We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hey Mini Zine Folks!
Here are the guidelines for the 1st MINI ZINE FOLKS GROUP SWAP!
1- Between now and Dec 15th, make a "new" mini zine. Size is up to you, but i think as a general rule, mini zines should be smaller than 5" x 8" / 13cm x 20cm (approx). Other than that size and shape is all up to you!
2- If you really want to participate but cannot make an entire new zine, that is fine, but try to trade something that you have done recently. I am really encouraging everyone to try to make a new zine, something fresh and new to share with the group. That's why I am giving this swap a months time.
3- Send me a message with your name and address if you want to participate. I will compile a list of the folks who are participating and then distribute the list back to everyone involved in the trade.
4- On JANUARY 2nd 2009 (note this is the new date) send out one copy of your zine to everyone on the list. I realize postage can be expensive when sending zines overseas, so PLEASE take this into consideration before joining the swap. If you join and then feel at any time that you cannot participate for any reason, PLEASE tell me right away, so I can inform everyone involved in the swap, nothing is worse than trading zines and getting nothing in return.
5- BE CREATIVE, BE AWESOME, MAKE A GREAT ZINE!!! I think that's a given for most zine folks, but put effort into this, second only to not getting a zine in trade is getting a zine that little or no effort was put into.
6- If you have any ideas about the trade. Let me know, we can add them if we think, as a group, that it would be a good idea.

I am really looking forward to getting a bunch of zines (and right before the holidays, so a cool present too, for whatever holiday you , or don't, celebrate!) from all you awesome mini zine folks!

Cheers

Jethro

Tags: awesome, folks, group, mini, rad, swap, trade, zine

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Jethro!
thank you for being a part of the trade Lynn! Its great to see so many folks getting involved in the trade, should be awesome when we're done and get a mailbox full of awesome mini zines.

Lynn said:
Thanks Jethro!
Ooooh, I'd like to do this. I'll start thinking up some ideas!
ah sorry i've been so inactive on wemakezines lately but yes i'm still totally in! so long as the date is definitely january 2nd cuz i'm in school so finals are up around the 15th, it'd be a terrible time for me to try and do this.

very excited!
excellent, i am glad you are in, the date is January 2nd for sure.

Bri Zine said:
ah sorry i've been so inactive on wemakezines lately but yes i'm still totally in! so long as the date is definitely january 2nd cuz i'm in school so finals are up around the 15th, it'd be a terrible time for me to try and do this.

very excited!
hey anna, if you'd like to join the swap, i'll add you in, we had the deadline to join as last friday, but if you want to be a part, we'd love to have you join in!! just message me your address and i'll include you.

Anna said:
Ooooh, I'd like to do this. I'll start thinking up some ideas!
Don't forget that I was in the first email! :)
Just so all in the zine swap are aware, i have one person to add to the swap and one who had to drop out, i will send out an updated list with everyone in the trade to you today! i can't wait to see all the new zines!
Just a reminder to all involved in the mini zine swap that dead line is coming up, make sure to have your zine ready to send out on January 2nd! Looking forward to what I am sure will be a GREAT bunch of zines to read and welcome in the new year!!
Hey it is probably too late for me to get in on this trade, are you going to do it again?
At this point it might be too late as the deadline is January 2nd, but if everyone else is OK with it We can let you join. I will send out an email to all the folks involved and see what they say. Rebekah (who is involved in the trade) has already sent her zine out. But i will ask and include you in the email to them all and see what response i get, to me I say the more the merrier.

ladypajama said:
Hey it is probably too late for me to get in on this trade, are you going to do it again?
after all the false starts and indecision I am so happy with the new mini zine I am doing, I hope all of you will enjoy it too, remember the deadline is this Friday! YAY!! Can't wait to see all of your zines!

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service