We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I was wondering if anyone in the Los Angeles area would be interested in started a monthly or bi-monthly zinester meetup? I work at a really rad studio called The Urban Craft Center and would like to utilize the space for zinemakers to get together; share trade and work on stuff. It costs 6 bucks to use the space for an hour and there is a crazy amount of equipment and free wi-fi you can use while you are here. It is located on the westside in Santa Monica. We might even be able to start a zine library here to collect and trade. Would anyone out here be interested even if you had to drop 6 bucks for an hour to meet????? I really want the L.A zine community to have a space to go!
Here's the website: www.theurbancraftcenter.com
Rhea

Tags: community, friends, get, library, meetings, submissions, togethers, zine

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you so much!

Sarah said:
You might want to post this on the zine_scene community on livejournal. There's a few LA zinesters there, one of whom tends to mention often that LA has no zine community.
Funny, never hear of it. I have not seen any other Zines in LA but ours for some time. Perhaps we could get a list going of places where they get dropped off?
There are tons of L.A zines! You can see a lot at The Smell. I can compile a long list of places to drop them off.
Would you be interested in these zinester meetings?
Only For The Open-Minded Press said:
There are tons of L.A zines! You can see a lot at The Smell. I can compile a long list of places to drop them off.
Would you be interested in these zinester meetings?

Sure. Haven't been to the Smell in about 3 years. I tend to stay in the SFV.
This is pretty cool. I'm in Northeast & I tend to not trek out to the Westside but keep me posted anyway!
We're in San Diego, but might be convinced to make the trek. Maybe start a Group here.
Cheers,
Margarat
that would be amazing!!! Perhaps a grrrl related event? Riot grrrl karaoke? Maybe thats too ambitious ;-)
that seems really interesting I live in the sanfernando area. I also have a friend that is really into zines who would be down to join as well :]
yay! I'm so happy! I'll pick a date in the few weeks and see who shows up :-)

Scallywag said:
that seems really interesting I live in the sanfernando area. I also have a friend that is really into zines who would be down to join as well :]

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service