We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Where do you all sell your zines? I just started making zines again after a 16 year hiatus and things are so different these days with the internet. How are people marketing these days?

so excited to be back into zine making. i've missed it!

Views: 367

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi!  i bet it is way different than it was 16 years ago, eek.  well i am excited you are back in zineland!

to be honest with you, i do not use the internet much for promotion.  i am busy enough with distroing around town [luckily i have many places to take my zine here in the sf bay area*] and sending them out to other places i have made a connection with [mostly infoshops but also some book stores in the US] through friends or travels.  i actually have printed a new issue within the last month, but am hesitating announcing it here on this website, because i am not in a place from which i can deal with any demands for copies.  it's a thick zine and it takes a lot to photocopy it.  i have to finish my regular distro first and i am stressed with other things at the moment.

but yes, i guess a lot of people use etsy.  i have posted on a few livejournal communities when i have a new issue, and i like that because hardly anyone uses livejournal anymore and i end up just doing two or three nice trades.  :).  i'm scared to announce new issues here for the time being.

oh, also!  zine fairs.

*i recommend going into book stores and stuff like that where you live and asking them if they will carry your zine, even if they don't have a zine section.  yet.

I was just recently thinking about going into the local shops around here in Vermont because they really are the perfect place to carry them. Thanks for the encouragement! 

enola dismay said:

hi!  i bet it is way different than it was 16 years ago, eek.  well i am excited you are back in zineland!

to be honest with you, i do not use the internet much for promotion.  i am busy enough with distroing around town [luckily i have many places to take my zine here in the sf bay area*] and sending them out to other places i have made a connection with [mostly infoshops but also some book stores in the US] through friends or travels.  i actually have printed a new issue within the last month, but am hesitating announcing it here on this website, because i am not in a place from which i can deal with any demands for copies.  it's a thick zine and it takes a lot to photocopy it.  i have to finish my regular distro first and i am stressed with other things at the moment.

but yes, i guess a lot of people use etsy.  i have posted on a few livejournal communities when i have a new issue, and i like that because hardly anyone uses livejournal anymore and i end up just doing two or three nice trades.  :).  i'm scared to announce new issues here for the time being.

oh, also!  zine fairs.

*i recommend going into book stores and stuff like that where you live and asking them if they will carry your zine, even if they don't have a zine section.  yet.

Remember too that Etsy.com has a zine category and some people sell over there.

Oops, only read the first page of discussions, just noticed that someone already mentioned Etsy.

Hi, we're an online zine distro based in Australia, and are always looking for new zines to stock...

http://www.zineFAN.net

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service