We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hi zine folks. I'm putting together a zine all about Morrissey. I'm looking for contributions. You can write about what Moz means to you, your favorite Morrissey song, etc. You could even do some Morrissey art. Whatever you choose to do must involve Morrissey in some way, shape or form.
I'm taking contributions until January 31, 2009 in hopes to release the zine in February 2009 to coincide with the release of Morrissey's new album!!!!!!

Entries can be sent here:

rebekahb@temple.edu

or via snail mail:

Rebekah B.
PO Box 3786
Philadelphia, PA 19125

Email me with any questions.


Rebekah

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh yes, I am on this! What a great idea!
Great, I look forward to reading what you do! I'm excited about it.

Chantel G. said:
Oh yes, I am on this! What a great idea!
have you read cartography for beginners? April is hilarious and wrote about following a Morrissey tour. Here's a link to a description http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=8567133
have you read cartography for beginners? April is hilarious and wrote about following a Morrissey tour. Here's a link to a description
"have you read cartography for beginners? April is hilarious and wrote about following a Morrissey tour. Here's a link to a description"

Yeah, April is the first person I thought of as soon as I read the title of the thread.

By the way, not to be a dick or anything, but if you first announced the zine on 12/9 I doubt there's any way you'll have all the contributions in by 12/31. Maybe I just suck at organizing comp zines (which is certainly possible) but getting people to agree to contribute is a fucking hassle and actually getting them to do what they promised in a timely manner is like pulling teeth. I'd give myself at least a couple of months but maybe you're quicker than me.

PS My FUN FACTS comp zines actually turned out to be pretty kick ass. Still, I hated putting them together.
I am sending my contribution via email right now!
Alex Wrekk said:
have you read cartography for beginners? April is hilarious and wrote about following a Morrissey tour. Here's a link to a description

Yep, I've read April's zine. We've exchanged Morrissey stories before. I love the issue about traveling to see Morrissey. It's fabulous.
Ericfishlegs said:
" By the way, not to be a dick or anything, but if you first announced the zine on 12/9 I doubt there's any way you'll have all the contributions in by 12/31. Maybe I just suck at organizing comp zines (which is certainly possible) but getting people to agree to contribute is a fucking hassle and actually getting them to do what they promised in a timely manner is like pulling teeth. I'd give myself at least a couple of months but maybe you're quicker than me.

.


I actually totally meant to write January 31st, I think i was so used to writing December that I wrote it instead of January. Thanks for pointing that out. I edited the discussion to make it January. It makes more sense anyway, 'cause i want it to come out with the album.

Thnx!
i am so down for this. i was thinking of sending some artwork. whats the size of the zine so i can know what im working with.
<3.
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!
I LOVE MORRISSEy SINCE EVER!
PLEASEE, LET ME IN (THAN CLOSER I GET!)
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!
I LOVE MORRISSEy SINCE EVER!
PLEASEE, LET ME IN (THAN CLOSER I GET!)
Laci Marie said:
i am so down for this. i was thinking of sending some artwork. whats the size of the zine so i can know what im working with.
<3.

I think it'll probably end up being 1/2 sized, so i'd stick with something that's around 5" by 8 1/2". You could alway do a "centerfold" if you wanted and make it 8 1/2" by 11".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

 

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service