We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

How do you let peole who read and enjoyed old issues of your zine know when you finish a new one?

I just have a Facebook group which I use to mass-message everyone when I finish a zine or when I'm tabling at a fair or things like that.

The thing is that 90% of the people in the group are friends of mine and I've gotten rid of a lot of zines at fairs and through distros and leaving them at libraries in other cities. So it kind of bums me out that the people who got those copies apparently didn't like it enough to want to check out the next issue.

I know I've got a couple of zines I've picked up at fairs and other places where I'd definitely like to know when the next issue is done but they left no way of finding that out.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have absolutely no suggestions since I'm so new to this whole zine culture, even though I've been making zines for years, but I just wanted to say that a facebook group is a great idea :D
I let people know through my myspace accounts. I have several people who have bought every issue of my zine. They are true supporters. I sell them on etsy.com/bethanysart. I have had some random folks buy one and never buy another. Sometimes it's discouraging. I don't let it get to me though.
can't you just write them letters?
I post about a new issue on my Myspace accounts (both personal one & zine one) and my livejournal accounts (again- personal one & zine one, plus all the zine groups on there as well) & I recently set up a Facebook fanpage (for my zine) since I spend most of my internet time now on FB & I can make updates there as well. Damn, I'm all over! LOL
I'm swaring off facebook during NaNoWriMo, but that's a good idea. I might do it in december.
eep, a fellow nano-er! how are you doing?

Amy said:
I'm swaring off facebook during NaNoWriMo, but that's a good idea. I might do it in december.
I'm at 21,100. You?
15,500. I've never been this behind before, but I got hit by exams and sickness. but I'm sure I'll catch up this weekend.

Amy said:
I'm at 21,100. You?
good luck :-) whats your username?

star blanket river child said:
15,500. I've never been this behind before, but I got hit by exams and sickness. but I'm sure I'll catch up this weekend.

Amy said:
I'm at 21,100. You?
When I finish a new issue, I usually just post about it in various zine communities on LJ, post a link to it on FB, etc. And although I have a lot of issues with zines on Etsy that I won't get into right now, it helps to have an Etsy shop that people can check whenever they feel like it and see what issues are available. I never send messages directly to specific people, though, because honestly, it comes off as kind of spammy and irritating.
Yeah. Unless they're friends. What don't you like about etsy? Maybe someone should see if they can make a store specifically for selling zines. I don't know how well it would work,though.

Maranda Elizabeth said:
When I finish a new issue, I usually just post about it in various zine communities on LJ, post a link to it on FB, etc. And although I have a lot of issues with zines on Etsy that I won't get into right now, it helps to have an Etsy shop that people can check whenever they feel like it and see what issues are available. I never send messages directly to specific people, though, because honestly, it comes off as kind of spammy and irritating.
Have you tried fliers? I have received 1/4 size fliers from fellow zinesters that always get me hooked! It also gets you in the creative spirit.

:)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service