We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I was wondering if anyone in the Los Angeles area would be interested in started a monthly or bi-monthly zinester meetup? I work at a really rad studio called The Urban Craft Center and would like to utilize the space for zinemakers to get together; share trade and work on stuff. It costs 6 bucks to use the space for an hour and there is a crazy amount of equipment and free wi-fi you can use while you are here. It is located on the westside in Santa Monica. We might even be able to start a zine library here to collect and trade. Would anyone out here be interested even if you had to drop 6 bucks for an hour to meet????? I really want the L.A zine community to have a space to go!
Here's the website: www.theurbancraftcenter.com
Rhea

Tags: community, friends, get, library, meetings, submissions, togethers, zine

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you so much!

Sarah said:
You might want to post this on the zine_scene community on livejournal. There's a few LA zinesters there, one of whom tends to mention often that LA has no zine community.
Funny, never hear of it. I have not seen any other Zines in LA but ours for some time. Perhaps we could get a list going of places where they get dropped off?
There are tons of L.A zines! You can see a lot at The Smell. I can compile a long list of places to drop them off.
Would you be interested in these zinester meetings?
Only For The Open-Minded Press said:
There are tons of L.A zines! You can see a lot at The Smell. I can compile a long list of places to drop them off.
Would you be interested in these zinester meetings?

Sure. Haven't been to the Smell in about 3 years. I tend to stay in the SFV.
This is pretty cool. I'm in Northeast & I tend to not trek out to the Westside but keep me posted anyway!
We're in San Diego, but might be convinced to make the trek. Maybe start a Group here.
Cheers,
Margarat
that would be amazing!!! Perhaps a grrrl related event? Riot grrrl karaoke? Maybe thats too ambitious ;-)
that seems really interesting I live in the sanfernando area. I also have a friend that is really into zines who would be down to join as well :]
yay! I'm so happy! I'll pick a date in the few weeks and see who shows up :-)

Scallywag said:
that seems really interesting I live in the sanfernando area. I also have a friend that is really into zines who would be down to join as well :]

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

The Word Distribution

© 2016   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service