We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Has anyone here taken the MBTI test?

(If you don't know it, it's a popular test based on Jung's theories used for things like career guidance, it has its flaws, but a lot of people find it interesting. There's an ok free version here: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp and better result descriptions here: http://typelogic.com/ You get rated on Introversion vs Extroversion, physical Sensing vs iNtuiting, Thinking vs Feeling, and Perceiving vs Judging, judging here being organised and scheduled rather than judgemental.)

Personally, I'm INTP-xNTP. N&P are strong, T moderate, I borderline.

I'm guessing there's a tendency for zinemakers to be stronger on the I.

I'm predicting there's a lot of INFx people making perzines. There's certainly a lot of Fi involved in writing a confessional perzine.

Views: 241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got INFJ. 44% introverted, 50% intuitive, 88% feeling, and 33% judging. That's a lot of feeling, haha! The typelogic description sounded pretty right, idealistic and picky about friends, etc.

I'm sure you're right about most zinesters and the I, it'll be interesting to see more responses....

INFJ through and through. :)

Ooh, I was pleased to find this thread, as personality typing has been a great interest of mine for quite a while (I wrote about it im my last zine, actually).

I'm very much an INFP (though more strongly on the I & N than on the F& P).

And how about the Enneagram?  From the zines I have read, I would guess there are a lot of type 4 zinesters, especially among perzine writers (myself included).  There is a lot of information and a test you can take here: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/

INTJ for me, more of a thinker!

Your Type is
INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
44 75 12 44
Haha Steve, I knew you'd be an INTJ. The epitome of the Scientist. Loves planning things.

The enneagram is a funny one, I either come out 7w8 or 5w4 on tests, but it's not 7 integrating to 5, because it's the bad points of type 5 too.

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
33 50 12 22

fairly similar to me then Alex!

INFJ.   I was an INFP when I was younger and switched over to the J as an adult. 

There is a reason my zine is called Introvert. 

I love it when a plan comes together...

Emma Jane Falconer said:
Haha Steve, I knew you'd be an INTJ. The epitome of the Scientist. Loves planning things.

INTJ - which, funnily enough, is often linked with being a librarian, which I am. 

I 67 - N 19 - T 31 - J 6

Very introverted, which explains a lot.

INFJ here!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service