actually a 35-year-old doing a really good impression of a self-obsessed teenager. that would be magic.
not
hee-hee
but
wee-wee
:)

ciaraxyerra said:
hee hee hee! zac, i hope this board is still around in about fifteen years & you have a chance to come back & read some of your best quotes. "i'm not sheltered! i go to high school, i go to the mall!" god, that is teen angst in its purest, most undistilled form. simply delightful. the best part of all is that you actually had to write it. i can see something so unintentionally hilarious slipping out when you're, like, yelling at your mom because she's mad that you pierced your ear, but to actually WRITE IT DOWN, to defend your honor on a messageboard...i am starting to hope that you are actually a 35-year-old doing a really good impression of a self-obsessed teenager. that would be magic.
oh, thanx reggie...for FED-EXing
an xtra
pallet
of
Depends
4 wee-wee
can ........ you
possib-ly
be a

touch

more coherent?

this

S H I T

ain't - - - -

EDGY.

tim scannell said:
oh, thanx reggie...for FED-EXing
an xtra
pallet
of
Depends
4 wee-wee

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

 

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service