We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

To all those that plan to attend the Milwaukee Zine Fest- we originally began promoting with the date set as November 7th, but have since changed the date to a week later, November 14th as not to conflict with the Richmond Zine Fest.
As Milo puts it- "Go team zinester!"

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There we just some people (Joe Biel/Microcosm and possibly Alex Wrekk) who are attending the Richmond Zine fest, and we would be delighted if they would attend Milwaukee's as well.
Also, the fest is pretty mailable at this point, and a date change was still possible.
Lastly, there are such few zine events, that it just seemed in strange to have two on the same day.
If I had the money, I'd be there in a heartbeat!
Good luck!
<3

Sarah said:
That's nice and all, but is it necessary? I think we may have overlapped last year, but our zine fests are thousands of miles away from each other, and I don't think we've gotten too many Midwesterners over to Richmond before, and vice versa. We tend to have to make sure we're not overlapping with Philly Zine Fest, the Radical Bookfair or whatever it's called in Baltimore (since Baltimore seems to have at least 3 radical-type bookfairs a year), the Small Press Expo in Maryland, plus whatever larger events may be going on in Richmond itself.

But you know, thanks. Feel free to send us fliers for the MZF and we'll put them around. I get the feeling that you and Milo can't come cos you'll be too busy doing the last bits of preparation for the MZF.
How does someone get involved with this? Details and contacts, please!

adam/plastique pop
The website will be up by the end of the week, www.milwaukeezinefest.com and all the information about signing up for tabling, volunteering and workshops will be available on there!
<3

plastique pop said:
How does someone get involved with this? Details and contacts, please!

adam/plastique pop

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service